What is your favorite motor scooter - and why? (Click)

SkyRider

I wonder when they'll come out with something new, scooter wise.

I have an Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135, and I love it, but it's getting long in the tooth.

If someone built an automatic that was 150cc, that was, most importantly, as thin and as light as the YNE, with fuel injection and nice lights etc, I would buy the sh*t out of it.

The SX is nice but a little weak. The PCX150 it fat and I prefer a more forward seating position. The SH150 is heavy and quite pricy. The Clicks are OK, but small and I prefer the underbone frame.

A light, slim, simple and well built 150 auto please Honda or Yamaha.

Current Clicks and Yamaha are 125cc already. The performance difference to 150 is very small really, but for a light scooter true flat step like a Click more power would require stiffer frame and wider tires, and there you have the SH. There could be also insurance and registration increase that the Thai buyers wouldn't like. So I don't think it will happen any soon.

I go with the Honda Wave 110 bulet proof. The one i bought the wife was under water twice 2 years ago during floods . Got the oil changed both times and drove away These bikes are strong. Clicks, Finos etc are for people who want to be in fashion for others to see. They are weak bikes. Wives son had a Fino that after 2 years was basically junk.Waves are cheaper on gas also. Twist and go bikes are good for old ladies who just go to the store and back.

That Clicks and Finos are "weak bikes" is not true at all. That the boy's Fino did not lasted maybe had to do with the age of its rider. They are true scooters with a flat footrest, that makes easier to mount, dismount and carry loads. Also, they are fully automatic, do not have a chain, plus a lot of other advantages. Check that out and don't be opinionated.

Correct. If a Click was a weak bike ours would have disintegrated long ago. I couldn't imagine carrying anywhere near what we do on a proper m'bike. Ours is a real all purpose workhorse.

• 3 weeks later...

MSX is not Scooter though - but majorly cool and fun... and ridiculous cheap. I love it.

Real Scooter: PCX 150. Hard to find anything better or more reliable or more practical. Crazy good fuel efficiency and maintenance cost

Hy -foodieontour- motorbike Honda CB650F, still for sale?
I wait nearly 3 weeks for answer to my Private Mail, which you as it seems did not open till now after you are online again?!
Thank you Alfred

• 5 months later...

I wonder when they'll come out with something new, scooter wise.

I have an Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135, and I love it, but it's getting long in the tooth.

If someone built an automatic that was 150cc, that was, most importantly, as thin and as light as the YNE, with fuel injection and nice lights etc, I would buy the sh*t out of it.

The SX is nice but a little weak. The PCX150 it fat and I prefer a more forward seating position. The SH150 is heavy and quite pricy. The Clicks are OK, but small and I prefer the underbone frame.

A light, slim, simple and well built 150 auto please Honda or Yamaha.

Current Clicks and Yamaha are 125cc already. The performance difference to 150 is very small really, but for a light scooter true flat step like a Click more power would require stiffer frame and wider tires, and there you have the SH. There could be also insurance and registration increase that the Thai buyers wouldn't like. So I don't think it will happen any soon.

I recently moved up from a Yamaha SX to a NMAX and noticed quite a significant increase in performance for 30 cc.

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2015 at 7:59 AM, paz said:

That Clicks and Finos are "weak bikes" is not true at all. That the boy's Fino did not lasted maybe had to do with the age of its rider. They are true scooters with a flat footrest, that makes easier to mount, dismount and carry loads. Also, they are fully automatic, do not have a chain, plus a lot of other advantages. Check that out and don't be opinionated.

Yeah, my Fino was about four years old when I bought it for 25k (had sold previous for 18k). That was seven years ago, have crashed it at least six times, once sudden impact at 60 kph. No damage to the bike four years ago, but my knees are still a big shakey. Yeah, 45k, over ten years old and it's still trucking. Had to replace the seat two years ago. Now I'd like to buy something new, perhaps a Falino, Honda Moove, I don't know, trying to figure this out. 

Just went to the Hang Dong dealer to see many Finos, Grand Filanos and a large stock of a slightly bigger model, can't remember the name now but about 80,000 baht. Now, the Finos were beautiful, all a bit over 48,000 baht, a real bargain I thought but I just got rid of one I'd had for seven or eight years. WHOA, but the Filanos were far more beautiful, 125cc vs 115cc, bigger and to this old man just like a Rolls Royce. The more expensive model just wasn't worth it for me, and the Filano just perfect. I see a 2nd hand 2017 Grand Filano at Motors.co.th with 1,900 km for 50,000 baht, and yet these brand new new ones with black wheels and flashy paint jobs were only 52,900 with free helmet and jacket. Finally came to the conclusion that any 2nd hand I could find probably wasn't what I really wanted nor worth the risk when I can easily afford a new one.  For an old fella who just putters around town, you can't do better I think. A smoother and classier ride than the Fino, nice looking, fully automatic, I'm delighted. 

There are good feedbacks about Filano, it's a good choice for around town, and even further.

The guy asking for 50k for a 2nd hand is dreaming a bit, he is lucky to get 45k or even lower. Most 2nd hand prices I found given here are 10 or 20% too much, I guess they put room for haggling..... 

• Like 1