Best Burger in Bangkok 2015......

smokie36

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes... sorry. That was very brief, but I was hungry!

Burger is a 180 gram 100% Australian beef patty.

Bun is nice and solid and home baked. Burger cooked nicely. A little char and not over cooked. Was nice juicy and flavourfull.

Standard served with lettuce, tomato and fried onions. On request home made pickles were added and a bit of their burger sauce.

Very generous side of nice French fries. Also on the side some mayo and ketchup for dipping.

The resraurant, 101 Restaurant, is located 70 meters inside soi 101/1, which is locared between BTS stations Punnawhiti and Udomsuk.

Price was 200 Thb for the standard burger.

Relatively new place called Du Oh opened up in the basement at Exchange Tower and they have a good bacon cheese & fried egg burger with fries for 230 baht.

It's not world class, but it is real good and convenenient if you work in the area. And the patty isn't one of the many "flavored up" patties I get so often here- probably to disguise the poor quality beef. Too thick to eat without a fork and knife, but that's okay.

If you don't stop them, they lay on the BBQ sauce a little thick, but they'll make it any way you ask. Real nice people, too.

Went to Carl Jr in Mega Bang Na and was horrified about the quality, Burger was soggy, tasteless and the fries greasy and just plain awful.

For almost 300 baht I expect more, and will never ever return to this joint again.

I've eaten at Carl's Jr's at Silom, Nana and The Davis Hotel a few dozen times. Once, I got a burger that was just plain inedible about a year ago (Silom). Kept me away for many months. But it was just one out of dozens. I've been going back recently (Nana) because of their Friday 2 for 1 deal and haven't had a bad one since.

Ditto on that. Likewise, I've had pretty consistently good service and experience with the Nana branch of Carl's.

Don't think I've ever used their Mega Bangna branch.

Why why why would anyone eat Carl's at Mega Bangna?

So many better dining options there!

Ditto on that. Likewise, I've had pretty consistently good service and experience with the Nana branch of Carl's.

Don't think I've ever used their Mega Bangna branch.

Why why why would anyone eat Carl's at Mega Bangna?

So many better dining options there!

Burger King and McDonalds to name a couple :-p

Speaking of BK, I've noticed lately they're advertising a different, larger burger than their regular Whopper, one they're calling the Angus XT.

225b for a 155g Australian Angus beef burger, or so their advertising claims.

Anyone here tried one??? I'm thinking to give one a try pretty soon.

post-58284-0-39238500-1439872168_thumb.j

Speaking of BK, I've noticed lately they're advertising a different, larger burger than their regular Whopper, one they're calling the Angus XT.

225b for a 155g Australian Angus beef burger, or so their advertising claims.

Anyone here tried one??? I'm thinking to give one a try pretty soon.

attachicon.gifBurger King Angus XT 2015-08.jpg

I've had it a couple of times, it's quite ok, but not a fan of the bbq sauce and onion they put on it.

Finally had a chance yesterday to try Burger King's Angus XT burger... Now I wish I hadn't... bah.gif

The bun was kind of nice, and better than the normal Burger King or even Carl's Jr. burger bun. And the beef patty was a good, satisfying size at the advertised 155g weight, filling out the bun and about double the thickness of say their Whopper patty.

Trying for the best experience possible, I told them to skip the normal "BBQ" sauce and the fried onion strings that are standard on this menu item. And instead went with no sauce, though they did add mayo, and some sliced fresh onion instead.

Still, it didn't work. The beef patty didn't taste like beef/much. I'm not sure whether that's because it had been sitting around and/or microwaved, or because the melted "cheese" on top of it had the appearance and taste of half-melted plastic. Either way, not going back for another. Nice idea for a premium upsized burger at BK, but the execution falls way short.

post-58284-0-43150000-1440295190_thumb.j

post-58284-0-25268500-1440295206_thumb.j

I paid a return visit to 'New Your Style Burger and Steak' on Sukhumvit 22 the other day....

I had the Brooklyn Burger (450 baht I think)... I'm now left with little doubt - its the best Burger I've had in Bangkok - everything about it was spot on.

The meat was excellent... I had burger in Firehouse last week, the meat was of questionable quality with a little gristle.

The Staff and both partners were excellent and made me and my 1.5 year old son who were on a 'boys night out' (to give mom a break) were made to feel extremely welcome.

This restaurant now has my No.1 Ranking for Burgers in Bkk.

I paid a return visit to 'New Your Style Burger and Steak' on Sukhumvit 22 the other day....

Compared to all the various BKK burger places I've tried in recent months, based on that sampling, I'd agree that I've liked NYSS&B the best just based on the taste of their burger, pricing aside. That's why they were at the top of my list of BKK burger places that I'd go back to.

But, there's a lot of other burger options out there that I've yet to try, and that's probably equally the case for everyone else posting here.

I had the Brooklyn Burger (450 baht I think)... I'm now left with little doubt - its the best Burger I've had in Bangkok - everything about it was spot on.

The meat was excellent... I had burger in Firehouse last week, the meat was of questionable quality with a little gristle.

The Staff and both partners were excellent and made me and my 1.5 year old son who were on a 'boys night out' (to give mom a break) were made to feel extremely welcome.

AUD$18. Wow, Bangkok sure is getting expensive. Pretty much the price you would pay at a good steakhouse in Sydney.

AUD$18. Wow, Bangkok sure is getting expensive. Pretty much the price you would pay at a good steakhouse in Sydney.

It has the quality you would expect at the price....good value for money.

Went to 101 Restaurant today and had the Brekky Burger. Very nice. Meat patty was well done. The onions well caramelized, bacon as it should be and rounded up with a nice egg. Something different the the usual burger but I can only recommend to try it. In my opinion a visit well worth it.

post-153345-1440691391395_thumb.jpg

Went to 101 Restaurant today and had the Brekky Burger. Very nice. Meat patty was well done. The onions well caramelized, bacon as it should be and rounded up with a nice egg. Something different the the usual burger but I can only recommend to try it. In my opinion a visit well worth it.

Looks nice enough...how much?

Finally had a chance yesterday to try Burger King's Angus XT burger... Now I wish I hadn't... bah.gif

The bun was kind of nice, and better than the normal Burger King or even Carl's Jr. burger bun. And the beef patty was a good, satisfying size at the advertised 155g weight, filling out the bun and about double the thickness of say their Whopper patty.

Trying for the best experience possible, I told them to skip the normal "BBQ" sauce and the fried onion strings that are standard on this menu item. And instead went with no sauce, though they did add mayo, and some sliced fresh onion instead.

Still, it didn't work. The beef patty didn't taste like beef/much. I'm not sure whether that's because it had been sitting around and/or microwaved, or because the melted "cheese" on top of it had the appearance and taste of half-melted plastic. Either way, not going back for another. Nice idea for a premium upsized burger at BK, but the execution falls way short.

attachicon.gif2015-08-22 12.50.32.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-08-22 12.50.55.jpg

Oh Dear.. You will never get a decent burger from there.. You should try making your own. Far more satisfying and you know the contents aren't road kill or had things crawling all over them out the back.

I remember stopping at the Mc D's on the motorway Bkk-Ptt bound before and the filth and flies around the side/back was terrible. They where rodding the fat away cause the drains blocked and had piles of stinking fat piled on the road as well.... Put me off for life unfortunately still make your own. its fun and the flavours will be to your taste

Looks nice enough...how much?

The plain burger THB 200, Cheese burger THB 220 and Brekky Burger THB 240. CHANG DRAUGHT jug for THB 160.

• 3 weeks later...

It has the quality you would expect at the price....good value for money.

Yup Bkok seems to be on par with LA for prices in the food category for Western food. Actually LA is probably cheaper. 450 baht way too much for a burger joint in Bkok.

You must be from Australia if you think these prices are good. No offense intended.

Archived