Man arrested in Bangkok over alleged killing of 2-year-old stepson

webfact

Just when you think that this [expletive] excuse for a police force cannot stoop any lower, they prove they can do it with ease. What groundbreaking findings did these buffoons expect to obtain from letting the suspect beat up a large pink teddybear at the crime scene?

Fortunately the residents made it clear what they thought of this pathetic charade and forced the BiB to beat a hasty retreat with their "reenactor" who, quite fittingly, wore a sweatshirt with a large heart-shaped smiley on the front.

edit: txpo

Edited by MikeOboe57
  • Like 1

Just when you think that this [expletive] excuse for a police force cannot stoop any lower, they prove they can do it with ease. What groundbreaking findings did these buffoons expect to obtain from letting the suspect beat up a large pink teddybear at the crime scene?

Fortunately the residents made it clear what they thought of this pathetic charade and forced the BiB to beat a hasty retreat with their "reenactor" who, quite fittingly, wore a sweatshirt with a large heart-shaped smiley on the front.

When was this?

I have just seen in The Phuket News that they took the man to do a re-enactment of this crime but were stopped form doing so by an angry mob.

Is anyone surprised at this? What the hell are the police thinking by taking this guy to do this stupid re-enactment, especially with the video evidence in existence, which I haven't watched.

There are times and places for re-enactments, but the Thai way of doing this for seemingly every arrest for a serious crime is beyond ridiculous.

Incidentally, I wish they had left him to the mob!

http://www.thephuketnews.com/angry-mob-halts-re-enactment-51651.php?news-alert=1

Apologies if this story has already been posted but I searched and couldn't find it.

EDIT should have read the post two above this one!

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

When was this?

Headline in "the other newspaper".

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The girl by the way is back with the Thai man---------.

Unfortunately they have paid bail and are headed to Ubon.

Where did you read this? Have I missed a news link somewhere?

I think I remember reading that bail was set at 200k Baht

It was initially reported that bail was set at 200,000Baht but the family couldn't raise the money.

Not sure what's happened, with bail, since then.

With all the absolute disgust being expressed here.....isn't it amazing how many people actually watched the video....Why?

It reminds me of the beheadings of late.......so many people outraged...but yet managed to watch them.....again....Why?

Would you rather it be censored and covered up ?

No thanks, not me, i have no intention of watching the Video. Why on earth would I?

Some years back, I had a friend, although he's not anymore, who had stored on his mob phone one of the very first videos of the Taliban Beheadings, he thought it was highly amusing to show it around to people at social gatherings. Most, like myself, were appalled.

Online Outrage? This may explain a few things.

Link below - Sadism and the Online Mob

There are three common theories of why people join online outrage mobs. The first is that they are simply angry. Blogger Adam Gurri calls this “telescopic morality”--– the tendency of people to get emotionally worked up about things that are far away. The second theory is that participating in an outrage mob allows people to feel social acceptance -- it demonstrates that there are a lot of other people who are on our “side,” who share our values and who are willing to march alongside us. The third theory is that outrage is a form of social performance -- that we profess outrage to show other people that we’re on their side.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-23/sadism-and-the-online-mob

as for those evil Thais .......

Below - Sydney, Australia Today!! (not an isolated case either) Sydney mother pleads guilty to manslaughter of her son, 7, who had 'plethora of injuries'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-mother-pleads-guilty-to-manslaughter-of-her-son-7-who-had-plethora-of-injuries-20150331-1mc13q.html

A Sydney mother has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of her seven-year-old son after admitting he did not fall off a pogo stick as first claimed, but was subject to months of neglect and sickening physical abuse at the hands of herself and her boyfriend.

Numerous cases exist of mainly, De Facto (male) Spouses abusing and killing their partners children.

Indeed. The current Australian of the Year 2015, Rosey Batty's 11 year old son Luke was beaten to death by his own biological father with a cricket bat whilst he cowered in the nets at his team's afternoon Cricket practice.

(Australian) ABC Four Corners Program Below - Rosie's Story

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/07/14/4043135.htm

Child abuse and Filicide is not unique to Thailand, not by a long chalk, and those who like to unfairly pretend it is need to get a life and add a few more URLs to their favourites folder apart from TV. Why is it people are surprised atrocities such as this can happen here just because most Thais are Buddhist? Noone ever makes the same link in cases like this when it comes to Australia and Christianity. Luke 18:16

The best we can hope for, as so-called civilised societies, is that the Law (and Karma) is permitted to run its course. unless of course you would prefer to live in a place like Pakistan or Afghanistan.

and on that note, I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

• Like 2