Dr Bowornsak says election possible within the middle of next year

webfact

Dr Bowornsak says election possible within the middle of next year

23-3-2558-16-58-57-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) chairman Bowornsak Uwanno assured today that election would be held not later than the middle of next year.

Dr Bowornsak who has just returned from a study trip in Germany with a team of charter drafters insisted that the trip to gain more information about the German electoral system, particularly the mixed member proportional representation (MMP), was mutually beneficial for his team and his German counterpart.

He claimed that the German side which included constitutional court judges, members of the parliament, election officials and academics were supportive of the MMP system which is to be introduced in the next election.

He said that the German parliamentarians were shocked when he told them about the conducts of Thai MPs such as the inserting of voting cards on behalf of other MPs; the unusual passage of the amnesty bill at 4 am and the frequent calls for closure of parliamentary sessions by majority MPs.

CDC spokesman General Lertrat Rattavanich, meanwhile, said that the CDC team had valuable discussion with their German scholars, parliamentarians and constitutional court judges regarding the MMP and financial support for political among a host of issues being discussed.

Germany, said the general, has used the MMP system for 66 years and the development of German electoral system has been related to the MMP system all along.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dr-bowornsak-says-election-possible-within-the-middle-of-next-year

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-23

>>Dr Bowornsak who has just returned from a study trip in Germany with a team of charter drafters insisted that the trip to gain more information about the German electoral system, particularly the mixed member proportional representation (MMP), was mutually beneficial for his team and his German counterpart.<< Quote

Excuse me Dr Bowornsak, please inform us about the benefits for the Germans............coffee1.gif

Maybe: How not to do!!

• Like 2

AFTER TRIP TO GERMANY
Election will definitely be held next year, Borwornsak says

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A general election will definitely be held next year, Constitution Drafting Committee chairman Borwornsak Uwanno said Monday.

He was speaking after returning from a five-day official trip to Germany, in which he examined that country's electoral system because Thailand's new voting system is modelled on it.

Borwornsak said he told German foreign ministry officials and diplomats that Thailand's general election would be held early next year at the earliest and mid-2016 at the latest.

He said he discussed Germany's election system - both constituency and partylist systems - with German Constitutional Court officials.

He said the German officials told him the party-list system that the CDC was drawing up was the right move.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Election-will-definitely-be-held-next-year-Borworn-30256581.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-23

>>Dr Bowornsak who has just returned from a study trip in Germany with a team of charter drafters insisted that the trip to gain more information about the German electoral system, particularly the mixed member proportional representation (MMP), was mutually beneficial for his team and his German counterpart.<< Quote

Excuse me Dr Bowornsak, please inform us about the benefits for the Germans............coffee1.gif

Sorry Dr Bowornsak, I was not up-to-date:

The benefits for the Germans were of course the new gems from Prayut:

Too much democracy is a threat

and

A sign of a caring leader is, that he don't put his critics before a firing squad.

Well... "mutually beneficial" is a diplomatic code for 'We are grateful for your help in this rather sticky situation.'

They just keep pushing the date for elections back a little bit more. MAYBE mid 2017???

Maybe not so good on paper, but still far better than that so called early election by Yingluck to secure another 4 years, what are you afraid of ?? Prayuth ?? or because Thailand is and never was democratic ?? Your yearning for an election along with a few others is worrying knowing the Thai situation. You may well be anti military government but elections are only possible when fair elections are possible. This last sentence you will naturally overlook.

• Like 1

Despite recent indications the Thai parliament will be somewhat modeled after Germany, there are notable differences: like the appointed Senate.

And the appointed reform council.

And the appointed committees that will oversee every district office.

And the education super board with all the appointed members.

And the appointed senate can vote out the pm at anytime they see fit.

And the appointed senate can put in another pm of their choosing at any time with no election.

I bet they didn't inform the German side of all these little tidbits. ??

• Like 2

AFTER TRIP TO GERMANY

Election will definitely be held next year, Borwornsak says

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A general election will definitely be held next year, Constitution Drafting Committee chairman Borwornsak Uwanno said Monday.

He was speaking after returning from a five-day official trip to Germany, in which he examined that country's electoral system because Thailand's new voting system is modelled on it.

Borwornsak said he told German foreign ministry officials and diplomats that Thailand's general election would be held early next year at the earliest and mid-2016 at the latest.

He said he discussed Germany's election system - both constituency and partylist systems - with German Constitutional Court officials.

He said the German officials told him the party-list system that the CDC was drawing up was the right move.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Election-will-definitely-be-held-next-year-Borworn-30256581.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-03-23

Prayuth may have different ideas.

They just keep pushing the date for elections back a little bit more. MAYBE mid 2017???

Maybe not so good on paper, but still far better than that so called early election by Yingluck to secure another 4 years, what are you afraid of ?? Prayuth ?? or because Thailand is and never was democratic ?? Your yearning for an election along with a few others is worrying knowing the Thai situation. You may well be anti military government but elections are only possible when fair elections are possible. This last sentence you will naturally overlook.

yep Prayuth scares the hell out of me. He is definately the bluntest knife in the drawer and is extremely self centred. Don't mind having a new government but surely the ruling elite could have found someone better than this dangerous comedian. Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

It never ceases to amaze good old Thailand , you have a Monarch, then you go off and look at a completely different style of government , one would have thought the UK system would have been more to your liking , however if you compare lemons and Oranges , Thailand has not I repeat has not the discipline of Germany nor German people, what works well in some countries not necessary in others due to different lifestyles attitudes and traditions, but then again pardon my planet but un elected members of Parliament would be right up your alley, corruption and nepotism will be rampant ,comparing Germany with Thailand is the excuse you have been waiting for. coffee1.gif

yep Prayuth scares the hell out of me. He is definately the bluntest knife in the drawer and is extremely self centred. Don't mind having a new government but surely the ruling elite could have found someone better than this dangerous comedian.

Chooka your agenda ?? quote-- scares the hell out of me==self centered==dangerous comedian==bluntest knife in the drawer ??? I have an idea you are a touch biased and way over the top. Why you do not give credit for much that is being done ?? but you will be doing a slight U turn if you did. you seem to overlook the horrendous work that was left by The Yinglook brigade.

Fair elections are simple to enforce. Many other countries do it. The difficult part here in Thailand is the people (ruling elite) accepting them. Make populist policies for the majority and people will vote for you. It seems that people here in Bangkok don't want to let the rest of Thailand be in power. If that is the case then maybe Bangkok should separate itself.

I still keep hearing the same propaganda that fair elections can't happen but yes they can. The truth is that those who don't want to relinquish power, are using that same reason for not having free and fair elections.

Yes, you are correct for a change - how NOT to do. There you go, you have just justified the re-writing of the constitution. Well done!!!!clap2.gif.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yep Prayuth scares the hell out of me. He is definately the bluntest knife in the drawer and is extremely self centred. Don't mind having a new government but surely the ruling elite could have found someone better than this dangerous comedian.

Chooka your agenda ?? quote-- scares the hell out of me==self centered==dangerous comedian==bluntest knife in the drawer ??? I have an idea you are a touch biased and way over the top. Why you do not give credit for much that is being done ?? but you will be doing a slight U turn if you did. you seem to overlook the horrendous work that was left by The Yinglook brigade.

Jingag, can you please explain what is being done? I initially had hope for the general, but lost that long ago. But would be happy to do a u turn if you could explain why what he deserves credit for? Preferably do so with out your yellow biased hat on too please.

Excerpt from an excellent article in The Guardian yesterday:

"The general keeps changing his mind about the timetable for elections, saying that they could be any time between next year and three years away. One sharp-eyed Thai blogger noted that the ID cards of members of the National Legislative Assembly, the interim parliament appointed by Prayuth, are valid until 2020. Two recent small explosions of grenades and pipe bombs in Bangkok’s city centre, blamed on agitators, prompted Prayuth to confirm this month that martial law would stay in place until there was “total stability”. Meanwhile the troubled Thai economy is stagnating further and the country’s image abroad is looking shakier by the day."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/22/bangkok-big-brother-politics-ruling-party-democracy

Despite recent indications the Thai parliament will be somewhat modeled after Germany, there are notable differences: like the appointed Senate.

A parliament modeled after a respected democratic European state with Asian mindset politicians, what could possibly go wrong.

martial law would stay in place until there was “total stability”. Meanwhile the troubled Thai economy is stagnating further and the country’s image abroad is looking shakier by the day.

Total stability? Sounds like a good idea in the nowadays rather hectic international environment...maybe bring back the old traditional ways of life in good ol' Siam...er...Thailand...

I can not figure what should happen that would make the image of today's Thailand to be more shaky? Military junta and all...maybe torturing and killing their own citizens? Show trials before firing squad? I am actually amazed that the Thai economy and Baht is not taking more hit than it is...anyone has any idea why so?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Jingag, can you please explain what is being done? I initially had hope for the general, but lost that long ago. But would be happy to do a u turn if you could explain why what he deserves credit for? Preferably do so with out your yellow biased hat on too please.

You could not have lost hope long ago as he only has been running the job 8 months. I f you say there is nothing being done, then you will never change your agenda. I do not wear a coloured cap your other point is the same, lets leave it at that----if you do not want to see then nothing will change you....... LIVE HERE and get around more. see the changes yourself through your rose tinted glasses.