Security Guard indecently assaults British Woman at East Pattaya Village

webfact

Does anyone here actually think that a Security Guard Job in Thailand has any kind of screening for the people employed?? This is one of the lowest paid jobs in Thailand and the guys who work these shifts does not care if they loose the job, just get another one around the corner or sweep floors, sell brooms or whatever....it is the same shitty pay.

You are obviously referring to local security companies. International ones in Thailand will do criminal record screening and pay the minimum wage which for 12 hours work per day equals to 15,000 baht per month.

' Indecently assaulted ' can you decently assault someone?

Can you ever make a non-fatuous post?

Maybe you should ask every nation in the world that uses that universally accepted phrase to describe the offence.

Maybe you should also ask the woman who suffered this attack. She probably wouldn't find the comment as humourous as you seem to think it was.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Aside from the interesting wording of the news heading, I'm glad the woman was not assaulted anymore than was noted in the article.

Not to put all in one pot, but when I see the local security employees, I know one gets way one pays for.

What was so "interesting" about the wording of the perfectly normal, easy to understand, unambiguous, headline?

I'm sure the lady will be comforted knowing that you consider the traumatic assault she was subject to could have been worse.

Hello, Equalizer. It appears that I and Lucifer666 were the only ones who realized your response was to CraigSchuler's comment, not the OP. Good luck with this one, mate.

*edited to include Lucifer666

Proves the point that some people should just not drink!....Have an ex brother in law that went on a drunk one night.....Stumbled his way, found the kitchen and ate 1/4 gallon of ice cream from the freezer....That's when the homeowner informed him that his house was one block over. Spent the next few days in county jail.

One day that home owner may be a victim of a hit and run, lying in the gutter needing urgent medical assistance. God help them if the only guy around the neighborhood is the guy around the corner they got banged up. Where i come from he would have been ass kicked off the premises but if it was clear he had been drinking and i knew him and i also knew he was not purposely robbing the place i don't think i would have seen him in jail for a few days. Just hope he didn't lose his job also.

Edited by Songlaw

Proves the point that some people should just not drink!....Have an ex brother in law that went on a drunk one night.....Stumbled his way, found the kitchen and ate 1/4 gallon of ice cream from the freezer....That's when the homeowner informed him that his house was one block over. Spent the next few days in county jail.

One day that home owner may be a victim of a hit and run, lying in the gutter needing urgent medical assistance. God help them if the only guy around the neighborhood is the guy around the corner they got banged up. Where i come from he would have been ass kicked off the premises but if it was clear he had been drinking and i knew him and i also knew he was not purposely robbing the place i don't think i would have seen him in jail for a few days. Just hope he didn't lose his job also.

But my experience indicates that this attitude can vary from trailer park to trailer park.

Rubbish. If this is true, he desreves even more than that. Much more. He can never be trusted to be a security guard again - drunk, sexual assault and trespassing.

"the Guard, who is suspected of being drunk, entered the house through the unlocked front gate, and approached the British woman and began to hug her and touch her in intimate areas of her body."

And as far as your comment about "One day that home owner may be a victim of a hit and run, lying in the gutter needing urgent medical assistance", how could this guy be trusted not to be drunk or to sexually assault her in that situation?

PERFECTION !

Ladies and Gentlemen, and ladies who are gentlemen, and gentlemen who are ... OK, let's just skip the introduction, this is getting confusing... 555

We have arrived at that moment where the Thai Visa Word Salad Machine is fully functional and working over time.

Somehow, a rather obtuse posting about an ice cream loving drunk doing a few days in the county jail has been perfectly blended with the original "news" and we are about to debate Drunk Ice Cream Loving Thai's who can not be trusted in a position of authority.

This is going to be a delight to watch unfold, and in a perfect world, will end with Costas telling us if we do not want to share Ice Cream with our Thai neighbors we should all pack up and move to The Falklands.

Thank you all ... great laugh ... you can not make this stuff up !

I live in that village and in 7 years there has never been a problem but security guards change and get rotated as do security companies. Due to pool maintenance, gardeners etc, a small gate is often left unlocked to facilitate that and in a guarded village none expects such an occurrence as being discussed. The issue has been been addressed by village management and new security company looked into. As mentioned, security is a low paid and very boring job that few would want and having a nut case slip through the screening is possible.

"Screening" ? really? does it go like............"hey wanna job" or is there really more to it?

I see.. So it's okay for a pissed up idiot who is in a position of "trust" to illegally enter your home and grope the female occupants? It's okay because he's drunk? And if it had been your daughter or wife or mother that was getting groped by a drunk security guard? Would you think the same? If that's true - which I guess it must be - then what a great father/husband you are NOT if you're not prepared to look after your loved ones and think it's okay for this sh*t to happen to them. In fact, I'd say you're no better than the drunk security guard, maybe worse.

...'security'....

..wonder what that translates to........

too frequently, means someone who is given distinctive work clothes and is prepared to do low-paid work at anti-social hours.

Edited by attento

I see.. So it's okay for a pissed up idiot who is in a position of "trust" to illegally enter your home and grope the female occupants? It's okay because he's drunk? And if it had been your daughter or wife or mother that was getting groped by a drunk security guard? Would you think the same? If that's true - which I guess it must be - then what a great father/husband you are NOT if you're not prepared to look after your loved ones and think it's okay for this sh*t to happen to them. In fact, I'd say you're no better than the drunk security guard, maybe worse.

Dear Alwyn,

You have quoted two posts. I think you should read them again. Start with the first one from Craig. Once you realise that Equalizer was replying to Craig's post and NOT to the original article, everything should become clear.

Edited by chickenslegs

You seriously need help !! And the "Fist" in your avatar, tells the rest of the story.

Okay I have a question. I have been drunk maybe 2 times in my life and I remember having difficulty with walkinG, but in both instances I remember asking myself: Am i stupid enough to drive right now? Am I so out of control that I would hurt someone or rape a woman? The answers to those questions were no at the time. So here is my question: Was I simply not drunk enough?

Having been the victim of men groping me inappropriately on a couple of ocassions, i can tell you it is no laughing matter. It really does affect you badly.

In my case, i was afraid for a long time to even be hugged or to be anywhere on my own. Even in my own home. i had friends sleeping on the couch for weeks on end.

I know it is not as bad as rape, but it almost is. It is the fact that some men think it is ok to rub against you or grab your crotch or boobs that sickens me.

Nowadays i know what to do with my knees and elbows. I took self defence classes, and that helped a lot. I was with other women who had had the same thing happen to them. Of all ages and sizes.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

You're trolling, right? A guy trespasses a private home ... sexually gropes a woman ... and you forgive him because he was drunk??? He's lucky he didn't get shot dead. What if he did that to your wife, daughter or mom? Would you be so forgiving then? Being drunk doesn't excuse anything.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

If this had happened to a female member of my family, going to jail would be the least of this grub's concerns. Security company management needs to take action as well. Random site visits by supervisors to ensure personnel are conducting themselves in a professional manner are needed ( <deleted> , this is Thailand, silly me !! no chance of standards being enforced by some low rate security provider that hires bottom feeders !)

• Like 1

I live in that village and in 7 years there has never been a problem but security guards change and get rotated as do security companies. Due to pool maintenance, gardeners etc, a small gate is often left unlocked to facilitate that and in a guarded village none expects such an occurrence as being discussed. The issue has been been addressed by village management and new security company looked into. As mentioned, security is a low paid and very boring job that few would want and having a nut case slip through the screening is possible.

Is why they are always fast a sleep ....?