What is your favorite motor scooter - and why? (Click)

SkyRider

I'm planning on buying a motor scooter. Most opinions I've received, believe that the Honda, Click, is the the best. So I think I'll get a Click. But, I know that there are a number of different Click models. I've seen Click 1, Click 2, Click Helmet In, etc.

I would love to see a website, showing all of the Click models, and explaining the details of them, but I haven't been able to find one.

If anyone could please give me feedback on this, especially regarding a Click website, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Honda Wave 110, basic. Built like a tank, last for ever.

The Click things I have stripped and re-built every couple of years.

Depending on your location, Mesquite is correct, they are death traps and on roads believed to be the second most dangerous in the World.

Buy a Volvo.

The best motor scooter is no motor scooter at all. They are death traps. Do yourself a favor and drop the idea.

I know, but I'm so tired of waiting for buses. And if the bus is crowded, no seat, it really sucks. A motor scooter would be so much more convenient. Dangerous, I know, but I've always been a risk taker.

Yes, yes, I know, they are dangerous, especially in Bangkok.

But if I choose to take the risk, how a Honda MSX? Looks like a hot bike.

I'd go for something with a bit more visibility and a higher riding position. Perhaps a Honda CRF250M or Kawasaki D-Tracker.

You can get them used for not that much money.

Actual biker people will be along in a minute to advise.

• Like 1

Only two Click models on Honda website, with cast wheels or with spoke wheels: http://www.aphonda.co.th/product/2015/click125i/spec.asp

Of course there are older Click models you can buy used.

Some prefer such "flat floor" the Click has, some prefer an "undebone" like the Yamaha Nouvo or Honda PCX (for more stability of the bike frame). You have to decide on your own what you want/need. There isnt "the best scooter" for everyone. Some look for power/speed, others for comfort, others for usability/practicability, others for "the look", others for safety (rear disc brake, size of wheels, etc.), ...

make sure you have the correct licence and insurance, that will pay out when you end up in hospital, and no collections to have you repatriated.

other than that new Honda Moove, or the click 125cc

Edited by steve187

The best motor scooter is no motor scooter at all. They are death traps. Do yourself a favor and drop the idea.

I agree 100%. Have you ever ridden a Motor Scooter in your home country? If not, then WHY would you think you might be safe doing so in Thailand of all places?

If you HAVE ridden at home, then don't think that Thailand is as safe and well ordered as it is back home...wherever it may be.

As advised by mesquite (above) do yourself a favour and DROP the idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nuovo is the farang approved bike - I only ever see foreigners on these ;)

In my testing I found it uninspiring.

I like the Scoopy the best, it's tiny, lasts forever, cheap. Much prefer it over a Click.

PCX is one step up from that - great bike, perfect handling, but bigger.

I'm partial to the looks of the new Yamaha Grand Filano but haven't had a chance to try it. Filano looked good too but it's too big and underpowered for the size.

• Like 1

The best farang sized scooter at the moment is the Honda SH150. It's a higher spec machine built for the Italian market, now available in Thailand.

Agree but the price places it in a different, niche market. Next best, Click 125i,

Honda Wave 110, basic. Built like a tank, last for ever.

The Click things I have stripped and re-built every couple of years.

Depending on your location, Mesquite is correct, they are death traps and on roads believed to be the second most dangerous in the World.

Buy a Volvo.

I agree about the Click.

I bought 2 brand new Click I about 3 years ago now. Good bikes for perhaps 2 years. Then both produced problems like gearbox shudder, few other issues. 1 had a major engine problem and needed rebuilding, few other issues as well. I've spent enough on them now, next time it will be new bikes and it won't be a Click. Junky little toy bikes imo.

I bought 2 brand new Click I about 3 years ago now. Good bikes for perhaps 2 years. Then both produced problems like gearbox shudder, few other issues. 1 had a major engine problem and needed rebuilding, few other issues as well. I've spent enough on them now, next time it will be new bikes and it won't be a Click. Junky little toy bikes imo.

Bad luck and/or poor maintenance. I bought an used Click-i 110 at some 30K Km and replaced new steering bearings and master brake piston. Both more a perfectionism than a real need. Let it parked on the street for months between trips, came back and it started at first kick, never a problem. Sold it for same price and then rented again approaching 40K, only needed a general tune up, plug, brake shoes, stop light switch and some bulbs. Plastics are coping with age very well. Also had a 2nd hand Scoopy, It never needed anything. Excellent design and build quality. From someone that has been messing with bikes for a very long time.

Edited by paz

I go with the Honda Wave 110 bulet proof. The one i bought the wife was under water twice 2 years ago during floods . Got the oil changed both times and drove away These bikes are strong. Clicks, Finos etc are for people who want to be in fashion for others to see. They are weak bikes. Wives son had a Fino that after 2 years was basically junk.Waves are cheaper on gas also. Twist and go bikes are good for old ladies who just go to the store and back.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1

I go with the Honda Wave 110 bulet proof. The one i bought the wife was under water twice 2 years ago during floods . Got the oil changed both times and drove away These bikes are strong. Clicks, Finos etc are for people who want to be in fashion for others to see. They are weak bikes. Wives son had a Fino that after 2 years was basically junk.Waves are cheaper on gas also. Twist and go bikes are good for old ladies who just go to the store and back.

i would think junk after 2 years was the fault of the owner/driver, my fino is a year old and looks like it just came out the showroom.

A Honda goldwing would be junk if mistreated.

make sure you have the correct licence and insurance, that will pay out when you end up in hospital, and no collections to have you repatriated.

other than that new Honda Moove, or the click 125cc

Yes, I will get a license and insurance. That actually brings up another topic, (maybe I should start a new thread for it.)

The website for the drivers test (sorry, I can't find the link now to post it), states that there are 30 questions, and you have to get 23 of them correct to pass, they also have an example test that you can take. I got 25 correct. I went to the training, (or whatever they call it), all Thai's, I was the only farang. 4 hours of Thai's speaking, and pictures and videos on a screen, all in Thai, I don't speak Thai, so I didn't learn anything.

They gave us booklets, about 50 pages, all in Thai. In the booklet, they have the 100 questions, and some of them will be on the test, I asked if they have the booklet in English. They said they have it at a different motor vehicles location, but they only have one copy, and I am not allowed to make a copy of it. Also, they said that the test has changed, it's now 50 questions, and you have to get 45 of them correct to pass. I doubt I can do that, if I can't get a copy of the questions so that I can prepare for it.