Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Because I cannot do them.

I have no record in the database that the online reporting system checks. My last entry was prior to 2013 and a new passport as well.

As usual since online reporting started I tried a few times and as always I get the message to contact my local office.

TBH Joe that was my experience until yesterday, no one was more surprised than me when I got past the first page and then completed and approved 

PS, just to add - I tried a few days ago but was just outside the 15 day window and I didn't get past the first page 

just for information - my last entry into Thailand was 2014 using my old passport and completed many online reports up until my new passport

Edited by smedly

15 minutes ago, Advocate said:

Have you tried since Saturday 18 April which appears to be the day the software was being changed?

Not sure I tried on the 18th since that was day my report was due.

Just tried it twice and still got the message.

It might because of my old entry. I have no record in the database the system checks. I tried my old passport number when it first became available and got the same result I have always had.

It you look back in this topic when it was first posted you will find a lot of discussion about the problem on the first 20 or so pages of it

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It might because of my old entry. I have no record in the database the system checks. I tried my old passport number when it first became available and got the same result I have always had.

It you look back in this topic when it was first posted you will find a lot of discussion about the problem on the first 20 or so pages of it

it will reject you if not inside the 15 days as I found out - see my edited reply above

anyway as confirmed mine is now working on new passport

I agree that yours could be failing because it predates 2014 - not sure why though

Edited by smedly

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are probably outside the acceptable dates now.

The information is in the database otherwise IB officials would not be able to enter your passport number and print the receipt. when you do an in-person report.

Over the years I have probably entered hundreds of attempts to the 90-day online process. Persistence pays.

You should continue trying. I believe the system records every attempt whether or not it proceeds to pending and approved and somebody in IB IT will be aware of unsuccessful attempts and may fix glitches even if it is only a manual correction to force the system to accept a particular passport.

14 minutes ago, Advocate said:

The information is in the database otherwise IB officials would not be able to enter your passport number and print the receipt. when you do an in-person report.

apparently two different systems that don't exchange data (up until now) and I suspect still don't - yes something changed recently and could be one of several things and no way to tell what exactly they did - it could be manual or the 90 day report code now looks at both systems - who knows

28 minutes ago, Advocate said:

After submitting the first page access a special database created from entries to the country to confirm the info entered on page one.

That was discussed in the topic in the early days of online reporting and the info came from immigration.

When the report is submitted to your local office they check the info they have in their local system.

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

After submitting the first page access a special database created from entries to the country to confirm the info entered on page one.

That was discussed in the topic in the early days of online reporting and the info came from immigration.

When the report is submitted to your local office they check the info they have in their local system.

Yes Joe but 100% something has changed - I got a new passport 2018 and have been unable to do online 90 day reports since then, could never get past the first page ................. until now

I have not left Thailand since 2014 and that was on my old passport

That is really all I can tell you 

were you are concerned maybe 2014 was some kind of limit as your last entry was 2013 - who knows  

9 hours ago, smedly said:

were you are concerned maybe 2014 was some kind of limit as your last entry was 2013 - who knows  

My last entry was long before 2013. Shortly after online reporting became available immigration stated entries prior to 2013 were not in the database since that was when it was created. Those that entered in 2013 and onward would have a record and could do online reporting.

• Like 1

The issue of last entry is nonsense because if that was the limitation then in-person 90-day report would not be possible.

I do not believe there are separate databases.

I further believe that IB officials have no direct knowledge of how the software works and glibly perpetuate IB false propaganda because it is less work to deny a problem than to acknowledge and fix a problem.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Advocate said:

The issue of last entry is nonsense because if that was the limitation then in-person 90-day report would not be possible.

I do not believe there are separate databases.

I further believe that IB officials have no direct knowledge of how the software works and glibly perpetuate IB false propaganda because it is less work to deny a problem than to acknowledge and fix a problem.

speculation my friend - as nobody really knows the setup - we know that it didn't work and now it does ????

The fact that Joe's entry was way before 2014 is very likely "now" the reason he cannot do online reports and nothing to do with new passport   

Time to move on with this - the message is out thanks to you, new passport holders can now do 90 day online reports without having to leave and re-enter the country 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier, but trying to do my 90 Day report online, both browser (Chrome & Edge) & Android app and cannot get past the first page in every case....get the message contact your local immigration office etc, etc.

Note that:

1. My 90 day report is due May 5th, 2020, which is within the 7-15 day requirement.

2. I re-entered Thailand at a Land Crossing on February 5th, 2020 using a re-entry permit

3. My 12 month marriage visa was extended on March 12th 2020 

4. My passport is not new and have done quite a few 90 day reports in person.

5. I have checked & accepted the T & C on the opening page.

I suspect my problem may be that I have extended my visa since arriving back in Thailand. I have also read the 1st 90 Day report must be done in person, but cannot find info if this means your first 90 day report ever, or first 90 day report after re-entering the country.

I will go and do my 90 day report at the local office, but would like to know why online 90 Day reporting is not working for me.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, dcmcp said:

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier, but trying to do my 90 Day report online, both browser (Chrome & Edge) & Android app and cannot get past the first page in every case....get the message contact your local immigration office etc, etc.

Note that:

1. My 90 day report is due May 5th, 2020, which is within the 7-15 day requirement.

2. I re-entered Thailand at a Land Crossing on February 5th, 2020 using a re-entry permit

3. My 12 month marriage visa was extended on March 12th 2020 

4. My passport is not new and have done quite a few 90 day reports in person.

5. I have checked & accepted the T & C on the opening page.

I suspect my problem may be that I have extended my visa since arriving back in Thailand. I have also read the 1st 90 Day report must be done in person, but cannot find info if this means your first 90 day report ever, or first 90 day report after re-entering the country.

I will go and do my 90 day report at the local office, but would like to know why online 90 Day reporting is not working for me.

Cheers

You are aware that 90 day reports are suspended until after July 31?  There is no need to risk COVID-19 exposure, or exposing others, with a trip to immigration.  

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware that 90 day reports are suspended until after July 31?  There is no need to risk COVID-19 exposure, or exposing others, with a trip to immigration.  

Forgot to add to my list

6. I am aware that 90 day reports are are suspended until after July 31, but it may be advantageous to get helpful advice for myself and others who are also having problems with online 90 day reporting for now and in the future. 

8 minutes ago, dcmcp said:

Forgot to add to my list

6. I am aware that 90 day reports are are suspended until after July 31, but it may be advantageous to get helpful advice for myself and others who are also having problems with online 90 day reporting for now and in the future. 

The below as your last sentence made it appear you might not know and did not want you or others to feel they had to do when it was not required.  Was not intended as a reprimand.  

38 minutes ago, dcmcp said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcmcp said:

Hi.  Neither of those can be the cause of it not working in your case.

1 - Extension of your permission to stay at a local IO does not impact 90-day reporting - these are completely separate things.

2 - The very first 90-day report needs to be done in person or by mail.  Otherwise your local IO is not able to check your subsequent on-line application with the data to which they have access.  Once you have successfully made an on-line filing, you will be able to do it again with a new TM-6 entry/departing card number which you get on re-entering Thailand.

>> Using the Chrome or Edge browser has been mentioned in some reports as the stumbling block for doing on-line 90-day reports. 

Edited by Peter Denis

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

Internet Explorer browser is still on his system if he were to look for it

Suspect many of us have replaced IE with Edge. So will not be listed on start menu and have to type it in search. 

Edited by lopburi3

When people experience problems with 90 day reporting online I recommend they contact immigration and file a complaint.

If nobody complains the  problems will never improve. IB officials are not good at reading farang minds. Put it in writing.

I suggest emailing [email protected] and copying the other two:

[email protected] 

I have previously complained about 90-day online reporting to these addresses but they have never responded. That doesn't deter me because hope springs eternal.
Edited by Advocate

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

The below as your last sentence made it appear you might not know and did not want you or others to feel they had to do when it was not required.  Was not intended as a reprimand.  

Fair enough.....no worries.

41 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi.  Neither of those can be the cause of it not working in your case.

1 - Extension of your permission to stay at a local IO does not impact 90-day reporting - these are completely separate things.

2 - The very first 90-day report needs to be done in person or by mail.  Otherwise your local IO is not able to check your subsequent on-line application with the data to which they have access.  Once you have successfully made an on-line filing, you will be able to do it again with a new TM-6 entry/departing card number which you get on re-entering Thailand.

>> Using the Chrome or Edge browser has been mentioned in some reports as the stumbling block for doing on-line 90-day reports. 

Thanks Peter. Its all a bit baffling why it doesn't work for me. 

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect many of us have replaced IE with Edge. So will not be listed on start menu and have to type it in search. 

I use Edge (latest version) but I also use IE and Chrome depending on what I am doing - they are useful for different things

IE is still there 

2 hours ago, dcmcp said:

Tried that one too...same problem

use the pull down menus for all available and make sure you are entering the info asked for 

last entry date is the last time you entered Thailand

permission until is the date your extension expires (date for renewal) get any of these wrong and it will be rejected 

On 4/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, roberta said:

I moved to a new province (Prachuap Khiri Khan) this year.  I have already done one 90 day report here, in person.  I also have extended my stay recently at immigration.  I previously reported in Bangkok online and it always worked.
I just tried to make a new report (I am in the 15 day window for the next one) and got past the first page and filled out my address (same as already reported), click the final "accept" button - and the screen just went blank.  I checked status and there is not record of it there.
I just tried again from scratch, and now when I submit the first page I just get a blank screen.
Is it broken now?

The system behaved like that on Saturday 18 April but eventually accepted submissions. I tried many times. Keep trying.

10 hours ago, Advocate said:

The system behaved like that on Saturday 18 April but eventually accepted submissions. I tried many times. Keep trying.

I recall a report of a TVF member who had same problem and said that he did overcome it by  refreshing the page (the F5 button on your PC) when it turned blank.  Worth a try...

33 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I recall a report of a TVF member who had same problem and said that he did overcome it by  refreshing the page (the F5 button on your PC) when it turned blank.  Worth a try...

No difference between F5 and this at the top of your browser page. image.png.1e89b111e4309115dac672b51923014f.png

When I get the blank page and do a refresh it takes me back to the main page. If I use the back arrow image.png.903eec008338490f5041d43555822145.pngit takes me to the completed page 1 so I can enter a new captcha and click submit again.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No difference between F5 and this at the top of your browser page. image.png.1e89b111e4309115dac672b51923014f.png

When I get the blank page and do a refresh it takes me back to the main page. If I use the back arrow image.png.903eec008338490f5041d43555822145.pngit takes me to the completed page 1 so I can enter a new captcha and click submit again.

sounds more like a PC problem or browser settings or some 3rd party anti malware or anti virus for which there is no need on W10

1 hour ago, smedly said:

sounds more like a PC problem or browser settings or some 3rd party anti malware or anti virus for which there is no need on W10

Nothing like that. Not sure why the popup is not showing sometimes. I am using the IE tab extension on Chrome. Installed it 5 years ago when Chrome was not working on the site. 

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why the popup is not showing sometimes

scripts disabled - privacy/security settings to high, site notifications turned off etc etc I can PM you all my settings on IE if you like

I wish I had tried Edge just see if it worked