Buri Ram superbikes races, Your thought .

moose7117

After a 4am start and getting home at 10 pm I have had a long day, Ubon to Buri Ram and back.

I am tired, but I had a great day, it was good to see the two local boys get up and apart from the lack of cold water I thought the day was excellent.

Anybody else got an thoughts ?

Rob

looked great on TV...was surprised the track was "Tilke track'...they usually look very sterile and boring.

I think it showed Thailand in a good light in a major televised international sporting event, putting on a good show with lots of people in the stands......and the Wilarot factor was pure Hollywood!!

I was there with a friend and family and all both thought it was awesome.

We were a the (full) grandstand where you have excellent view over large parts of the track.

We bought pit passes which for us was worth the 999 baht for the 25 min you were allowed there, who knows when we will go again since both my mate and I are gone 1/2 time of the year for overseas work.

The not so good: They ran out of beer and food which is disappointing. They could sell so many beers so why on earth did they ran out? well well we had some when back at the hotel. Not much merchandise to buy? Only Buriran United (football) stands, in which we have no interest whatsoever.

Beautiful facility, lots of parking and transportation. I thought it was cool your could park bike or car anywhere around outside of track and watch from anywhere. There was not much for food available near grand stand area and they ran out of water. One thing that I disliked was the general seating in grandstand. For the money we paid to be in grandstand, you should have a dedicated seat. I was late getting to grandstand for race 1 and had problems even finding a seat!

Who won?

#1 Kawi

#2 Aprilla

#3 Kawi

I watched it on Television. Track looked super . Looked like 1 wreck & one near wreck & one bike dead from what I can tell. I think the Honda had the bike that was out of the pace.

It just goes to show Kawi Let the good times roll !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I went over the weekend and had a great time, the circuit is very good. Long drive though from almost anywhere in Thailand. I booked the Grandstand and again thought the seating arrangements were a bit chaotic. Big sections were held empty for Yamaha (with no Yamaha bikes competing!!). Luckily my tgf had a Yamaha shirt on so we were allowed in. Lots of people seemed to be standing to watch the race, not so good at 1,500 baht.

Great result for the Brits of course.

I drove from Hua Hin with the whole family and picked up Granny on the way at Aranyaprathet even old granny enjoyed the races. I tried getting rid of here and the family after the first day but they wanted to come back :-(. The races were great it was my first time seeing it in person and was worth it, they had a lot a stuff for sale too. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't see the Kawasaki H2R.

The family also went to Buriram United game Sunday night and really enjoyed it also.

• Like 2

How did Boofi-Bam ever get the nod to build a track like that? Must of been some cheap land up there. But to tell people that after they fly into Bangkok to watch an international sporting event that they need to drive 4-5 hours into rural Thailand to get to the track? Seems a bit odd to me.

How did Boofi-Bam ever get the nod to build a track like that? Must of been some cheap land up there. But to tell people that after they fly into Bangkok to watch an international sporting event that they need to drive 4-5 hours into rural Thailand to get to the track? Seems a bit odd to me.

Why not, it was a smart idea from a smart local business man.

No need to drive, they have an airport in Buri Ram, so you can fly to there if you want.

Quote from Wiki: In 2013, Newin Chidchob, developer of the Buriram's new CIC F1 racetrack, has said that, "Buriram doesn't have sea like Pattaya, doesn't have mountains like Chiang Mai, so we will support Buriram to be the city of sports by 2 years soon."

For my family it was a very nice mini holiday, we drove from Pattaya Friday, went sightseeing on Saturday, saw the races on Sunday and drove back Monday.

We had to stay app 50km south of Buri Ram since all the hotels were fully booked, so good for the hotels.

People very friendly everywhere up there and it was cheap to eat and having some beers at a bar near the hotel.

Why should everything be in Bangkok? They already have a lot of stuff going on, the car show has started now as an eksample.

Well said my friend, and that is coming from a guy who lives near the sky btrain.

• Like 1

The track is not built to real F1 standards, so you will never get a major international race event there. Plus only mad-dogs and Englishmen would drive 5-6 hours to sit in the bleachers at a sporting event in 35-40 degree heat.

World Superbike Racing IS a major international race event......<deleted>?

• Like 2

The track is not built to real F1 standards, so you will never get a major international race event there. Plus only mad-dogs and Englishmen would drive 5-6 hours to sit in the bleachers at a sporting event in 35-40 degree heat.

MotoGP is, SBK isn't.

There's an airport in Buriram you [Deleted]

Newin has stated from the beginning that the track is not built to F1 spec.

He says not enough F1 in the world to justify it financially.

Does anyone else find F1 boring?

Fastest qualifier/ play follow the leader/ minimal passing/ that kinda thing.

MotoGP is, SBK isn't.

Wow!! So by your reckoning, there's really only a handful of major international race events? Being American, I assume you would include Indy500 and Nascar?

• Like 1

I understand the track is F1 homulgated. To the continual negative poster, (DELETED). And SBK whilst not quite the status of MotoGP
is a world class event by any standard. Buri Ram has an airport serviced by Air Asia, Scoot and Nokair?

I was there for five days, fantastic time. Beer ran out at a restaurant I was at which had a Chang girl. Beer ran out
continually at the various outlets on track, as did water (despite it being the Chang Circuit and event sponsored by Chang)
but you could always find some. The food was bad for Thailand, only CP were allowed in, and it ran out a lot too. So what they'll sort that out by next year believe me.

Wilairot winning was great for the locals, as was the young lad who won the Asia Talent Cup, they and I loved it. Johnny Rea
will win this title this year.

Edited by seedy
language
  • Like 1

"Construction of the CIC commenced in 2013 with an FIA Grade 2 rating that would be certified for Formula 3 racing. But the circuit's owners, led by former politician Newin Chidchob, later upgraded the construction to 1T rating, meaning that it could accommodate Formula 1 testing, and recently went further to adjust the track to pass the FIA Grade 1 rating, allowing Formula 1 racing to be held. Meanwhile, it also conforms to the FIM Grade A rating for Moto GP racing. "....whistling.gif

• Like 2

I dont really follow SBK any more and concerns about bike parking, (usually 1/2 a k way from the track) stopped me going.

After reading the reports, now i feel stupid for not going.

Any one have link to the replay?

There are two things stopping F1 going there. First is someone here would have to put up a large amount of cash (many tens of millions) which may be beyond them at the moment. Second F1 require a medical facility (which Buri Ram does not have) within a short helicopter flight that can do emergency surgery, neuro etc. Also it is quite clear the Buri Ram infrastructure, hotels etc would not cope. So Paul can rest easy, in his armchair, in his bubble, in his vacuum.

• Like 1