Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

I'm guessing they will stick to the '15 days before' the due date to report online regardless of whether that date falls on a weekend (e.g. you wouldn't do the report on the Friday if your 15 days before falls on a Saturday?).  I've got the site up and working and it seemed like it was going to let me progress pass page 1 but it keeps reverting to page 1 so I'm not able to get beyond the captcha.  

My entry date was 21/11/17, by my calculations the due date for my 90 day is 18/02/18.  15 days before that is 03/02/18.  Wondered if it might allow the report to take account of the weekend.  Seems not.  I guess / hope it must continue to work (when it does work) over the weekend.  It'd have to I guess or you'd be screwed either way, in this case, one day too early (today) or two days too late (Monday).

Just tried it again and am now getting the 'For further info on 90 day reporting' message.  Guess it must be I'm trying to report too early.

Edited by SooKee

10 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I'm guessing they will stick to the '15 days before' the due date to report online regardless of whether that date falls on a weekend (e.g. you wouldn't do the report on the Friday if your 15 days before falls on a Saturday?).

You have a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date to do the application. If outside the window the office that processes the report would deny it.

Being outside the window does not prevent you from submitting the report.

Are you getting a message to contact your local office? That means your record could not be found. Entering  the info incorrectly in one of the required fields can cause that problem.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date to do the application. If outside the window the office that processes the report would deny it.

Are you getting a message to contact your local office? That means your record could not be found. Entering  the info incorrectly in one of the required fields can cause that problem.

The message I'm now getting is this:   "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

I've tried only entering the details that are marked with an asterisk too.  I'll try again tomorrow or Monday but if no joy I'll just do it when I go to renew my extension next week.  Just hoped to get it done so one less thing to queue for.

Tried again today, no joy, so I'll do it in person when I visit Immigration next week.  For some reason I have a note in my files about having to do the first report after re-entering either in person or by post.  No sure why that is, maybe something I picked up on when originally trying to work my way through the maze of why sometimes the online system works and sometimes doesn't.  Can't be bothered to waste any more time on it, either trying or reading, so after this time I'll revert to trying once online then revert to postal.  I've had it work a few times and it's been great when it does, can't remember whether I'd always first reported by other means when it did work though.

Edited by SooKee

On 2.2.2018 at 11:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

I seriously doubt that.

All my infos were pasted from a formerly working form, (I always save fileld forms like that).

I've also tried different browsers on different OS

I also doubt, that these forms are somehow "connected" to a "live" database, or even checked for "matching records".

At least, not online in that fraction of a second, while submitting the form and the error pops up...

6 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

I also doubt, that these forms are somehow "connected" to a "live" database, or even checked for "matching records".

At least, not online in that fraction of a second, while submitting the form and the error pops up...

It is certainly checked against a database that has a record based upon your last entry to the country.

The few lines of required fields can only a take few milliseconds to confirm.

Perhaps part of the problem you are having is because you are pasting in the info. Try just entering the info in the fields that are marked by a .

Are you using the drop down menu for your nationality?

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is certainly checked against a database that has a record based upon your last entry to the country.

Source?

The few lines of required fields can only a take few milliseconds to confirm.

Wrong.

There are lots of values, not just a name, which have to be checked against the database.

And not to forget the Immi's database size, which must be definitely extremely huge with millions of records.

However, this error pops up immediately "on submit", so even the latency to submit the form and get the results would be longer...:sleep:

It's 99.99% a technical bug.

5 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Source?

Immigration when they explained why some people cannot do the online reporting if they have an entry prior to 2013 or a new passport since the last entry.

5 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Wrong.

There are lots of values, not just a name, which have to be checked against the database.

I only count 7 fields that have a red asterick beside them plus the captcha.

I think the system starts accessing the database as soon as you enter your passport number (first field entered).

It is evident something is going on if using a incompatible browser on the site since it affects entering the fields.

Submit is the final step of the process when it either takes you to the next page or gives you the error.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the system starts accessing the database as soon as you enter your passport number (first field entered).

Submit is the final step of the process when it either takes you to the next page or gives you the error.

Normally, forms like this are checked after a successful transmission, otherwise each typed character, (or a malicious script) would create useless and unwanted database load.

But I'm too lazy, too fire up Wireshark to check the traffic while filling the form.

Anyway, this what I get, when clicking the "submit" button, looks like a problem with the jquery Javascript.

a6fa6d2df5bbd44366eee74b05998414.png

Interesting.  I still can't recall whether I've ever had the online system work when it was the first report following a re-entry.  I'll just keep trying as time goes on and make a point of logging that specific detail whenever I can get it to work again.  If it wasn't such an abysmally designed site you could perhaps have more confidence in any findings you may make eventually come up with it, trouble is it is poorly designed and it could just as easily be having a buggy day.

8 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

It did for me last time round.

Damn!!!  At least I thought I'd got close to a 'reason' why it wasn't working this time around.  There go that theory then.  In all honesty I THINK it did for me once too, just can't be 100% sure.  Of course I suppose there's always the possibility that my details may not have been entered correctly their end, or of course, it's just a crap system that can be great - when it works.

things to check if it is not working for you

Use IE (Internet Explorer) or a compatible plugin on another browser 

Make sure you are within the 15-7 day window

Use CAPS for all entries

Make sure you enter fields manually and be careful not to put a space at the end (a space is a character)

Use Pull down menus where provided

Make sure and enter the correct date for the expiry of your current extension (not report date)(and use the menu)

If you have changed your passport since last report and not left and reentered the country it will not work

The smallest error on the forms it will not work so check carefully 

3 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

It did for me last time round.

Hmm, just tried logging on to the website to submit a report. Even with the IE extension tab I am presented with ominous-sounding privacy error and security certificate integrity warnings. Since I have no wish to expose my laptop to the apparent risks of reporting online I think that I shall stick to the tried and trusted snail mail method. 

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Even with the IE extension tab I am presented with ominous-sounding privacy error and security certificate integrity warnings.

Their certificate is not valid is the reason for the warning. Nothing really to worry about.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Their certificate is not valid is the reason for the warning. Nothing really to worry about.

In which case it's high time IMHO that the IB got their finger out and validated the certificate so we didn't get these alarming (and unnecessary) warnings. As well as providing us with a system which didn't rely on an antiquated browser for its effective operation.

They had a golden opportunity to put matters right, I think, when the site was closed down for a few months a while back after it had been targeted by hackers for cyber attacks. But did they take this opportunity? Of course not, it was a case of same old, same old when the site did eventually come back online.

On 02/02/2018 at 11:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

Today, got the online system to work!  So, for me at least, it does seem that being outside of the window for reporting did prevent me from making the report.  Can't say categorically that it was JUST that reason, it may have just been a system bug that got resolved today, but that just seems to much of a coincidence.  To recap:

My last entry stamp was dated 21/11/2017.  By my calculations, next report due 18/02/18.  15 days before that = 03/02/2018.

Friday 02/02 (16 days before due): Tried to report.  Thought it might let me given 03 is a Saturday.  System all working fine.  Either couldn't progress beyond the Page 1 'Captcha' OR got the 'Contact your local office' error.

Saturday 03/02 (15 days before due date): As above.  'Contact your local office'.

Sunday 04/02 (14 days before  due date): As above.  Again.

Monday 05/02 (13 days before due date): Success, first attempt.  Nothing different in any way from the data as entered the above three days except this time it takes me straight to the address reporting page.

Like I say, could be another reason, glitch maybe.  I'm guessing it's more likely the case that if your 15 days falls on weekend, it'll be the first working day after the 15 days before that it'll let you report online, not the first working day before, nor either of the weekend days.

Again, used IE 10 on Chrome on a Mac to do the report.  Other options may have worked by no interest to try them, would rather just stick to the combination I know that works.  Later / tomorrow I'll use Opera to access and print the receipt / next appointment slip.

Edited by SooKee

My first notification of stay is due Feb 19. I will be out ouf the country on Feb 23.
I tried to applied online today (Feb 5, 15-7 days prior window) but I get the same error as everyone else. Since it's a new passport, new visa and my first 90 day report, should I expect I must go in person any days now before I leave? 

45 minutes ago, julot said:

Since it's a new passport, new visa and my first 90 day report, should I expect I must go in person any days now before I leave? 

If you have gotten a new passport since you last entry that is why you get the message.

You could the report in person at any time now.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have gotten a new passport since you last entry that is why you get the message.

You could the report in person at any time now.

You are right, I forgot I received the new passport after last entry and not before the last exit. I will do it in person. Thanks @ubonjoe!

Did my first online application today ( now pending ).

Here is an SOP for anyone struggling to complete online reporting.

90 day report online

Internet Explorer and Windows 10.

1). Enter this site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do  on Internet Explorer. Ignore “Site not secure” message and click more information, click on go to website.
2). Scroll down and accept the terms and conditions by checking the box.
3). Click accept.
4). Click on top box “Notification of staying in Kingdom over 90 days(TM47)”
5). Fill in the 3 step (3 pages) of personal information and submit.
6). Step 4 is acknowledgement of entry.
7). Print out this page , or if no printer available: right click on the printer button, select print from drop down menu, check Microsoft print to PDF box and click print, chose destination for your pdf document  :NOTE, give your document a name to save it.

To check status of application repeat steps 1 thru 3 then on step 4 click on “check status of application” box.
Use reference number from saved document or passport information, click on search button to receive application status ( approved or pending ).

I submitted my 4th online application on Friday morning last (due 11th February). The previous times they never got past the PENDING phase. The latest application is now PENDING.

Surin Immigration Office.

Edited by Yorkie

On 13/09/2016 at 7:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

You were not on IE Tab since you only had one address bar showing.

IE tab address bars.jpg

Try right clicking this link https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

Then click open in IE tab on the menu,

drop down menu.jpg

Did all of the foregoing, completed the first page of the form, plus captcha and then submit.

A blank page followed...

5 minutes ago, samtam said:

Did all of the foregoing, completed the first page of the form, plus captcha and then submit.

A blank page followed...

The blank page is normally a result from having a popup blocker turned on that prevented you from getting a message to contact your local office.

If you were using IE Tab the pop up blocker should not come into play since is use a basic version of IE.