Any changes to non-o visa at Savannakhet?

Getting non-o visa (child) at Savannakhet and i'm just curious if anything has changed since six months ago? By changed i mean "you need document A, B, C and X now". Only thing i know that has changed is that they now once again make you wait one day for your visa. Last time i went for a non-o i got it the same day.

No changes to get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Dear joe !

Can you list which document I would need for such a Visa ?

Propably have to get one in 6 months ;

Thanks

Birth certificate plus a copy and a copy the child's house book registry.

• Like 1

I see many posts here saying " I am applying for a multi entry non O visa based on marriage or a child " I would like to know how many acceptable reasons are there to apply for this type of visa ?

Is " tourism " enough or do we need something more involved ?

Also many say they can show X amount in a Thai bank account, Is it necessary to have a bank account with money in it for this type of visa ? Or does this only become a requirement when one wants to move on to an retirement visa?

Many thanks for info clarifying these points and any others you feel I need to know about

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I see many posts here saying " I am applying for a multi entry non O visa based on marriage or a child " I would like to know how many acceptable reasons are there to apply for this type of visa ?
Is " tourism " enough or do we need something more involved ?

Also many say they can show X amount in a Thai bank account, Is it necessary to have a bank account with money in it for this type of visa ? Or does this only become a requirement when one wants to move on to an retirement visa?

Many thanks for info clarifying these points and any others you feel I need to know about

Open the link and find detailed information about Thai visas

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

NB

There is no "retirement visa"

Edited by nzexpat

Nzexpat,

Many thanks , you are a gem

But just to put you in the picture because by now you must be thinking we have a real dummy here,( and you may be correct )

Until I tie up all of the loose ends here in the UK and open a bank account in Los I am not ready to retire yet, probably in a year or so, but in the interim i want to rent accommodation and stay with my girlfriend every other month.

The department of mis- information outside of T/V has been telling me on more than one occasion that all I have to do is get an multi entry non O visa, no need for bank account ect ect and when I am ready,change to retirement and deposit 800,000฿ In the bank.

Now to be quite honest I have had so much bad info that I am totally confused and scared stiff that I may apply for the wrong visa or give the wrong reason for what I want and end up with nothing and no way to back track.

One of the proverbial spanners in the works is your final comment that there is no retirement visa.

So now I do not have a clue which way to go ( hence the dummy ) my only reasons at this time for staying is to be with my girlfriend and to put things in place for retirement and to see Thailand but this may not be enough reason for the consulate to grant the M E non O.

Having never applied any where for a visa before I am totally lost now.

So there you have it, I just thought that I needed to enlighten you.

Thanks again as I said you are a gem, I will look at the the links you have sent me and try to fathom something out.

You can obtain a multi-entry "Non O" visa in the UK but only if in receipt of an OAP

A single entry "Non O" visa can be obtained (proof of finances my be required) which would allow an application to be made (in Thailand) for an extension of stay based on retirement. (Financial requirements would need to be met.)

There is also the option of the "O-A" (long term visa). Details can be found on the London Thai embassy website.

I would suggest that you use tourist visas (giving up to a 90 day stay ) until you are ready to make the big move !

Good advise is always available here.

Nzexpat,

But just to put you in the picture because by now you must be thinking we have a real dummy here,( and you may be correct )

Until I tie up all of the loose ends here in the UK and open a bank account in Los I am not ready to retire yet, probably in a year or so, but in the interim i want to rent accommodation and stay with my girlfriend every other month.

The department of mis- information outside of T/V has been telling me on more than one occasion that all I have to do is get an multi entry non O visa, no need for bank account ect ect and when I am ready,change to retirement and deposit 800,000฿ In the bank.

Now to be quite honest I have had so much bad info that I am totally confused and scared stiff that I may apply for the wrong visa or give the wrong reason for what I want and end up with nothing and no way to back track.

One of the proverbial spanners in the works is your final comment that there is no retirement visa.

So now I do not have a clue which way to go ( hence the dummy ) my only reasons at this time for staying is to be with my girlfriend and to put things in place for retirement and to see Thailand but this may not be enough reason for the consulate to grant the M E non O.

Thanks again as I said you are a gem, I will look at the the links you have sent me and try to fathom something out.

You won't get multi entry O visa easily in UK these days unless married or proper uk pension.

Best bet is tourists, grab a tripple entry in UK which could last 6 to 8+ months if do extensions then pick up double entry tourists in savannakhet. You should have no trouble getting 12-14 months on tourist visas but do keep up to date & be prepared for any entry hassle as things change quickly here ...

Many thanks to both nzexpat and Buckbee,you have both provided this OAP ( third year on a full UK pension ) with invaluable info and I can now see the way forward.

As you say nzexpat " good advice is always available here" I just wish I had posted here in the first place instead of listening to the mis- information out there.

Still, lesson learned.

No changes to get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Dear joe !

Thanks

@Ubonjoe

Is that really all that is needed when applying for a Non Imm O based upon having Thai child (with a Thai, with child residing in Thailand), regardless of being (still) married or not to that Thai?

Original birth certificate + copy, and copy of house book?

Also, is one allowed to work on a Non Imm O visa issued on those grounds (Non Imm O based on Thai child, instead of one issued based on being married to a Thai national)?

Thanks

Dear joe !

Thanks

@Ubonjoe

Is that really all that is needed when applying for a Non Imm O based upon having Thai child (with a Thai, with child residing in Thailand), regardless of being (still) married or not to that Thai?

Original birth certificate + copy, and copy of house book?

Also, is one allowed to work on a Non Imm O visa issued on those grounds (Non Imm O based on Thai child, instead of one issued based on being married to a Thai national)?

Thanks

That is only for a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a child proven by the fathers name on the birth certificate.

A multiple entry is not possible unless your parenthood has been legitimized, And to get it would require the entire family to be present when the application is done to prove you are living together as a family (de facto marriage).

If still married you would get a multiple entry only by applying for one based upon marriage.

You could get a work permit and work with a non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Nzexpat,

You only need to be retired in Thailand as long as you are over 50.You can work on regardless in UK.To get OA visa,which most of us not so pedantic call it,you just need 800k baht equivalent in pounds in your UK bank and a few checks.Get a multi entry and you can come and go at will.

Nzexpat,

You won't get multi entry O visa easily in UK these days unless married or proper uk pension.

Best bet is tourists, grab a tripple entry in UK which could last 6 to 8+ months if do extensions then pick up double entry tourists in savannakhet. You should have no trouble getting 12-14 months on tourist visas but do keep up to date & be prepared for any entry hassle as things change quickly here ...

Why go to all that hassle when an OA multi will do the trick.Bit of paperwork once a year.No more dealings with embassies,ever.