Thai Airways to End Cargo Services and Downsize its Aircraft Fleet

Jacob Maslow

Thai airways will never show a profit until they learn that farangs who know about airline business are appointed to run the airline.

Thai airlines only employ connected people ( who know jack s..t ) about how things should be done.

Look even the bank of England employed a Canadian to run the bank why? because he was the best person for the job.

Only Thai people know how to do things.All farangs are stupid attitude is a big problem, until that changes ( which it wont ) things will not get better.

Thai way something is not paying, so up the price !! crazy? yes bloody crazy.

Their is not one single foreigner in executive management at Thai. There are two reasons for this:

1.) They don't want to be there and deal with the political (Air-Force) Interference.

2.) They are not wanted there (because they may shake up the gravy train.)

They really need to take it one step beyond this and consider foreign ownership. It will be interesting, as a comparison, to see how troubled Malaysian Airlines' restructuring will pan out. It like Thai has a marvelous franchise and I hope they manage a turnaround.

To be fair to Thai people need to allow for the fact that Ethihad, Emirates, and Qatar are killing all the legacy airlines. of which Thai is one.

Here, here and the best one here. Open skies need to be fair skies.

It is easy to criticise the onboard crew. And some deserve to be, but it must be very demoralising to work in an organisation with a bloated executive that is stuffed with political appointees who have little to offer but make giant salaries. That is where the core problem lies.

Maybe you aren't aware but flight attendants on Thai Airways are all ALL Hi-So and are, at the beginning, on a higher social plane than their Thai nationality customers. Hence, the rudeness to Thai nationality passengers and not to Farang. Because of their privileged background they are unable to hide their disdain for the 'lower classes'. Unfortunately, this is a common trait among Hi-So all over Thailand and not just with flight attendants.

• Like 1

Thai airways will never show a profit until they learn that farangs who know about airline business are appointed to run the airline.

Thai airlines only employ connected people ( who know jack s..t ) about how things should be done.

Look even the bank of England employed a Canadian to run the bank why? because he was the best person for the job.

Only Thai people know how to do things.All farangs are stupid attitude is a big problem, until that changes ( which it wont ) things will not get better.

If that guy was the best qualified to run the Bank of England why is the British economy in the poo? It doesn't matter what industry it is, the west is run by the old boys clique.

That whole "best man for the job" is just BS that many get fooled into believing.

Last time I looked QANTAS was run by a whitey, and it's rubbish.

British economy is not in 'the poo'. Highest levels of employment ever at the moment. Pound sterling is strong.

And the fact that a Canadian is running the Bank of England simply disproves your other claim about an 'old boys clique'.

Please try harder.

• Like 2

Flew to London today from Bangkok with Thai. TG910. The 747 must have been two thirds empty.

In my row, the man by the window seat one side had all 3 seats to himself. The lady over on my right at the opposite window had all 3 seats to herself.

I had all 4 centre seats to myself.

It looked to be a similar situation in most of the aircraft. I saw many completely empty centre row seats and no one bothering to grab the 4 seats for themselves. They did not need to they had enough for themselves anyway.

In my row and the two in front of me there were 11 people in the 30 seats.

I do not fly so much these days but is this usual even at this time of year??

Simon

This was tradionally peak season for Thai. LHR used to be a big earner for Thai but since the rise of Emirates and the other two they've lost market share dramatically particularly as its now easier to fly say Manchester to BKK via Dubai than go down to London. Thai used to have a great product now a shadow of what it used to be. And don't even mention the fares. Stacks of threads around about the decline of Thai.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is easy to criticise the onboard crew. And some deserve to be, but it must be very demoralising to work in an organisation with a bloated executive that is stuffed with political appointees who have little to offer but make giant salaries. That is where the core problem lies.

Sorry but that's no excuse.

It's in everybody's interests to give good service and preserve your job.

Another point, Thai cabin crew are paid well above many other airlines both in salary and allowance.

If you don't want to give service then you shouldn't be working in this industry. And nobody is stopping them from leaving.

Anyone that thinks cabin service on Thai is bad, have apparently never enjoyed the rude, crude and socially unacceptable attendants on any one of the US carriers.

• Like 2

Maybe you aren't aware but flight attendants on Thai Airways are all ALL Hi-So and are, at the beginning, on a higher social plane than their Thai nationality customers. Hence, the rudeness to Thai nationality passengers and not to Farang. Because of their privileged background they are unable to hide their disdain for the 'lower classes'. Unfortunately, this is a common trait among Hi-So all over Thailand and not just with flight attendants.

Sounds like Korea. clap2.gif

If that guy was the best qualified to run the Bank of England why is the British economy in the poo? It doesn't matter what industry it is, the west is run by the old boys clique.

That whole "best man for the job" is just BS that many get fooled into believing.

Last time I looked QANTAS was run by a whitey, and it's rubbish.

British economy is not in 'the poo'. Highest levels of employment ever at the moment. Pound sterling is strong.

And the fact that a Canadian is running the Bank of England simply disproves your other claim about an 'old boys clique'.

Please try harder.

Just because he's Canadian does not mean that he's not in the "old boys clique". It's an incestuous cess pool wherever one is.

One pound Sterling = 48.3 baht does not say "strong" to me. That's worse than when it was 45, allowing for inflation.

The reality of flying has changed dramatically over the last few years. I have said it before and will keep on saying it. LOWER YOUR FARES then people will come ,

Why should I pay 15000 baht to fly to HK when I can take one of many other carriers for under 10,000

This is your mail problem but for some reason you will not face it . You just keep charging your outrageous fees and hope people will come because you bought new equipment.

Not a chance You are so out of touch with the consumer it is laughable cheesy.gif You are more worried about saving face then saving the airline

Then don't pay the TG fare and fly with Thai Orient or Air Asia.

No need for Thai to lower its airfare on the HKG -BKK/HKT routes as these are some of the best performing routes. You are comparing TG's rates with low cost carrier base fares before those carriers add in their baggage, meals, ticket and change fees. Hong Kong Airlines, Air Asia, Thai Orient are not in stye came class of airline. The key competitor on the BKK-HKG route is CX and the CX fares are sometimes higher and sometimes lower than TG for Y, with TG usually having lower cost business class fares.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The reality of flying has changed dramatically over the last few years. I have said it before and will keep on saying it. LOWER YOUR FARES then people will come ,

Why should I pay 15000 baht to fly to HK when I can take one of many other carriers for under 10,000

This is your mail problem but for some reason you will not face it . You just keep charging your outrageous fees and hope people will come because you bought new equipment.

Not a chance You are so out of touch with the consumer it is laughable cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> You are more worried about saving face then saving the airline

Then don't pay the TG fare and fly with Thai Orient or Air Asia.

No need for Thai to lower its airfare on the HKG -BKK/HKT routes as these are some of the best performing routes. You are comparing TG's rates with low cost carrier base fares before those carriers add in their baggage, meals, ticket and change fees. Hong Kong Airlines, Air Asia, Thai Orient are not in stye came class of airline. The key competitor on the BKK-HKG route is CX and the CX fares are sometimes higher and sometimes lower than TG for Y, with TG usually having lower cost business class fares.

Class! Well for TG I guess you mean:

- Little help when you call to get a bit more information, sometimes because their website is so confusing and not customer friendly.

- Little help from the cabin crew for people with little kids etc.

- During pre-dinner drinks on a long haul passenger asks for 'gin tonic', response: 'mort' and trolley dolley quickly moves away. Customer goes to galley and asks for 'gin tonic' and gets positive quick response and walks away with a glass of gin tonic.

- Regularly unclear answers from cabin crew who are not paying attention (and no eye contact) to what the passengers is saying / asking.

- Treated like sheep when the meal is handed out. No attempt whatever to supply customers first choice when one trolley is finished for fish or whatever

- Meals not going to win any awards.

- Ask for a coffee perhaps 30 minutes after meal all finished on a long haul flight, and response: 'coffee finished today'.

And more.

Yep great style.

Sounds like Korea. clap2.gif

Or even worse India´s caste system bah.gif