Blacklisting

Hi All,

I've overstayed by 10 months and I'm leaving to go to Cambodia. I understand that I will definitely have to pay 20,000 baht overstay fine, and under current laws I will probably get banned for 1 year if I turn myself in.

What I'd like to know is if this law is being enforced at all borders, and which one gives me the best chance of not getting banned. I plan to return to start a business here.

Thanks

As stated the 1 year ban never went into effect. Those changes are still waiting to be approved and implemented.

As advised by the most knowledgeable person on Thai Visa about visas Mr. Ubonjoe it's best to fly out, less chance of getting caught on overstay.

You can fly to Cambodia and return the same day if you want.

I'm not trying to scare you but if you are caught by immigration prior to leaving Thailand

you will be detained in immigration detention until you can pay the 20,000B and have a plane ticket out of Thailand. If i were you i would leave ASAP, also prior to your return I would get a tourist visa and have 10,000B cash on hand when returning. If possible get a Non-B visa if you already did all the paper work for opening a company.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As stated the 1 year ban never went into effect. Those changes are still waiting to be approved and implemented.

As advised by the most knowledgeable person on Thai Visa about visas Mr. Ubonjoe it's best to fly out, less chance of getting caught on overstay.

You can fly to Cambodia and return the same day if you want.

I'm not trying to scare you but if you are caught by immigration prior to leaving Thailand

you will be detained in immigration detention until you can pay the 20,000B and have a plane ticket out of Thailand. If i were you i would leave ASAP, also prior to your return I would get a tourist visa and have 10,000B cash on hand when returning. If possible get a Non-B visa if you already did all the paper work for opening a company.

Good luck!!

Correction !

If caught by immigration, military or the police the OP will enjoy the consequences of his actions !

I was just at Bangkok Immigration and they had a huge sign, stating the severe overstay penalties, blacklisting times etc.

Now, people here are saying these rules are not in effect?

Saw the same sign at the BKK One Stop when I went in for my annual WP renewal.

Whether the new rules have been adopted or not, I can't imagine an Immigration Official staring at that sign 8 hours a day, 5 days a week wouldn't be "influenced" in their decision.

Good luck.

A good businessman takes care of all the little details too.

Little details like not overstaying and breaking the laws.

Was it worth it?

20,000 and a one year ban...

Hope you had a good 10 months!

Chike dee!

How about the little details you seem to miss. :whistling:

Why are people so intent on putting down over stayers?

There was no reason given for his over stay ... could have been health concerns or one of many reasons

Not everyone is perfect like willyunii but the constant bashing is a pointless useless waste of time and effort

and produces nothing valid and gives no use full information to the OP

It might be to do with the fact that when the authorities decide to clamp-down on, long/serial -overstayers, people working on tourist visas, and whatever else. the new rules and regulations could impact on those of us here, who have spent many years (or decades), going to a lot of time, trouble & expense, to stay within the rules.wai2.gif

There was no reason given for his over stay ... could have been health concerns or one of many reasons

Not everyone is perfect like willyunii but the constant bashing is a pointless useless waste of time and effort

Well mate a lot of us maynot be perfect,but we cover our arse,which all good businessmen should do.There is no reason that can't be covered in overstaying.It is just slackness.

"Why are people so intent on putting down over stayers?"

Because quite often the people who abuse the system end up causing grief for others, as has been the case with the abuse of visa exempt entries or misuse of education visas or disregard for "must leave by dates" leading to possibly more onerous consequences for anyone else who overstays for even a short time.

Why are some people so intent on creating imaginary excuses for people who can't comply with fairly simple rules? Extensions are available for people who can't travel for legitimate medical reasons.

I agree abuse of the system creates problems for others. Having said that, however, the system itself is subject to wildly different interpretations by officialdom.

I had extensive dental work done, which ran into overtime on my visa. Even with a letter from RAM Hospital in Chiang Mai, no amount of pleading could get me an extension - basically, I had to be in a wheelchair or photographed in a hospital bed to be successful.

"Why are people so intent on putting down over stayers?"

Because quite often the people who abuse the system end up causing grief for others, as has been the case with the abuse of visa exempt entries or misuse of education visas or disregard for "must leave by dates" leading to possibly more onerous consequences for anyone else who overstays for even a short time.

Why are some people so intent on creating imaginary excuses for people who can't comply with fairly simple rules? Extensions are available for people who can't travel for legitimate medical reasons.

I agree abuse of the system creates problems for others. Having said that, however, the system itself is subject to wildly different interpretations by officialdom.

I had extensive dental work done, which ran into overtime on my visa. Even with a letter from RAM Hospital in Chiang Mai, no amount of pleading could get me an extension - basically, I had to be in a wheelchair or photographed in a hospital bed to be successful.

Fair enough.

• Like 2

I was just at Bangkok Immigration and they had a huge sign, stating the severe overstay penalties, blacklisting times etc.

Now, people here are saying these rules are not in effect?

attachicon.gifoverstay v.jpg attachicon.gifoverstay a.jpg

I think some people have come to believe that an "Overstay" is just another type of visa.

"What kind of visa do you have? Non B?, Non O? ED?"

"No, I am here on a Overstay Visa!"

" It only cost me 20,000 Baht!"clap2.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

I don't care for your posting style. I do appreciate UbonJoe trying to help the guy.

Cheers

Its called self-righteousness. Its never appealing.

Many posters here leap to the condemnation road too quickly, when constructive comment is needed. Agree with the positive comments from UbonJoe

• Like 2

whistling.gif As ubonjoe said that law has not been officially been made legal yet.

Try to go out by air, pay the max fine of 20,000 Baht.

Do not go out by a land border, you may be stopped in a check before you leave..... and that could put you in IDC.

That is not a nice place to be.....it's possible they ill take your money in the IDC.

Pay the extra money if you can to by a air ticket out of Thailand to avoid being caught and detained in the IDC.

• Like 2

Hi All,

I've overstayed by 10 months and I'm leaving to go to Cambodia. I understand that I will definitely have to pay 20,000 baht overstay fine, and under current laws I will probably get banned for 1 year if I turn myself in.

What I'd like to know is if this law is being enforced at all borders, and which one gives me the best chance of not getting banned. I plan to return to start a business here.

Thanks

Why don't you use the service of Mr.Claudio so his people can assist you at the Laos border.Just make sure your passport is 6 months valid and you have the 20k.The immigration police will interview you for a bit,just be polite and it will be ok.

whistling.gif As ubonjoe said that law has not been officially been made legal yet.

Try to go out by air, pay the max fine of 20,000 Baht.

Do not go out by a land border, you may be stopped in a check before you leave..... and that could put you in IDC.

That is not a nice place to be.....it's possible they ill take your money in the IDC.

Pay the extra money if you can to by a air ticket out of Thailand to avoid being caught and detained in the IDC.

The few times that I have overstayed (usually for a few days), I was issued with a charge-sheet when I handed over the money. Overstaying has been illegal for a very long time!

• Like 1

How did you manage to overstay by such a long period? A couple of days I can understand but 10 month!!!!! You must have known. They should ban you from re-entering. If you flaunt the laws you should not expect things to go in your favour. If someone came to your country and overstayed you would probably be shouting for deportation and a life ban. Why should you act like this and think it is ok?

• Like 2