What is your favorite motor scooter - and why? (Click)

SkyRider

I bought two Honda Clicks in 2007 and both of them are still going well.

Had the belts, brake pads and automatic clutch "rollers" changed on one about six months ago which only cost about 3000 baht along with the service, so overall am extremely happy with the bikes. I get them checked about every three months so that the oil can be changed and everything else checked and that only costs about 200 or 300 baht as I recall

If I was going to change I would look at the Honda Click 125 (Helmet in) with the alloy wheels.

A friend who has a motorbike rental business really does stand by the Honda Click for its reliability and resale value.

The best motor scooter is no motor scooter at all. They are death traps. Do yourself a favor and drop the idea.

Rubbish. Driven with care reasonably safe. Been almost killed more times driving a car than on the Click.

Not advisable for someone that has no experience though. Thailand is not the place to learn to ride a m'bike. The Thais have been on m'bikes/ scooters since birth in many cases, though it does freak me out to see a new born being carried one handed by the driver.

• Like 1

Had a Click, 'orrible, next an Airblade, much better bike, now had a PCX for near 6 years, very nice bike once you get used to the longish wheelbase. Fuel tank is low down so all the weight is low down, great for handling.

New Click with alloys is about 52k. It's by far the most popular bike for farangs. Honda holds it's value much better than the Yamaha bikes because Thais prefer them. A used Click with under 20k Km will fetch 32k baht or so. The difference between the Click models is mostly cosmetic but go with the alloy wheels.

A better bike is the PCX at 82k. More stable, better handling and much better LED headlight for driving at night. Click have LED lights on the new model? Also if you're going to be driving with a passenger, the PCX is far better.

As far as as buying a Honda Wave, Thais buy Waves because they're cheaper. Twist and go with the Click or the PCX if you've got the bread.

The best motor scooter is no motor scooter at all. They are death traps. Do yourself a favor and drop the idea.

Ridiculous reply, I have had a click for the last 6 yrs, cheap to run and maintain, great fun and did I say cheap? They are like all bikes only death traps if you join the majority and drive like a complete tawt!! Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 2

Honda Wave 110, basic. Built like a tank, last for ever.

The Click things I have stripped and re-built every couple of years.

Depending on your location, Mesquite is correct, they are death traps and on roads believed to be the second most dangerous in the World.

Buy a Volvo.

I agree about the Click.

I bought 2 brand new Click I about 3 years ago now. Good bikes for perhaps 2 years. Then both produced problems like gearbox shudder, few other issues. 1 had a major engine problem and needed rebuilding, few other issues as well. I've spent enough on them now, next time it will be new bikes and it won't be a Click. Junky little toy bikes imo.

Didn't mention it before because my experience with Click is renting it a few times in different places around Thailand. But these Clicks were always in really bad shape, lots of things wrong with them. I also rented lots of Scoopys over the years, and these never had any issues.

Could have been the luck of the draw, you never know with rental bikes. But my hunch is the Click is more problematic than the Scoopy even though in terms of technology they're almost twins.

I go with the Honda Wave 110 bulet proof. The one i bought the wife was under water twice 2 years ago during floods . Got the oil changed both times and drove away These bikes are strong. Clicks, Finos etc are for people who want to be in fashion for others to see. They are weak bikes. Wives son had a Fino that after 2 years was basically junk.Waves are cheaper on gas also. Twist and go bikes are good for old ladies who just go to the store and back.

A more modern version is the Honda Super Cub - IMO they messed up the design a bit though, they were going for retro but didn't end up looking nice. But it _should_ be as bullet proof as the Wave/Dream of old.

I have an old Wave 125i - now perhaps 8 or 9 years old? This bike will last forever, it is a marvel of engineering to make something last that long, with that little maintenance. I had the chain sagging once - replaced at the local mechanic for 400 baht. And swapped tires.

Other than that, I've replaced the oil a few times and that's it. Nothing ever needed changing, or fixing. It has the original brake pads and battery. I can leave this bike unused in the garage for months, gasohol or not, and it will fire up on the first try.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend it today is that it's just a very old design. It's much nicer to ride a small automatic in city traffic. But if you want something that is near indestructible, Honda Wave is the way to go.

Wgat about the Yamaha Mio GTX 125? Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Direct competitor of Click 125i with very similar characteristics. You may have a style or brand preference but for sure if bought new will lose value faster than Honda.

• Like 1

Wgat about the Yamaha Mio GTX 125? Anyone have one? Thoughts?

I had one, very good engine, but the fairings made a vibrating noise from the first day and the seat cover was torn after after 2-3000KM.

These problems affect the new Fino too. Poorly manufactured.

Additionally, if you have long legs, you will be able to steer the MIO/Fino/Click/whatever with your knees.

If you are a tall guy, I would suggest a bike on which you can swap the handlebars for higher ones.

Yamaha TTX/Fino (budget) or PCX for example, on almost all other bikes you can't replace the hb.

Edited by roban

How can there be so much rubbish written in one place, plenty of room on a click, had mine for 30k now still runs like new, had a Skydrive 125cc before which had done over 50k run like new, the only reason I am thinking of changing to a PCX is that it has tubeless tires, fantastic bikes if you take care of them!

How can there be so much rubbish written in one place, plenty of room on a click, had mine for 30k now still runs like new, had a Skydrive 125cc before which had done over 50k run like new, the only reason I am thinking of changing to a PCX is that it has tubeless tires, fantastic bikes if you take care of them!

It depends on driver's size. Tall and heavy people (> 180cm) always assumes that is "farang size", smaller people is fine with "bikes for Thais". Personally I would get an SH150 over the PCX, all the time. If your Click has mag rims you can fit tubeless tires.

It depends on driver's size. Tall and heavy people (> 180cm) always assumes that is "farang size", smaller people is fine with "bikes for Thais". Personally I would get an SH150 over the PCX, all the time. If your Click has mag rims you can fit tubeless tires.

I'm 6'3" with long legs no,problem on my Click, I asked in Honda about tubeless tires for my click, it has the mag wheels, they said "no have" can you still get the SH150? again I asked in Honda about this bike and yes the answer was "no have" Edited by Badrabbit

I'm 6'3" with long legs no,problem on my Click, I asked in Honda about tubeless tires for my click, it has the mag wheels, they said "no have" can you still get the SH150? again I asked in Honda about this bike and yes the answer was "no have"

Your dealer was not interested in doing that, but it's normally possible to fit tubeless to mag rims.

Only the biggest dealers have the SH150, because it's a niche model. http://www.aphonda.co.th/2015/aphonda-product-hondash150i.ashx

<deleted> - You sound like a bunch of old ladies. Motorbikes are fine to ride, just use a little common sense. You all best stay indoors with a nice blankie, OK ladies.

fair enough advice but the problem lies with other road users using their common sense. and i wouldn't count on it.

on a practical note make sure you get a decent helmet. and wear it.

I'm 6'3" with long legs no,problem on my Click, I asked in Honda about tubeless tires for my click, it has the mag wheels, they said "no have" can you still get the SH150? again I asked in Honda about this bike and yes the answer was "no have"

Your dealer was not interested in doing that, but it's normally possible to fit tubeless to mag rims.

Only the biggest dealers have the SH150, because it's a niche model. http://www.aphonda.co.th/2015/aphonda-product-hondash150i.ashx[/quote

Cheers, I will look into the SH150.

Are there different Click 125 models? Racing, Idling Stop, Tune up...

And, what is the difference between these wheels? (The first pic is on the Racing, the second is on the Idling Stop)

post-137654-0-09349300-1427722366_thumb.

post-137654-0-04031900-1427722376_thumb.

Edited by SkyRider

The new clicks are the most advanced technology.

No starter motor, the alternator is built into the engine and spun to start.

The top model click stops the engine when you idle for 10 seconds, then does an instant start when you wind the accelerator.

But best fuel economy is the wave 110i, kick start and no frills.

Very light and good for driving up mountain tracks, plus one man can lift it into a pickup.

Are there different Click 125 models? Racing, Idling Stop, Tune up...

And, what is the difference between these wheels? (The first pic is on the Racing, the second is on the Idling Stop)

Whatever you do, don't get any of those two models in the pictures. They are the old stock; a new shape came out a few weeks ago.

The difference between the models? About 2000 baht. Same bike, different cosmetics. Just make sure it has the combi breaking and the alloys. I think the newest model has LED lights this year which is far superior to the old.

• Like 1

The cheapest model does't have combined brake (CBS). Others do.

The combined brake (CBS), I think that is huge for safety. Thank you so much for that and thank you everybody for all the very informative comments. I've really learned a lot from them.

At this point, it seems to me, that the Click 125, Idling Stop, with CBS, (putting larger, tubeless, alloy wheels on it), would be the best bike for me. Not sure if I can find all that.

Having moved here, in Thailand, 2 years ago I bought 3 Yamaha Fino. Never had any problems. And sometimes I ride about 300 km in day(but not very often). Honda Click- good choice for Bangkok. But riding it in hills/mountains is not very funny if you are big guy. I'm 95kg+45kg of my wife..And with 115cc my Fino is able to make only 50 km/h when we climbing.Think about changing it for PCX. Can't buy something more powerful because of my wife hating my style of riding."You drive like a crazy farangs and muslims in Pattaya!" .