What is your favorite motor scooter - and why? (Click)

SkyRider

Having moved here, in Thailand, 2 years ago I bought 3 Yamaha Fino. Never had any problems. And sometimes I ride about 300 km in day(but not very often). Honda Click- good choice for Bangkok. But riding it in hills/mountains is not very funny if you are big guy. I'm 95kg+45kg of my wife..And with 115cc my Fino is able to make only 50 km/h when we climbing.Think about changing it for PCX. Can't buy something more powerful because of my wife hating my style of riding."You drive like a crazy farangs and muslims in Pattaya!" .

If you've got a regular passenger OR you're a big guy...PCX. With the LED lights, it's a safer vehicle. Clicks are fast and a fun bike, but the PCX is a luxurious bike and a bargain here in Thailand.

I've got a video review on YouTube from here in Phuket. It's got like 100,000 views. I would have put some effort into it if I knew people were going to see it.

https://youtu.be/fqXk1rpQpS4

• Like 1

Having moved here, in Thailand, 2 years ago I bought 3 Yamaha Fino. Never had any problems. And sometimes I ride about 300 km in day(but not very often). Honda Click- good choice for Bangkok. But riding it in hills/mountains is not very funny if you are big guy. I'm 95kg+45kg of my wife..And with 115cc my Fino is able to make only 50 km/h when we climbing.Think about changing it for PCX. Can't buy something more powerful because of my wife hating my style of riding."You drive like a crazy farangs and muslims in Pattaya!" .

If you've got a regular passenger OR you're a big guy...PCX. With the LED lights, it's a safer vehicle. Clicks are fast and a fun bike, but the PCX is a luxurious bike and a bargain here in Thailand.

I've got a video review on YouTube from here in Phuket. It's got like 100,000 views. I would have put some effort into it if I knew people were going to see it.

I considered the PCX, because I've heard it's the most stable ride for a scooter, but a friend of mine told me that it's too big and heavy for a first time beginning learner like me, And, I'm not a big guy.

Edited by SkyRider

if you drive in area with heavy traffic click is the better option, lot more nimbler especially cos you are new rider. and it also has good space for shopping bags between your legs. if most of your riding is on open roads and you are planning to do some trips then concider PCX

Edited by Crowleys

The cheapest model does't have combined brake (CBS). Others do.

The combined brake (CBS), I think that is huge for safety. Thank you so much for that and thank you everybody for all the very informative comments. I've really learned a lot from them.

At this point, it seems to me, that the Click 125, Idling Stop, with CBS, (putting larger, tubeless, alloy wheels on it), would be the best bike for me. Not sure if I can find all that.

The new model Click already comes with all of that.

make sure you have the correct licence and insurance, that will pay out when you end up in hospital, and no collections to have you repatriated.

other than that new Honda Moove, or the click 125cc

Yes, I will get a license and insurance. That actually brings up another topic, (maybe I should start a new thread for it.)

The website for the drivers test (sorry, I can't find the link now to post it), states that there are 30 questions, and you have to get 23 of them correct to pass, they also have an example test that you can take. I got 25 correct. I went to the training, (or whatever they call it), all Thai's, I was the only farang. 4 hours of Thai's speaking, and pictures and videos on a screen, all in Thai, I don't speak Thai, so I didn't learn anything.

They gave us booklets, about 50 pages, all in Thai. In the booklet, they have the 100 questions, and some of them will be on the test, I asked if they have the booklet in English. They said they have it at a different motor vehicles location, but they only have one copy, and I am not allowed to make a copy of it. Also, they said that the test has changed, it's now 50 questions, and you have to get 45 of them correct to pass. I doubt I can do that, if I can't get a copy of the questions so that I can prepare for it.

1 year ago it took about 2 hours for me to get licence. Exam was a joke. Yes, it was 30 questions and I never learnt about traffic rules and signs. They told me I get 27 correct. But for some reasons they refused to tell me where I was right and where wrongfacepalm.gif. To be more confident get some whiskey before examrolleyes.gif !

I considered the PCX, because I've heard it's the most stable ride for a scooter, but a friend of mine told me that it's too big and heavy for a first time beginning learner like me, And, I'm not a big guy.

If you're beginner and not a big guy I totally agree with your friend.

Have had a Nouvo 125 and old Honda click. Going to buy the new click in about 2 weeks. Bigger fuel tank than Nouvo. More responsive engine. Will go for the new click with CBS, etc. Will be touring Thailand firstly Pattaya to Chang Mai.

1 year ago it took about 2 hours for me to get licence. Exam was a joke. Yes, it was 30 questions and I never learnt about traffic rules and signs. They told me I get 27 correct. But for some reasons they refused to tell me where I was right and where wrongfacepalm.gif. To be more confident get some whiskey before examrolleyes.gif !

The test has been made harder starting 1/7/14.

Why is the PCX considered a better bike? Looks like another small wheel scooter with all that plastic removed.

All show and no go.

I see many need to upgrade the PCX shocks right away. Cramped ergonomics for a tall person too.

Definitely not built for the heavy or tall farang rider.

I tried the Forza. Very bad ergonomics for a tall rider. Maybe short, fat people are their target? I don't get it?

Why is the PCX considered a better bike? Looks like another small wheel scooter with all that plastic removed.

All show and no go.

I see many need to upgrade the PCX shocks right away. Cramped ergonomics for a tall person too.

Never liked the PCX myself. To be fair it has medium sized wheels. Comparison with SH here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643128-pcx150-vs-sh150i-vs-best-scooter-in-thailand/page-3

I read the SH150 was designed in Milan for the Italian market. They are outselling Vespa now.

The Italians are demanding when it comes to quality/style/performance and are willing to pay for the premium components.

Can't compare this bike with the cheaply designed asian scooters. Asian bike designers are tasked to aggressively save on every single component.

This bike has big forks and shocks, nice rear disc brake, large alloy wheels and tires, 2 more HP than PCX, high quality finish and is about 20% larger in size overall so it's comfortable for a farang.

It looks like a normal scooter until you see it next to the typical asian scooter.

This is a scooter you can take on the highway too.

All show and no go.

I tried the Forza. Very bad ergonomics for a tall rider. Maybe short, fat people are their target? I don't get it?

What would you recommend for a tall guy above the 150cc range?

Just bought a new Honda Moove. If all you need is an in-town runner, this is a great little scooter. Has all the features of the click 125, plus wider and more comfortable seat, (though smaller engine), and the latest tech, including LED lights, etc.. Very comfortable ride, wide tires with tubeless tires (no need to fill often), and alloy wheels.

Not a good bike for tall riders though, as it is a bit cramped for legroom.

**oh, yeah, 63 kl/litre too..., and on E20.

Edited by keemapoot

Does the PCX have CBS?

The combined brake (CBS), I think that is huge for safety. Thank you so much for that and thank you everybody for all the very informative comments. I've really learned a lot from them.

At this point, it seems to me, that the Click 125, Idling Stop, with CBS, (putting larger, tubeless, alloy wheels on it), would be the best bike for me. Not sure if I can find all that.

When shopping around for the "new model" Click, how do I know what the new model is? 2015?

When shopping around for the "new model" Click, how do I know what the new model is? 2015?

You can see it here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/792697-new-honda-click-2015/

I read the SH150 was designed in Milan for the Italian market. They are outselling Vespa now.

More exactly designed and produced in Atessa, central Italy, and sold internationally. It may sell more than Vespa but nor more than the Beverly, that is the closest Piaggio model. Both take engines up to 280cc, marketed as 300. The Thai model is made in Vietnam, where it also sells big.

Is it possible to buy the new model click wheels(tubeless, and put on the older non tubeless click?

Any mag wheel can take a tubeless tire.

Edited by paz