Wife changed when she got back to the village

James436

I sympathize with you mate , I had a similar situation 11 years ago with my wife and kids , funnily enough I lived in Kmpahwapi , Udon Thani.

We were in UK for a year 2001 and then I got a job in Taiwan and I moved the family back to Udon, I came back to Udon from Taiwan every 6 weeks or so. First thing I noticed about her father was he didn't work and was a right ponce. I used to have local piss heads who had been drinking with my wife come and ask me for money They didn't give a shit about the kids school even just nursery I paid for and the missus couldn't be arsed to take them

I was earning very good money Tax free in Taiwan and like a div I gave her a full access to my account, I was naive enough then to expect her to act like a European Woman and do the best for the family . Anyway it turns out she was a compulsive gambler and did 60K English of the money in the bank, She was also leaving the kids with people I didnt know and paying them to look after them while she was out playing cards and who knows what else. I came home from Taiwan in 2005, I'd already took the card off of her but she nicked it out of my draw and drew out 5k English. I warned her it was the last time , she sort of smirked , she knew I loved my children and thought she had me by the nuts , So what I did is I took both my children 3 and 4 at the time and went to live with some English friends in Pattaya and I or my children have never seen her to this day. When I first left she just kept calling me about money , she basically wanted me to "Buy" my kids. I was awarded full Sole custody of them 5 years ago.She was such a crap absent Mother my kids never once asked for her .Best thing I ever did in my life

What I found with my missus that when we went back to her small , poverty stricken village , She was now the big I am with her family and villagers , she didn't want to do any house work or take care of the kids she'd pay people to go to the shop for her ,she was a rich woman who'd made it big and could gamble without restraint

I hope it blows over mate its really a crap situation and totally unreasonable behavior. I find Thais can be quite vindictive and don't mind sticking the boot in when you are down. I don't know your full circumstances mate , otherwise I'd say keep the boy with you, if she wants to communicate and I'd say that she would,, Show her you looking after your son on your own has not rattled or bothered you.

These people are Thai but first and foremost they are Isaan! It's a different world and culture up there...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I sympathize with you mate , I had a similar situation 11 years ago with my wife and kids , funnily enough I lived in Kmpahwapi , Udon Thani.

We were in UK for a year 2001 and then I got a job in Taiwan and I moved the family back to Udon, I came back to Udon from Taiwan every 6 weeks or so. First thing I noticed about her father was he didn't work and was a right ponce. I used to have local piss heads who had been drinking with my wife come and ask me for money They didn't give a shit about the kids school even just nursery I paid for and the missus couldn't be arsed to take them

I was earning very good money Tax free in Taiwan and like a div I gave her a full access to my account, I was naive enough then to expect her to act like a European Woman and do the best for the family . Anyway it turns out she was a compulsive gambler and did 60K English of the money in the bank, She was also leaving the kids with people I didnt know and paying them to look after them while she was out playing cards and who knows what else. I came home from Taiwan in 2005, I'd already took the card off of her but she nicked it out of my draw and drew out 5k English. I warned her it was the last time , she sort of smirked , she knew I loved my children and thought she had me by the nuts , So what I did is I took both my children 3 and 4 at the time and went to live with some English friends in Pattaya and I or my children have never seen her to this day. When I first left she just kept calling me about money , she basically wanted me to "Buy" my kids. I was awarded full Sole custody of them 5 years ago.She was such a crap absent Mother my kids never once asked for her .Best thing I ever did in my life

What I found with my missus that when we went back to her small , poverty stricken village , She was now the big I am with her family and villagers , she didn't want to do any house work or take care of the kids she'd pay people to go to the shop for her ,she was a rich woman who'd made it big and could gamble without restraint

I hope it blows over mate its really a crap situation and totally unreasonable behavior. I find Thais can be quite vindictive and don't mind sticking the boot in when you are down. I don't know your full circumstances mate , otherwise I'd say keep the boy with you, if she wants to communicate and I'd say that she would,, Show her you looking after your son on your own has not rattled or bothered you.

You did it the right way...

I used to get attacks of guilt for taking the kids away from the Mother, which normally would be the worst thing a man can do to his wife , but she really didn't give a shit thankfully my kids are 13 and 14 now and are happy and well looked after. I was lucky enough to meet a woman a year after I left my wife , who I think fell in love with my kids rather than me , She has no kids of her own but is the best person I have ever seen with kids. My 2 call her Mere. The only message I ever hot from the Ex was from a her brief in 2008, He told me she had been arrested in Phuket for selling Ye bah and could I send her the some Money for bail, That is how much of a wrong un she was and if I'd left my kids with her when I left , God knows what would have happened to them

Respect for the way you have rescued the situation.You should be proud of yourself!...However, one has to ask the question..How did you end up with such a woman??? If you marry a woman 20 years younger than you, that you picked up in Pattaya etc its pretty obvious what's gonna happen!!

people here really think a 65 year old running away to the UK with a 3 year old is a long term solution?

you realize that this is illegal and kidnapping, correct?

OP made his bed and now has to sleep in it. The village might not be ideal but the boy will not starve to death.

If OP cares for his son he needs to work hard to get back into the graces of his wife.

I am sure we are not getting the full story.

I am sure the story is not this one-sided.

I am sure OP is not a saint.

Perhaps self reflection would be helpful.

Unless there is court order via divorce or separation. He is the father and has every right to take his son where he wants even to the U.K,

Actually no! If the child is a Thai citizen permission is required from Mom is required before leaving the country.If the childs looks Thai in any way questions will be asked in immigration.Especially as Dad is in his sixties and travelling with a three year old. Worst case scenario is that he is refused permission to leave the country...

I think there was no "perfect" result to this problem ,

leaving the boy with a mom who does not care would be wrong ,

taking the boy to the UK with no family is also wrong ,

If it was my kid and I was the fathers age I would have found a solution that left the boy at a good home in Thailand and enough money to help that family have a better life raising his son......and their own kids ,

I hope all works out......

• Like 1

Some constructive advice needed.

Having arrived here from the UK with my Thai wife for a 40-day holiday mainly for the family to see the little lad now he has grown up.

However things started o go odd with the wife first off she walked out the second day due to me complaining about a photo her friends put up of Facebook without asking me, she took a taxi to Morchit Bus Station BKK and said she wasn’t coming back.

We have been married 3 years and been together some 5 years now.

Spent a small fortune on a coffee shop that failed, moved all the stuff we had bought for the coffee shop and our home, to her family house in the village, including my Honda Steed.

Two years later we are back from the UK having spent another fortune getting her a UK visa to find the bike is a state and all the Coffee shop contents used including the Air Conditioners. The rest my wife sold to her extended family at a give away price.

My problem now is my wife wants to have the responsibility of looking after our 3 year old to the family, while she eats papaya Salad and chats, while my son is running native all over the village.

I am not happy and say so she sees this as a slight against her, as normal and refuses to see the problem, further to this there is nothing to eat for us I cant eat beetles bugs and so on and the family don’t eat bought food it all comes from the forest. My son eats egg and rice every day and I have to go to the next village to get food, and this irritates my wife.

Cut a long story short after 3 weeks in the village with nothing to do but try to stop being conned into fixing the Papas car or spending money I told the wife I was board and that we should go away a few das as they had some festival in the village with full speakers from dawn to dusk.

She flew into a rage and said I did never want to be here and I don’t like the family and the rest.

She then said she would kill me and that she had the support of the family to do so.

Threw all my stuff in a bag and told me to leave and take him with you meaning my son. I really had no choice but to drive the bike from Nakhon Phnon to Udon in the heat of the day. I am now at a resort in Udon writing this with my 3 year old son asking where his Mom is.

I am in shock, I am 65, and to have got into this situation with a small son I just don’t know how this could of happened. What goes with this mentality?

The wife called a few moments ago to say she would let me have the rest of my clothes and suitcase if I let her take my son to stay here in Thailand and I go back to the UK alone. That is NOT an option to see the life he would have he is just a mascot for them to show a white boy with fair hair in the village.

I am at a resort in Udon Thani at the moment I have to sell or store my bike and leave for the UK ASAP. anyone know where i could store a Honda Steed?

Being confused and shocked, what are my options try to fix with the wife as she is adamant she wants to live with her family not me, and also having spent a small fortune with the coffee shop and visa for the UK she keeps talking about me building a house near her family. That has also been the cause of some problems.

Dump the bike or sell it cheap

Take the son asap and leave thailand before is not too late. If they get hold of ur son u might not see him again!

Actually no! If the child is a Thai citizen permission is required from Mom is required before leaving the country.If the childs looks Thai in any way questions will be asked in immigration.Especially as Dad is in his sixties and travelling with a three year old. Worst case scenario is that he is refused permission to leave the country...

Nobody at the airport has ever asked me for anything apart from passport (Thai and British) and ticket for my boy (3 years old now).

I am in my 60s, It's always just me and him as mum can't get a VISA to the UK.

Same experiences for two of my male pals (both travelling to UK), one with a 6 year old daughter.

Please stop repeating nonsense.

Do you know anyone actually refused? no you don't!

Ever seen a post on this forum, where a child was refused exit? no you haven't.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 2

Nobody at the airport has ever asked me for anything apart from passport (Thai and British) and ticket for my boy (3 years old now).

Same experiences for two of my male pals (both travelling to UK), one with a 6 year old daughter.

I have travelled numerous times between UK and Thailand with my daughter since she was <2 and I have never - I repeat NEVER - been allowed to exit Thailand without providing extensive documentation that shows exactly who I am and my relationship to the child. Because the birth certificate is in Thai it doesn't matter if she entered on one of her non-Thai passports; they want to see proof that the mother allows her to leave the country.

In addition, I have never - I repeat NEVER - been allowed to enter UK without providing extensive documentation that shows exactly who I am and my relationship to the child. Because the birth certificate is in Thai it created a serious problem the first couple of times but I am since carrying certified translations of the birth certificate and related documents and I am now able to clear immigration without spending 1 hour arguing with immigration officers.

The authorities doesn't do this to be mean, it is an attempt to stop child trafficking. Simply put: unless you are able to show documentation that proves your relationship with the child and your parental rights (OR documentation that proves parental consent) you are not allowed - I repeat NOT allowed - to remove the child from the country. Obviously you can get lucky and sneak through, but if they decide to check your documentation... This is in accordance with a treaty - Hague Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction - which has been signed by both Thailand and Great Britain.

http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=text.display&tid=21

The trigger point in my case appears to be the fact that my child doesn't have my surname. And I am not even close being in the sixties...

Read this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/536289-travelling-with-thai-born-child/

in particular post #16 where I wrote the following:

Very bizarre experience the other day at Heathrow; About to board the plane with my daughter when I was approached by four (4!) heavily armed (machine guns and bullet proof vests) policemen who first asked me for my name name and following my answer told me to step aside. You can imagine the embarrassment when every single person queuing up to board watched how an apparent and dangerous villain was apprehended. I was brought 100 yards from the gate to a secluded area and there asked "Mr.******", do you have any idea why we are interested in you?". "None what so ever", I answered.

I was told that BA staff had alerted the police of the difference in surnames a couple of days earlier when I bought the tickets. A COUPLE OF DAYS!!! "You are traveling alone with a child who is not yours, yes?" It took the police just under 30 minutes to verify the documentation and allow me to board the plane.

BA and/or the police had 3 days to verify the identity of my daughter, but they choose to wait until I am about to board the plane and "arrest" me in front of all passengers.

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 2

Why tell us what age you are not?

What is your approximate age?

Because someone suggested that age could be a factor: "Especially as Dad is in his sixties". I don't think age has anything to do with it - you need documentation regardless of age.

I'm in the mid 40's.

Edited by Forethat

I have travelled numerous times between UK and Thailand with my daughter since she was <2 and I have never - I repeat NEVER - been allowed to exit Thailand without providing extensive documentation that shows exactly who I am and my relationship to the child. Because the birth certificate is in Thai it doesn't matter if she entered on one of her non-Thai passports; they want to see proof that the mother allows her to leave the country.

In addition, I have never - I repeat NEVER - been allowed to enter UK without providing extensive documentation that shows exactly who I am and my relationship to the child. Because the birth certificate is in Thai it created a serious problem the first couple of times but I am since carrying certified translations of the birth certificate and related documents and I am now able to clear immigration without spending 1 hour arguing with immigration officers.

The authorities doesn't do this to be mean, it is an attempt to stop child trafficking. Simply put: unless you are able to show documentation that proves your relationship with the child and your parental rights (OR documentation that proves parental consent) you are not allowed - I repeat NOT allowed - to remove the child from the country. Obviously you can get lucky and sneak through, but if they decide to check your documentation... This is in accordance with a treaty - Hague Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction - which has been signed by both Thailand and Great Britain.

The trigger point in my case appears to be the fact that my child doesn't have my surname. And I am not even close being in the sixties...

Read this thread:

Very bizarre experience the other day at Heathrow; About to board the plane with my daughter when I was approached by four (4!) heavily armed (machine guns and bullet proof vests) policemen who first asked me for my name name and following my answer told me to step aside. You can imagine the embarrassment when every single person queuing up to board watched how an apparent and dangerous villain was apprehended. I was brought 100 yards from the gate to a secluded area and there asked "Mr.******", do you have any idea why we are interested in you?". "None what so ever", I answered.

I was told that BA staff had alerted the police of the difference in surnames a couple of days earlier when I bought the tickets. A COUPLE OF DAYS!!! "You are traveling alone with a child who is not yours, yes?" It took the police just under 30 minutes to verify the documentation and allow me to board the plane.

BA and/or the police had 3 days to verify the identity of my daughter, but they choose to wait until I am about to board the plane and "arrest" me in front of all passengers.

Drive to laos then.

• 2 weeks later...

Read this thread:

Drive to laos then.

I don't need to drive to Laos as I am carrying all documentation required.

If, on the other hand, exiting Thailand with a child without the required documentation is what you seek, I am pretty confident I am one of the few individuals with both experience and knowledge in this area - but that's a completely different discussion I'm not prepared to get into here.

So you know your problem, it doesn't apply to us or the OP.

Strange post.

I have posted on here with a realist response before. Trust me take it from me, if a Thai Bird wants to kill you then take it serious not half arsed.... My friend in the UK got together with a thai girl for 5 years, after 3 years they had a baby and you know what the Thai girl said to me personally? she wants to live her life in the UK and is trying to convince my best mate that giving her new born back to her family in Thailand is what she wants to do so she can have a better quality of life over here. I'm not saying that all Thai people are like this But try and use your head on this one.... To this day the baby boy still lives in the UK under poor circumstances as they have split up now but sometimes Thais don't give a &lt;deleted&gt;. Death threat, get your kid and leave that woman and get the hell out of Thailand. Embassy will help if the child was born in the UK whilst taking your circumstances into consideration

Edited by Ayutthaya11

He won't learn

There is a Thai girl here married to an acquaintance who just had a child, in the USA, and never told her family in Thailand she was pregnant and he is planning on taking them all to Thailand when the baby is fit to travel

Red flags everywhere but he has the Thai fever

She threatened to kill you. Leave now.

This! And she said she has her family's permission. The scariest thing about this is it's likely true. Take your son back to the UK where he will grow up clean, fed properly, and not be a character out of The Jungle Book.

My friend in the UK got together with a thai girl for 5 years, after 3 years they had a baby...

To this day the baby boy still lives in the UK under poor circumstances as they have split up ...

Why does your "friend" leave his child living in poor circumstances?

Store your Honda Steed? Your problems are much deeper than thinking about a damn bike now. How many foreigners did she have before you?

Forget the evil witch, you never had a relationship with her,other than paying her good money.

If you understand that, you're good to move on. Best of luck, please don't be so naive.

I'm afraid that you've lost the battle already when you first paid for her.

Get the hell out of your hell now.....

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1