Behold! Mercedes Benz Pick up truck incoming

Appears to not have a steering wheel in the pic, so could be left hand or right hand drive -

Considering that it's aimed at markets that drive on both the left and right that's obvious. Also appears not to have a right off-side wheel in the picture so could be a 3-wheeler.

• Like 1

Appears to not have a steering wheel in the pic, so could be left hand or right hand drive - but it is one cool looking vehicle -

And it has no doors.

So beam me in Scotty.

The doors are the 2 panels you can see between the front wing and the bed of the vehicle, they will probably open to allow access to the interior, that's the way doors usually work.

Unlikely we'll see this in TH, because:

1) The brand damage would undo decades of brand positioning.

2) We don't have contractors making triple-dollar-digits per hour - the only people that could both afford and want it probably don't want to draw that much attention to their "mules".

"Unlikely we'll see this in TH, because:"

..as the OP link says, it's not being produced for Thailand,

Yep, but AU is mentioned, so there's a possibility they might be assembled in TH for cheaper export to there - especially considering the the 'donor platform' is the Nissan Navara NP300 ;)

Edited by IMHO

What's next? Som Tam cart by MB? or maybe a baby pram by MB ? there no end

to exploiting the consumer pockets, even at the cost of one's product pride and exclusivity....

What's next? Som Tam cart by MB? or maybe a baby pram by MB ?.....A MB motorcycle.

What's next? Som Tam cart by MB? or maybe a baby pram by MB ? there no end

to exploiting the consumer pockets, even at the cost of one's product pride and exclusivity....

What's next? Som Tam cart by MB? or maybe a baby pram by MB ?.....A MB motorcycle.

That's old news :)

http://pursuitist.com/the-riding-car-worlds-first-motorcycle-by-mercedes-benz/

:P

As IMHO said " 'donor platform' is the Nissan Navara NP300"

so guess that answer is Yes

Uh oh, does this mean that BKKJames is now going to go around saying he drives a Benz with a Nissan badge? tongue.png

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Saw this on Jalopnik yesterday. I LOLled. I think there will be a market for it here. All the rich guys who have a Vigo, will want this.

Might actually take some market share from well to do Vigo owners. If MB TH assemble here or import it, might go for 2.5mill.

It sure will put all the Thai-Chinese HiSo Big hair women's noses in a twist. tongue.png

Saw this on Jalopnik yesterday. I LOLled. I think there will be a market for it here. All the rich guys who have a Vigo, will want this.

Might actually take some market share from well to do Vigo owners. If MB TH assemble here or import it, might go for 2.5mill.

It sure will put all the Thai-Chinese HiSo Big hair women's noses in a twist. tongue.png

I'm not so sure - the VW Amarok has been on sale for almost 1.5 years in TH. Sales are so small they don't even report them.... If there was a market for 2M Baht pickups, you'd think the Amarok would have picked up at least a few buyers?

so guess that answer is Yes

Uh oh, does this mean that BKKJames is now going to go around saying he drives a Benz with a Nissan badge? tongue.png

its the only way I could afford a Merc.

I am worried about motorbikes scratching my truck now. Can you imagine being in traffic in Bkk with one of these mercs and some bike comes by and scratches the shit out of it at a light.

On the upside, at least the security will wai me now if I put a merc badge on it.

• Like 1

The " VW Amarok" is far to expensive for a PU. If they had an extra cab at a near Japanese brand price I would put it on the consider list when we are looking next year but as it stands I would not even bother walking into their showroom to look.

MB wouldn't be on my list either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not so sure - the VW Amarok has been on sale for almost 1.5 years in TH. Sales are so small they don't even report them.... If there was a market for 2M Baht pickups, you'd think the Amarok would have picked up at least a few buyers?

The Amarok was buttugly and overpriced. The MB PU will be overpriced as well, but it is an MB.

Unlikely we'll see this in TH, because:

1) The brand damage would undo decades of brand positioning.

2) We don't have contractors making triple-dollar-digits per hour - the only people that could both afford and want it probably don't want to draw that much attention to their "mules".

"Unlikely we'll see this in TH, because:"

..as the OP link says, it's not being produced for Thailand,

Yep, but AU is mentioned, so there's a possibility they might be assembled in TH for cheaper export to there - especially considering the the 'donor platform' is the Nissan Navara NP300 wink.png

It's not being made here - production will be in Spain.

Begs the question - is it a MB ?

Put a saddle on a pig and it ain't a horse.

if it was a ranger - your description would fit but because it's a navara - stallion is more appropriate - (no offence to current or past mustang owners, including myself) :)

• Like 1