Train collision with truck, 24th March, Saraphi

naboo

http://www.cmprice.com/forum/?content=detail&wb_type_id=1&topic_id=173681

7 or 8 dead in accident at crossing near Saraphi during this evening's rain. Since they relaid the tracks, trains are doing Chiang Mai to Lamphun at 100kph with several crossings having no lights or barrier.

Warning - if you follow the link to Facebook below the video, you'll be taken to a Facebook page with some pretty gruesome pictures, I wish I hadn't clicked.

Edited by naboo

RIP those lost. Crossings with no lights and/or barriers are accidents waiting to happen. Apart from the odd farmer only crossing controlled by telephones connected to the nearest Signal Box, such unprotected crossings should not exist in the 21st century.

Its only a few hours ago and already (as mentioned by op) graphic pictures on Facebook. No doubt the Emergency Services facebook site will upload as well.

Sure is one hell of a way for family and friends (and children) to find out if police and relayed phone calls did not get to everyone first.....and the photos will always be somewhere on the web.

I know some Thai apologists may suggest that i am not with the program (culture) and so be it.

Its crazy that in similar scenes liquor, hand guns, and cigarettes have pixels blurred but not traumatic injuries, violated peoples and personal identifiers (including care taken here to get close up of car rego plate) are graphically shown and in a way promoted.

Rant over.

RIP and my sympathy to those that have lost.

<removed> I was driving down that road just before that happened. At the time, I thought the train was going way too fast as he went past me - the rain was bucketing down and visibility was very poor. I turned off before that spot at about 5.10 (was late getting my GF at 5pm). My GFs Sister lives in Saraphi - when I got there we saw and heard heaps of police/emergency vehicles going past - thought it was accident on the Hway so we went another way back. Surely the trains should slow down in such rain when there are no crossing barriers. RIP to them all.