check e-tickets china eastern airline via airtickets24.com

stevehaigh

bugger, the title should be

'change e-tickets china eastern airline via airtickets24.com'

mods, can you fix that? thx

i booked a round trip bkk to USA on china eastern via airtickets24.com

i want to change my outbound data and can't find contact info for China Eastern Airlines in thailand

i tried to change on the airtickets24.com but 2 days and no reply to my request

any ideas? (i'm in phuket so popping over to swampy isn't an option)

Edited by stevehaigh

I've had terrible luck dealing with 3rd party ticket suppliers. Call the airline and many times they'll say there's nothing they can do as you booked via another agency. Call that agency and they are either unresponsive or charge a silly price to make the changes.

And if a problem occurs, the airline tends to take care of those who booked directly with them, leaving you to figure out how to contact your travel agency while you are stranded in some foreign airport. For the small price difference, I always go direct with the airline. I know that doesn't help you...hope you get it worked out.

Here's a review of that site. It isn't very good:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/flights24.com

I'd call them. They seem to be based in Athens and you'll need to call when they are open during local hours.

If you haven't started your travel yet you are still in the hands of the agent. Once you begin your travel changes like on the return sector can done with the airline. You might not have heard from the online agent because it's just been the weekend and a lot of travel firms and even airline offices shut after 12 noon on Saturday. Quite often especially with the lowest fares you might find the outbound date is fixed, it can't be changed.

If you haven't started your travel yet you are still in the hands of the agent. Once you begin your travel changes like on the return sector can done with the airline. You might not have heard from the online agent because it's just been the weekend and a lot of travel firms and even airline offices shut after 12 noon on Saturday. Quite often especially with the lowest fares you might find the outbound date is fixed, it can't be changed.

I was actually in Beijing in the middle of a trip when we arrived late and our connecting flight had already left. The airline first went to all their direct passengers and helped them out. A few of us had purchased tickets via a 3rd party. We were told to contact our travel agent...and then they left. We were stuck.

Luckily, they came back after about an hour and started to help us. But it was strange for an hour or so.

I was actually in Beijing in the middle of a trip when we arrived late and our connecting flight had already left. The airline first went to all their direct passengers and helped them out. A few of us had purchased tickets via a 3rd party. We were told to contact our travel agent...and then they left. We were stuck.

Luckily, they came back after about an hour and started to help us. But it was strange for an hour or so.

That sounds like a crap airline. What airline was it? It always amazes me when when say just for example you have a fully ticketed China Eastern reservation, for a China Eastern flight and the airline try's to claim its nothing to do with them. Sometimes you have to stand your ground and spell it out to them.

Not sure if it helps the OP, but China Eastern do fly out of Phuket. They should have an office there, or at least staff during check in. Not that it helps the OP's situation.

Try posting on FlyerTalk, one of the travel boffins will have possibly have working contact details for MU