Any Chances To Get A Third Waiver Changed Into One For Another School in The Same Province?

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I"m on my third waiver, looking forward to an interview in Monday at a high school, but do not know if there's a possibility to get another waiver, or using the existing one, that was issued last August.

Honestly speaking, i do not want to go the traditional way, apply for a new visa in Sawannakhet, then trying to get a fourth waiver. Did anybody on this forum experience a similar situation?

Is there a way to continue, even when changing the contract into being a trainer, etc.which seems to be easy with the authorities in Sisaket. .

I'm only posting this now, because I want to make sure that it makes sense to go for that interview. I'd deeply appreciate any useful input. I know that the TCT were planning to change some things, but it's not in my interest to leave my current job, just to find out that I'm screwed.

Guess I'm not the only one with a similar problem on this forum. Thanks a lot in advance for any advise that could lead me to a final decision.

Cheers-wai2.gif .

You are applying for a 4th waiver, not a third one if I understand you.

No one can tell, you can always try and apply fro the 4th waiver. Your chances increase if you didn't change schools regularly and if you did the cultural course or are studying to become a certified teacher.

• Like 1

You are applying for a 4th waiver, not a third one if I understand you.

No one can tell, you can always try and apply fro the 4th waiver. Your chances increase if you didn't change schools regularly and if you did the cultural course or are studying to become a certified teacher.

I do have a "cultural and teaching ethics course", accredited by the TCT, which I already obtained back in 2008.

. Is it just a rumor that the TCT will announce their new regulations,soon?

If it's true, an online BA from a currently accredited university from the Philippines, with their department in Bangkok, wouldn't be helpful at all, if you're not a Filipino?

There're quite a few questions that seem of importance. Will the TCT issue a provisional TL, once you've signed up for an accredited online degree?

I have to admit that it was a mistake to quit my position at my former school, even making less than 30 K/month, where I'd already been 3.5 years and had a nice and big house on campus just to find out that all promises of my current school were lies.

A school that doesn't even register its employees at the SS office, plus some other disgusting circumstances that were not foreseeable for me when i signed my contract.

Then an always increasing load of teaching hours, plus a lot of extracurricular activities, that have nothing to do with teaching at this school,

So yes, I made some mistakes, especially when resigning at my former school and I could just continue feeling like a babysitter and it would be only a matter of time to quit teaching.

Which finally leads me to the reason why I've posted this. I'm seeking advice from people who're in a similar situation, those who have just recently applied for a third, or fourth provisional TL at Kurusapha and those who might have an idea what the new changes ( if so) will look like.

I apologize if my post repeats quite often asked questions that were threads in the past.

All I would like to do is to gather as much information as possible to finally come to a decision that enables me to continue working and living here together with my family.

Thanks a lot in advance for any useful information/advice. wai2.gif

• Like 1

Having done the cultural course and having stayed at one school for 3-1/2 years gives you a good chance, if you also can provide proof of starting the online course it will also help.

The regulations are bound to change, but I doubt that people who already have done the cultural course will now have to do a new course. It will more be that the people who didn't do one yet will have to do a more extensive course and that if you don't have a teachers license yet, the requirements to get one might be tightened up.

• Like 1

Having done the cultural course and having stayed at one school for 3-1/2 years gives you a good chance, if you also can provide proof of starting the online course it will also help.

The regulations are bound to change, but I doubt that people who already have done the cultural course will now have to do a new course. It will more be that the people who didn't do one yet will have to do a more extensive course and that if you don't have a teachers license yet, the requirements to get one might be tightened up.

Several of my colleagues have. They were initially told to leave, but the waivers were later issued.

Thanks a lot, thought about it and finally made up my mind. I won't leave my current school now, wait and see what changes the TCT will announce and then go for it.

It wouldn't look good for me, as I'm only one year at my current school, quite understandable. Just thinking about the gloved guy at the TCT, jelling at foreigners made my decision easier.

Will bite the bitter apple and wait for my promised pay raise. The school I was referring to, would pay 3-5 K less and I've heard that they do have a high turnover.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Looking forward to at least a one month + holiday paid and no Khuruspha, DOL and Immigration hassle.

Cheers-wai2.gif

Use the kurusapha online form to check your waiver status regularly.

I had 2 waivers at one school, then changed jobs about 5 years ago. The new job applied for a new waiver for me (would have been my 3rd), tried to make frequent followup calls, but never actually got the waiver or any followup information whatsoever. A year's worth of semi-frequent calls (I think our paperwork person called at least 15 times in the first month, and at least once a month after that) went either completely unanswered, or "we'll have to get back to you" with no followup. I got a work visa and WP on the strength of having applied for the waiver (note that this was about 6 years ago, so no guarantee things would be the same now, not to mention that every labor or immigration office works on their own interpretation of the rules that change with the tides).

The following year, my new school applied again. That time, it came back with a relatively short turnaround... BUT, on the online form to check things out, it was listed as my *1st* waiver (even though it should have been my 3rd). That one lasted until 2 years ago, at which point I got my "2nd" waiver. Then, as now, it wasn't clear what would be required for a 2nd waiver, so we sent in the same Culture Course that I had done in 2008. Came back fine, which brings us up to now -- my current waiver ends a couple months after the term starts. And for the past 2 years, the online form has come back with saying that I'm on waiver number 2 ("krung ti song" in Thai).

I've been a bit concerned about this transition and getting the 3rd waiver. I have a degree in Engineering, NOT education. I didn't ever sign up for or participate in any of the moneymaking scamsProfessional Knowledge Tests. I've been trying to talk my employer into bypassing kurusapha entirely by contracting me as something other than the "T" word, which they were willing to go along with. But, just to follow up on things, the paperwork lady decided to check my status on the online form again recently, and ... it came back saying I'm back to 1st waiver (krung ti neung).

The only explanation that I have for that is abject incompetence at kurusapha. Not that I'm complaining, because this time it actually works in my favor; I should easily get a "2nd" waiver (which should actually be my 4th, or 5th if they hadn't been both incompetent AND lazy in that full year where I was in limbo) and even if I don't get the waiver for whatever reason, the whole mess just further confirms to my employer that they need to bypass kurusapha if they want to get anything actually done.

...So, check your status often. Might be the case that kurusapha has lost count on your waivers and what you think will be your 3rd will show up as 1st or 2nd in their records. I've seen it happen both to my own records with them, and a couple of friends also.

Edited by LecheHombre
  • Like 2

I believe the online database listed the number based on the passport. A new passport meant that the number of waivers was reset. Not sure if that is still the case. Might very well be.

I do have a new passport now (which might let me be a completely new person in the eyes of kurusapha, although I'm not counting on that), but both times that my waiver count has dropped (first time was a full reset to zero, second time I dropped from 2nd waiver to 1st) applied to my first passport number. Using my old passport number in the search tells me I am on my first waiver, as of recently. Last year it said I was on my 2nd. My new passport comes back blank/zero, but it may not stay that way -- I have a friend who was on a 2nd waiver, got a new passport while that was going, and applied for a new waiver after the 2nd expired. They made the connection somehow and his new passport shows up as being on the 3rd waiver now. And another friend that also had a full reset down to zero also had that happen NOT linked to a new passport.

So a new passport might explain some instances of waiver resets, but definitely not all.

The randomness of it is a big part of the problem -- as is the case with many things here it is hard to plan for anything when you ask 10 different people and get 12 different answers....

• Like 1

Use the kurusapha online form to check your waiver status regularly.

I had 2 waivers at one school, then changed jobs about 5 years ago. The new job applied for a new waiver for me (would have been my 3rd), tried to make frequent followup calls, but never actually got the waiver or any followup information whatsoever. A year's worth of semi-frequent calls (I think our paperwork person called at least 15 times in the first month, and at least once a month after that) went either completely unanswered, or "we'll have to get back to you" with no followup. I got a work visa and WP on the strength of having applied for the waiver (note that this was about 6 years ago, so no guarantee things would be the same now, not to mention that every labor or immigration office works on their own interpretation of the rules that change with the tides).

The following year, my new school applied again. That time, it came back with a relatively short turnaround... BUT, on the online form to check things out, it was listed as my *1st* waiver (even though it should have been my 3rd). That one lasted until 2 years ago, at which point I got my "2nd" waiver. Then, as now, it wasn't clear what would be required for a 2nd waiver, so we sent in the same Culture Course that I had done in 2008. Came back fine, which brings us up to now -- my current waiver ends a couple months after the term starts. And for the past 2 years, the online form has come back with saying that I'm on waiver number 2 ("krung ti song" in Thai).

I've been a bit concerned about this transition and getting the 3rd waiver. I have a degree in Engineering, NOT education. I didn't ever sign up for or participate in any of the moneymaking scamsProfessional Knowledge Tests. I've been trying to talk my employer into bypassing kurusapha entirely by contracting me as something other than the "T" word, which they were willing to go along with. But, just to follow up on things, the paperwork lady decided to check my status on the online form again recently, and ... it came back saying I'm back to 1st waiver (krung ti neung).

The only explanation that I have for that is abject incompetence at kurusapha. Not that I'm complaining, because this time it actually works in my favor; I should easily get a "2nd" waiver (which should actually be my 4th, or 5th if they hadn't been both incompetent AND lazy in that full year where I was in limbo) and even if I don't get the waiver for whatever reason, the whole mess just further confirms to my employer that they need to bypass kurusapha if they want to get anything actually done.

...So, check your status often. Might be the case that kurusapha has lost count on your waivers and what you think will be your 3rd will show up as 1st or 2nd in their records. I've seen it happen both to my own records with them, and a couple of friends also.

Thanks a lot for your post. I just checked my status and I'm on my first? Shows Request one. In Thai, as well as in English.

Still okay until the 27/7/2016 when staying at my current school. I had a new passport issued in February 2013, but I don't think "these changes" are passport number related.

I was clearly on my third provisional, when I checked the last time, on my new passport.

They might have done something in favor of all the "old windmill fighters?" I haven't checked my status for quite a long time and was positively surprised when looking at my "status."

I hope they do such a "clean up" now every four years. Amazing Thailand. Thanks a lot for the wake up call. Just checked with a few friend's an they're all on their first. thumbsup.gif

P.S. I can already see the "gloved guy" at Khurusapha jelling at me : No teeechaaa..you no have degree in education. Nooooo....

Will buy him a new pair of rubber gloves....blink.png

post-158336-0-21123400-1427038506_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for your post. I just checked my status and I'm on my first? Shows Request one. In Thai, as well as in English.

The TCT's database doesn't work anymore for looking up the status of provisional teaching permits. This is the case for months. It still works for looking up teacher licenses though.

Edited by aidenai

The TCT's database doesn't work anymore for looking up the status of provisional teaching permits. This is the case for months. It still works for looking up teacher licenses though.

It does work, please check here: http://www.ksp.or.th/service/license_search.php

P.S. There's also an English version, but I couldn't find it anymore. Please see translated version attached.

post-158336-0-15015900-1427078207_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

I'm using that link, mate.

If the database would work the record should have information in the fields below.

รหัสประจำตัวประชาชน = ID/ Passport number

ชื่อ - นามสกุล = Name and last name

หน่วยงาน/สถานศึกษา = Place of work/ school

สถานะ = granted or not

เลขที่หนังสือ = reference number

วันออก = date of issue

วันหมดอายุ = expiration date

หมายเหตุ = number of issues

So tell me, lostinisaan, is this what you see when you look up your provisional teaching permits?

Got it.

This one doesn't work anymore http://www.ksp.or.th/service/license_search.php except looking up teacher licenses.

This one seems to work http://www.ksp.or.th/ksp2013/service/index.php?t=2 but only on ID-number and will only show the number of provisional teaching permits issued on the particular ID number.

In your case, try your 2 previous ID-numbers. You'll see yourself that Mr. Lostinisaan is 3 times present in the database. Now we can only look-up the provisional teaching permit on ID-number but I'm sure, the TCT can look it up on name. In the past this was also possible for us in the database that seems to be defunct now.

Got it.

This one doesn't work anymore http://www.ksp.or.th/service/license_search.php except looking up teacher licenses.

This one seems to work http://www.ksp.or.th/ksp2013/service/index.php?t=2 but only on ID-number and will only show the number of provisional teaching permits issued on the particular ID number.

In your case, try your 2 previous ID-numbers. You'll see yourself that Mr. Lostinisaan is 3 times present in the database. Now we can only look-up the provisional teaching permit on ID-number but I'm sure, the TCT can look it up on name. In the past this was also possible for us in the database that seems to be defunct now.

Thanks for looking into it. But both websites show first request, using my old passport and the new one.

But i also believe that they've got all files on their database. Anyway, time will show. Cheers-facepalm.gif

I got told the Krusapha are updating their system and have yet to finish. Could be why it is showing some people to be on their first waiver when they are not.

Possible, but five people, who'd be on their second, or third are also on their first now.

Let's just wait and see.