Buri Ram superbikes races, Your thought .

moose7117

I dont really follow SBK any more and concerns about bike parking, (usually 1/2 a k way from the track) stopped me going.

After reading the reports, now i feel stupid for not going.

Any one have link to the replay?

Parking was no issue. They had song tao taxi one after another taking people from ticket gates to stands. You can basically park anywhere you want. There is a paved road going all the way around outside of track. People were sitting and watching from everywhere. Next year I am tempted to just buy the sidestand pass for 300 instead of 1500 for grand stand. The grand stand is great, but with no assigned seats, it was hard to have a seat unless you were sitting there a hour before the race.

post-158619-0-09297400-1427341513_thumb.

1.Beautiful facility, lots of parking and transportation.

Agree. Had a great weekend. It is a horsepower track for bikes so not much overtaking.

2.I booked the Grandstand and again thought the seating arrangements were a bit chaotic.

We left our hotel at 9 AM on Sunday, wandered around the grandstand, tried different locations from the previous days and sat together with a few guys from Pattaya who decided where we were was good. Just get there early.

3.Fastest qualifier/ play follow the leader/ minimal passing/ that kinda thing.

Yes the racing was a bit processional, but that is because it looks as if it is a horse power track , with effectivively two main straights. Most of the limited overtaking there was happened away from the main spectator areas. But you can see 100% of the track from the main grandstand.

4.Plus only mad-dogs and Englishmen would drive 5-6 hours to sit in the bleachers at a sporting event in 35-40 degree heat.

4 and a half hours drive, in a minivan so it doesn't really count as driving, drank beer with mates on the way and sat in the shade. Weather was actually overcast. Only go if you are a gear head.

5.I dont really follow SBK any more and concerns about bike parking, (usually 1/2 a k way from the track) stopped me going.

Big bikes were parked behind the grandstand about 100m from the steps. You could have paid extra for paddock parking.

6.Second F1 require a medical facility (which Buri Ram does not have) within a short helicopter flight that can do emergency surgery, neuro etc.

Don't know but there was a medivac helicopter parked behind the grandstand.

This one

EC_BKK_202_resize.JPG

We had a great time. Stayed at the same hotel as the three top teams (purely by accident) room was 900 baht. Drank lots of beer, got two red hairs in a CP Burger, wandered around the paddock and watched the racing. Going again next year if there is one.

It's Thursday and I am starting to feel better after all the beer.laugh.png

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Taken from a local farang news website: Buriram times.

Close to 84,000 spectators came to watch Buriram's first ever eni World Superbike Championship race held at Chang International Circuit this weekend.

Official figures put the number at 83,739 across the three days.

For the super GT back in October an estimated 130,000 attended that particular event.

Comparing figures with other race tracks around the world and their own World Superbike attendance it appears that Buriram Thailand still tops the charts.

Figures we could find include, last year in England, at Donnington, only 29,000 came to watch the World Superbike races over the weekend. Bad weather was blamed as a large factor in the low turnout.

At Monterey in Calafornia 49,408 tuned out in 2014 which was in fact 20% up on the year before.

The incredibly famous Silverstone track in England dropped out of the WSBKs after their attendance had fallen from 64,000 in 2011 to 28,000 in 2013. All this despite many British riders taking part in the race meetings.

The first round of this year's eni World Superbike Championship was held at Australia's Phillip Island track in South Melbourne. We could not find attendance figures for that event.

Next month the motorbike championship travels to Aragon in Spain where last year the attendance was 24,255 all weekend.

This means, that from the figures we could find at least, the attendance at Thailand's first ever World Superbike Championship race in Buriram at Chang International Circuit were very high in comparison to other circuits.

This was backed up by other journalists in the CIC press room during the weekend. They said that Saturday's turn out alone in Buriram was comparable to an "entire weekend's attendance" at some other tracks.

^ I guess that must be based on tickets sales because 7 of us drove in, in a minivan, and nobody counted. If one was displaying a paddock pass no one asked for a ticket. We had both so subtract 4 from the total.whistling.gif

But 84,000, if they based demand on previous race figures, would certainly explain why they kept running out of beer and Chang Circuit T shirts.