What is your favorite motor scooter - and why? (Click)

SkyRider

Sometimes these forums do provide help to others thanks again to Paz, cheers!

No problem, enjoy the practicality of your new Click and the freedom that it brings. I never had a better scooter myself.

Edited by paz

• 3 months later...

The SH150i is around 95,000bt. Not bad considering the premium components and farang ergonomics.

Cost of ownership will be about the same as a cheaper bike since you recover the premium on resale.

Now the new Vespa 946. That's a pricy little unit. But very sweet.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes they look nice. Too bad they don’t have a foot brake any more. Can’t stand duel hand brakes and no gears..

I like the Scoopy the best, it's tiny, lasts forever, cheap. Much prefer it over a Click.

Did the Scoopy ever come with a 125 cc engine?

No I think it's 115cc and it's a piece of crap, budget scooter big time, sadly in this world you get for what you paid it for.

Wife has one, I fell like an elefant on it, very small and you can just fell its cheap and nasty.

PCX for me thanks.

Best is relative to ones needs and budget.

Clicks are value for money, but hardly the best.

PCX is a great ride, Forza even better.

If budget can be stretched, most certainly go for PCX or Forza, but if its just a run around on a budget, Click would do just fine

Just don't get a Fino unless you have deep pockets. Very heavy on fuel.

Get the Click with alloy wheels and I cant stress this enough. With spoked wheels you will have constant punctures. The Yamaha Nouvo SX is a better bike IMO but each to their own.

Don't listen to the others here, if you ride with safety in mind then Thailand is one of the safest places to ride a bike, as every driver is constantly looking out for them, unlike western countries. I've been here many many years riding every day and I'm still alive.

I am more concerned with the state of the roads, the hard shoulders can be bad, but the first lanes are always getting rutted and potholed due to overloaded trucks.

I have to use the hard shoulder a lot because of this, and I'm riding a Forza.

No, according to the aphonda website its actually 108 cc for the 2015 model. And I guess it has been the same on previous models also?

But I know one guy, and he claims that he have bought 2 Scoopys a few years ago with the 125 cc engine. So I'm looking for some hard facts to convince him that he is wrong. wink.png

• Like 1

I bought two Honda Clicks in 2007 and both of them are still going well.

Had the belts, brake pads and automatic clutch "rollers" changed on one about six months ago which only cost about 3000 baht along with the service, so overall am extremely happy with the bikes. I get them checked about every three months so that the oil can be changed and everything else checked and that only costs about 200 or 300 baht as I recall

If I was going to change I would look at the Honda Click 125 (Helmet in) with the alloy wheels.

A friend who has a motorbike rental business really does stand by the Honda Click for its reliability and resale value.

The Fino resale value is dreadful.

• Like 1

Get the Click with alloy wheels and I cant stress this enough. With spoked wheels you will have constant punctures. The Yamaha Nouvo SX is a better bike IMO but each to their own.

Don't listen to the others here, if you ride with safety in mind then Thailand is one of the safest places to ride a bike, as every driver is constantly looking out for them, unlike western countries. I've been here many many years riding every day and I'm still alive.

I am more concerned with the state of the roads, the hard shoulders can be bad, but the first lanes are always getting rutted and potholed due to overloaded trucks.

I have to use the hard shoulder a lot because of this, and I'm riding a Forza.

Yeah there are a few potholes out there.

post-64939-0-29396700-1436439836_thumb.j

• Like 2

No, according to the aphonda website its actually 108 cc for the 2015 model. And I guess it has been the same on previous models also?

But I know one guy, and he claims that he have bought 2 Scoopys a few years ago with the 125 cc engine. So I'm looking for some hard facts to convince him that he is wrong. wink.png

It looks like your are right, I just checked my copy of the green book from it; year 2012 and 108cc.

I think your friends claims sucks.

• Like 1

Had a PCX for a while but found it a little under powered and light. I recently bought a Forza it has just the right power to feel safe and ABS With the large Givi Monokey I have fitted it has almost 100 liters of storage. I feel safer having a good bit more power than most other scooters as I can choose where I position myself in relation to them. Though it is bigger than the PCX it is only a whisker wider overall, so filtering is still fine. I don't find Bangkok so unsafe to ride. At least you can never be lulled into a false sense of security and expect (and get) the worst all the time. So long as you know this and never let down your concentration ( and don't drink) it can be fine.

Always a helmet and good strong gloves, after your head, your hands will be next to suffer major damage, even in a minor tumble.

I use my PCX150 for only downtown Pattaya riding, don't fell safe at all on it out on the highways, being overtaken by lorries and big buses, no thanks man.

It's a very good city hopper, with good storage under the seat.

I ride a Versys 650 out on the highways, ample spare power and very good ABS brakes, fun to ride.

It looks like your are right, I just checked my copy of the green book from it; year 2012 and 108cc.

I think your friends claims sucks.

Yeah, I got him to check the green book yesterday and off course it was 108 cc biggrin.png Apparently his wife told him it was 125 cc rolleyes.gif LOL

• Like 1

Wrong.

The latest model 2013/14 --> until today has the new 115cc Diasil engine with fuel injection.

Powerful and also efficient on fuel, much better bike than the Scoopy with its "dinosaur engine". (We have/had both, so I can compare)

Any opinions on Wave 110i AT ?

Only second hand, no more new.

Good and solid, never had any issues, but lethargic as hell.

Also almost no under seat storage, you will need a top case

If you are over 180 cm tall, I would suggest to buy a bike, where you can swap the handle bar for a higher one.

Wrong.

The latest model 2013/14 --> until today has the new 115cc Diasil engine with fuel injection.

Powerful and also efficient on fuel, much better bike than the Scoopy with its "dinosaur engine". (We have/had both, so I can compare)

Any opinions on Wave 110i AT ?

Only second hand, no more new.

Good and solid, never had any issues, but lethargic as hell.

Also almost no under seat storage, you will need a top case

If you are over 180 cm tall, I would suggest to buy a bike, where you can swap the handle bar for a higher one.

This was three years ago, a mate bought one for his daughter, same problem, maybe Yamaha realised this and now has fuel injection.

Also resale value plummeted. I still think best to stay with Honda.

My experience with scooters so far from rentals the Auto's seems OK but, I do not like the ones with my feet flat on the plastic.

Like the body position with feet on pegs. I like the Honda Wave and Dream 125 best, not sure the difference. Website does not say much either.

Obviously I want fuel injection, heard the alloy wheels are better than spoked for flat protection but makes no sense to me from a physics standpoint.

I have had two flats on Honda rentals with spoked wheels, one in town and I was away in minutes, another in the country. I drove slowly on a flat rim for ages until I found a bike shop.

Confessed to the rental shop and told him I would pay for any damage. He said wheel was fine "mai pen rai".

Suzuki 110 in new condition seemed like a junky alternative to the Honda's in terms of quality. I drive Honda motorcars as well.

By the way I saw 6 scoopi's in a row outside of 7-11 last week. Must be popular for some reason.

Edited by arunsakda

By the way I saw 6 scoopi's in a row outside of 7-11 last week. Must be popular for some reason.

Yes very popular here, because they are cheap and suitable for small people.

Same with Viros and City, bottom of the totem pole cars and they sell in huge numbers.

What are the important differences between Dream and Wave?

The Wave is more "modern" style with disk brakes, motor 110 or 125 cc

The Dream is more "vintage" style (CUB original style) with drums brake, motor is 110 cc, more cheaper !

The Dream is more comfortable, this is my favorite motorcycle for to travel in Asia

Edited by pbas400