Motor show models may face legal action

Thaivisa News

"they have clearly violated the law",,,, And I thought it was up to a judge to decide if the law has in fact been violated and not some bureaucrat,

And don't share the photo's or you'll in violation of the computer crimes act... Anyone got a copy of this well beaten widely use act so as one can learn of it's parameters so as to avoid being is said violation, don't wanna take any chances now.

Who'da thunk?

You thought it was up to a judge?

Were you here for the military coup?

Come to Pattaya or parts of BKK or Phuket you sanctimonious prig...lots of girls inappropriately dressed and undressed.

Also, you should be directing your sanctimonious anger towards the bosses that tell the girls to dress this way...my God what idiots.

Edited by oneday

The pretties are getting punished because a lot of them are not only trying to sell cars but their bodies too.If you are not aware of what really goes at that motor show...you will be surprised that there are more pretties bought than the cars itself.

I read an article about the pretties or promotion girls as they are commonly called a while ago. First I was stunned by how little money they were paid. And in the interview part with them, they were

complaining about all the people who wanted to buy sex from them. Not sure if that was a perk

of the job, or a disgusting thing they had to do.....

I don't think the Thai culture ministry have ever been involved in even one case where they did not come out as complete idiots. Thailand as a whole would be much better off, if the culture ministry was simply closed once and for all.

I am sure the current laws regarding indecent exposure, public nudity etc. can handle pretty much any such case without any help from the culture ministry.

I do feel sorry for the people working at the culture ministry though. They all sit in an office all year doing nothing, just waiting for Songkran and the annual motorshow, so they can complain and sue someone and thereby prove to their bosses that there is still a reason to keep them around.

Yupha Thaweewatanakijboworn, director of the Culture Watch Office

First off, it is very telling that such an office exists, and does remind us that the Orwellian vision is still alive and well.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Secondly, I Googled Bangkok motor show body paint to see what the fuss was about, and it would seem that every model there (at least in the Google pics) were covered, although some other Asian motor shows were a bit less strict about art. Fully covered? No, but the supposed 'naughty bits' were not on display without a LOT of imagination. None of these I saw would have offended even if I had had my grandkids with me, but then I am not a knee jerk reactionary about 'moral' issues.

KB

• Like 1

Netizens warned against sharing improper images of pretties in social media

25-3-2558-16-19-52-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Netizens have been told by the Ministry of Culture not to share the images of scantily-dressed motor show pretties in the social media warning that they may face legal actions.

Mrs Yupa Thaveewattanakitborn, director of culture monitoring office, said today that the images posted on the social media of models with their bodies painted and scantily dressed at the Bangkok International Motor Show held at Muang Thong Thani were indecent and construed as a violation of the Criminal Code.

She said that the models in question could face a fine of 5,000 baht for indecent act whereas those who posted or shared the images in the media would be liable to charges under the computer law.

Meanwhile, Culture Minister Veera Rojpojanarat said he would ask car companies participating in the motor show to ensure that the models are dressed more properly.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/netizens-warned-against-sharing-improper-images-of-pretties-in-social-media

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-25

Please post some more pictures of the models in question so that I can attain the proper level of indignation and outrage.

Here she is, wearing only body paint.

1972 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000,

Admire those curves and hear her purr.

Ain't she beautiful?

(As requested)

post-84786-0-30035900-1427275581_thumb.j

Edited by catterwell
  • Like 1

................What?..........you got to be kidding!.........They are models for Christ Sake! ....and if you can't enjoy the beauty of a female body, something is wrong with you!.......Or is it your wife/Girl Friend, complaining? What the hell are you doling in this country?.........I have no problem with nice beautiful bodies being shown off, in nice looking cars! they are kind of an accessory to a fast looking car!

• Like 1

She said the article prohibited any person from carrying out an embarrassing act by exposing himself or herself or doing any other indecent activity in public place.

its not a public place, there is a 100 Baht fee to get in.

I'm all a-quiver. Shaking, dribbling and drooling all over at those beauties.

Fantastic post OP !! clap2.gif

Netizens warned against sharing improper images of pretties in social media

25-3-2558-16-19-52-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Netizens have been told by the Ministry of Culture not to share the images of scantily-dressed motor show pretties in the social media warning that they may face legal actions.

Mrs Yupa Thaveewattanakitborn, director of culture monitoring office, said today that the images posted on the social media of models with their bodies painted and scantily dressed at the Bangkok International Motor Show held at Muang Thong Thani were indecent and construed as a violation of the Criminal Code.

She said that the models in question could face a fine of 5,000 baht for indecent act whereas those who posted or shared the images in the media would be liable to charges under the computer law.

Meanwhile, Culture Minister Veera Rojpojanarat said he would ask car companies participating in the motor show to ensure that the models are dressed more properly.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/netizens-warned-against-sharing-improper-images-of-pretties-in-social-media

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-03-25

smile.pngbiggrin.pnglaugh.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif ...wait....they are serious?! facepalm.gif