Prayut criticises TV channel for using women in mini skirts as selling point

Lite Beer

I do not understand the current pseudo-moralistic witch hunt.
Thailand is a hot country and light clothing, such as mini skirts, flip flops and tops are still comfortable.
What should the girls wear instead?
Wool Socks, rubber boots, wool sweaters and ski pants?

Thailand should be proud of the beauty of their women and not try to criminalize them.

• Like 1

A quiet night, Prayth and the missus are watching TV.

Mrs P: "Look at all those scantily clad women on the telly, it is disgusting!"

Mr P:" You are right dear, I have watched it ten times already, and it gets more disgusting each time"

Mrs P: " To save the nation, you have to something about it"

Mr P: " Don't worry, I will close down the station, and "invite" the staff to the camp."

Mrs P: "Oh, teerak, you are my article 44 hero."

I'm wondering if after detention the staff should be presented suitably un-attired to prevent claims of abuse emerging rolleyes.gif

Somebody, please take him to soi Cowboy or walking street Pattaya to cure him from his sexual frustration.

Thailand will be in debt to you for your services.

You better cover up your avatar to comply with the high moral standards of your hero!!

Showing way too much legs!!post-218648-0-10562600-1427640262_thumb.

• Like 1

A quiet night, Prayth and the missus are watching TV.

Mrs P: "Look at all those scantily clad women on the telly, it is disgusting!"

Mr P:" You are right dear, I have watched it ten times already, and it gets more disgusting each time"

Mrs P: " To save the nation, you have to something about it"

Mr P: " Don't worry, I will close down the station, and "invite" the staff to the camp."

Mrs P: "Oh, teerak, you are my article 44 hero."

??? they will forever be

Mr p and Mrs p to me now.

• Like 1

Seems like Prayut needs Robert Amsterdam's help.

If it made thaksin look good it certainly cannot hurt Parayut.

As for his comment. It is disgusting and not to be tolerated in the modern world. Especially by a leader of the nation.

There certainly needs to be a line between defending someone and denouncing them.

To me it is this. Oh, and defending terrorism by saying BUT at the end of sentences involving that subject is another example of when you know you have crossed the line.

Edited by djjamie

Seems like Prayut needs Robert Amsterdam's help.

If it made thaksin look good it certainly cannot hurt Parayut.

As for his comment. It is disgusting and not to be tolerated in the modern world. Especially by a leader of the nation.

There certainly needs to be a line between defending someone and denouncing them.

To me it is this. Oh, and defending terrorism by saying BUT at the end of sentences involving that subject is another example of when you know you have crossed the line.

Heh ... Jamie. perhaps the most blinkered of the pro-coup crew on this forum, slowly has an eye-opening moment.

The despot arriveth ... but he was was always going to.

• Like 2

Somebody, please take him to soi Cowboy or walking street Pattaya to cure him from his sexual frustration.

Thailand will be in debt to you for your services.

Costas, did you have an accident or have you been for attitude adjustment? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Oh, do tell us more, Mr. Prime Minister.

What do you think of young men with untrimmed hair?

I tell you, the whole country is an afront to military discipline.

rolleyes.gif

He's just been to Singapore so i hope he didn't find out that at one time Singapore didn't allow men with long hair into the country. There was a barber's shop inside the restricted where a haircut was available before going back to the immigration desks.

• Like 1

Oh lordy, here we go. This is a leadup to a crackdown on ALL media (read State Censorship) and the state takeover by the propaganda ministry. Add to this his impending announcement that he has appointed himself dictator PM for life and we can see where Thailand is heading.

Perhaps time for a coup to get rid of this junta.

One may be excused to wonder why a previous Prime Minister who was really into equal right for women and dignity for women, didn't notice this issue.

Probably to many other things to do rolleyes.gif

I try to avoid the submissive men posting pro military here usually , but really switching this Generals narrow minded early 20th century views back on YS is just too audacious to let go without clarification.

YS is not a woman who might approve of woman being perceived as sexualised , but she isn't a prude either.

But more important she recognised it was not her role to censor people or programming on TV where matters minor like this exist.

It's really amusing a military man object to attractive woman in skirts.

Ok ...what would you think if he started intervening and went further .

Say he said he wanted to rid the Kingdom of homosexual foreign expats and tried to justify it by linking it to pedophiles .?

We all know its not .

But this is a general who links rape with bikinis and has shown himself to hold views that are not in keeping with modern times.

What I am saying is your blind faith is crossing over to a point of ridiculous pandering some might question.?

It is your right ( which I respect ) to hold strong political views but ""absolute " rule and censorship and strict controls on gatherings , freedoms , and threat , do not hold dear to the average person...( including Thais) and no amount of make believe can alter that.

YS is not hiding and living her life as a coward and submissive to a government non elected and run by military.....and if the show is canned it's just indicative of one less freedom of expression that all people should be concerned about

Edited by Plutojames88
  • Like 1

One may be excused to wonder why a previous Prime Minister who was really into equal right for women and dignity for women, didn't notice this issue.

Isn't part of women's rights to be able to wear what ever they like. If Yingluk had of banned the mini skirt to would have been attacked by many women's groups. The mini skirt has been around for 60 years it's nothing new. Maybe prayuth can add the mini to the bikini guide lines, only to be worn by fat ugly chicks.
  • Like 1

1970's UK... midi and maxi skirts. What a terrible waste of sexy legs and thighs.

Prayut wants to deprive me of the lovely legs in mini skirts???

What is the world (Thailand) coming to under this regime!

• Like 1

Getting rid of miniskirts everywhere in Thailand should be one of the most urgent reforms that Thailand needs. The General ...sorry, I mean the Prime Minister is absolutely right! Miniskirts will only deepen the divide in Thailand.

Didn't he say last time that the British girl in Koh Tao was raped because she was wearing a bikini? Or something like that.

He also referred that it is acceptable for ugly women to wear. Maybe he finds beautiful women in bikinis and mini skirts a turn off and fetish is over weight ugly women in biking and short skirts. Each unto thier own.
  • Like 1

1970's UK... midi and maxi skirts. What a terrible waste of sexy legs and thighs.

Prayut wants to deprive me of the lovely legs in mini skirts???

What is the world (Thailand) coming to under this regime!

Yep...it's gonna be grim....( interestingly Go Go s thrive) ....under his moralistic holiness .

A man mandating the appropriate attire of women.... to protect the women's equal rights to have no rights.

agree, it would have been more appropriate if Ms. Yingluck had done so.