Pirelli has been sold

bramds

Well i'm about to buy my 7th set of Rosso ll tyres from showpow, granted no changes would be made to this batch and to be honest i highly doubt any changes will be made to their current models.
Perhaps there will be a few new tyres developed for the budget rider

Hans: "they are making the best cars since pre ford days"

¿Before the Model T;

or before Gerald was president...

or?

I'm talking before Ford bought Volvo.

Volvo was ruined by Ford. They only bought it to strip it of its safety patents and technology and make Volvo reliant on Fords parts supply bin after they sold the company. Now the Chinese took over they are making great cars again but they can't quite shake Ford off just yet as they have a contract to keep using Ford parts as part of the sale.

The new V40 and V60 are great cars which goes to show that Chinese ownership doesn't mean less quality.

• Like 1

Still engineered and made in Italy? No problem for me

Mine are made in Brazil 2014. Should this be a problem for me?
It wouldn't be a problem for me. AFAIK there have been no issues with their tires from existing plants.
  • Like 2

Many "Italian Made" merchandise, even the traditional ones, like leather goods and marble, are imported from "3rd world countries" and sold and exported with a new "Italian" brand name label. From very long time now the "Made in England" some best horse saddles are made in a friend's factory in Argentina. Swiss watches?....Do you wonders why the Chinese copies are so good?

China sells very bad quality staff...but also very high quality ones to high class buyers. Most average people never will see that merchandise, and believes that EVERYTHING Chinese is cheap. Anyway...the I5 phone you are using...it is made in China by Apple.

[ . . . ]

Anyway...the I5 phone you are using...it is made in China by Apple.

The I-Phone is made in China FOR Apple. There's a huge difference between that and a product being made in China for a Chinese company. Let's hope Pirelli wont fall away quality wise.

@Hansgruber: Don't you mean thank goodness the new V40 and V60 still have to use Ford parts?

I was gonna buy some but if they are Chinese forget it.

And Jaguar/Land Rover are owned by Indians. What is your point? Jaguar especially, the quality control on their cars in the last 5 years is outstanding and has never been better.