Best Burger in Bangkok 2015......

smokie36

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I see, thanks for pointing that post out for me. Well I went there and paid around 300thb for a cheese burger and didn't really find anything to complain about. Yeah, the french fries could have been better, but that's just minor nit picking I'm willing to overlook.

I'm still waiting for to try some burgers at "Bangkok Betty", heard lot's of positive feedback, but they're still under renovation.

Meanwhile, as for 25 Degrees down in the Silom area, I could have sworn I wrote a review here on their burgers after trying them back in mid-2013. I'm sure I tried their burgers because I have the photos to prove it, but finding anything I wrote at the time has proved impossible thus far.

So, suffice to say, I tried them, and wasn't sufficiently motivated to go back for more. Tried their regular 200g sirloin burger for what at the time was a 220++ price, and also their No. 3 special burger with avocado and green chili for what at the time was 330++ baht.

Good thing that their menu prices for burgers seem to have remained constant since then:

http://25degreesrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/MENU_BURGER.pdf

Here's what I got:

Regular burger

post-58284-0-96264200-1434988578_thumb.j

post-58284-0-12587100-1434988565_thumb.j

No. 3 burger

post-58284-0-56987600-1434988553_thumb.j

post-58284-0-28997100-1434988545_thumb.j

Honestly, why search for the best burger if this is widely availlable everywhere......in EU/UK that is.

No problem with bad patty's or so, the bread is crisped before serving, great sauces come with it......

Sigh, why Thailand doesn't sell it? I've seen it in Singapore and the farang love it. Not to mention all europeans who crave for this. Burgers are out, kebab is in.

Can't swing a rat without hitting a kebab seller in Bangkok.

Honestly, why search for the best burger if this is widely availlable everywhere......in EU/UK that is.

No problem with bad patty's or so, the bread is crisped before serving, great sauces come with it......

Sigh, why Thailand doesn't sell it? I've seen it in Singapore and the farang love it. Not to mention all europeans who crave for this. Burgers are out, kebab is in.

Can't swing a rat without hitting a kebab seller in Bangkok.

You don't get it, it is not kebab but they call it Doner kebab. I like it more then a burger because the meat always seems to be perfect. Also the bun is crisped up and it comes with garlic sauce/chili.

In Europe you see this everywhere these days. Made from veal or chicken. I had the chicken version in BKK but the real one is better.

post-228013-0-32863100-1435013323_thumb.

BK Magazine or website or whatever it is led with a review of New York Style Steak and Burger in their weekly subscriber email...

Oddly, the review title appears to give the restaurant only 3 stars out of 5, but the actual written review itself of the overall restaurant, not just their burgers, is very positive.

http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/bangkok-restaurant-reviews/new-york-style-steak-burger

post-58284-0-15592000-1435217767_thumb.j

BK Magazine or website or whatever it is led with a review of New York Style Steak and Burger in their weekly subscriber email...

Oddly, the review title appears to give the restaurant only 3 stars out of 5, but the actual written review itself of the overall restaurant, not just their burgers, is very positive.

http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/bangkok-restaurant-reviews/new-york-style-steak-burger

PS0682.jpg

Nothing odd about that. See the section explaining their star ratings here -http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/article/bk-magazine-restaurant-reviews-your-questions-answered

Thanks SoiBiker... I hadn't seen their rating scale before. Must say, kind of an odd scale they're using... Normally, you'd think 3 out of 5 means so-so.. But not with BK...

Three stars is a place we'd recommend. There might be issues here and there, but the whole package is very good.Four stars is as high as we, the reviewers, can go. It's for totally awesome places.Five stars is only for the annual Top Tables' top 10, which is voted on by a panel of foodies and industry experts.

Over a month and 250+ replies, I think that's enough for all of you to answer this thread's title and officially name the top 3 best burgers in Bangkok. Oh TVF burger experts, to whom do the bronze, silver, and gold prizes go to this year?

gold_silver_bronze_by_alaskaboy-d5q4mk7.

New burger serving places are opening all the time, and old ones periodically close and disappear.

There's no end to this topic... It's an ongoing quest of exploration, trial and judgment.

Well, given the title of the thread, it will end on 31 December 2015. laugh.png

New burger serving places are opening all the time, and old ones periodically close and disappear.

There's no end to this topic... It's an ongoing quest of exploration, trial and judgment.

I can't wait that long. Name the top three now.

I can't wait that long. Name the top three now.

Hungry huh?

Just guessing, but I've probably tried maybe one-quarter of the potential best hamburger places that might exist out there in BKK... And that's probably a pretty good share, as small as it is, compared to many of the folks posting here.

To offer an opinion that someplace is the BEST, with perhaps 3/4ths of the other places out there that I haven't tried as yet, would be pretty presumptuous and ill-founded.

The best I'm willing to say is, I'd go back someplace again for another of their burgers vs. I've tried it and don't feel the need for another.

So....I suppose it was inevitable I'd walk out of the Black Swan feeling hungry one evening and turn the wrong way.

Yes I had the El Gaucho burger last night.....a juicy affair....with a smoky flavour.....I got the bacon cheeseburger.....unfortunately it falls into the pile em high ...so high it won't fit in smokie's mouth style of burger.

You would think the chef might actually eat one once in a while.

So the verdict....good patty but fallsshort on actually being able to get it in my mouth....the chips were of the frozen thrown in the fryer type....for 1080 Baht including one bottle of Heineken that is appalling

post-78923-14357893482102_thumb.jpg

post-78923-14357893684455_thumb.jpg

So....I suppose it was inevitable I'd walk out of the Black Swan feeling hungry one evening and turn the wrong way.

Yes I had the El Gaucho burger last night.....a juicy affair....with a smoky flavour.....I got the bacon cheeseburger.....unfortunately it falls into the pile em high ...so high it won't fit in smokie's mouth style of burger.

So the verdict....good patty but fallsshort on actually being able to get it in my mouth....the chips were of the frozen thrown in the fryer type....for 1080 Baht including one bottle of Heineken that is appalling

Do they have loan officers standing by on-site to facilitate the transaction?

Also, I don't find Heineken to be that appalling. smile.png

Do they have loan officers standing by on-site to facilitate the transaction?

Also, I don't find Heineken to be that appalling. smile.png

Lol at least I wasn't looking for a steak....they have a defibrillator on standby for those customers!

I just don't understand what the attraction/interest is of chefs/owners in fixing their hamburgers in that mountain-type style -- which makes them pretty un-eatable, at least in any easy way.

Anytime I get a burger like that, my judgment of it automatically starts off in a hole.

I just don't understand what the attraction/interest is of chefs/owners in fixing their hamburgers in that mountain-type style -- which makes them pretty un-eatable, at least in any easy way.

Anytime I get a burger like that, my judgment of it automatically starts off in a hole.

Yes I know....far better to have a thinner patty that's oozing out of the sides of the bun.

The bun itself was good as was the bacon and in spite of me ordering it well done the burger wasjuicy and delicious.

Is it worth 800-900 Baht?

Not really when placed alongside the one on Soi 22.

I don't think I will be making a return trip.

I have recently moved to Hua Hin after several years living in BKK and used to swear by the El Gaucho Burgers but was a bit disappointed the other week when I went in. If my memory serves me right they used be 450 or 550 THB ++ which wasn't too bad. I still think the patties are really good but now at 790 baht ++ it is a bit high IMO, especially with the frozen chips as pointed out....no excuse for frozen chips when its so easy to get a few spuds and make some decent ones. I still bough a few of the burgers from their butcher shop to take home for the BBQ which were bloody lovely, but again price had gone up from 280THB to 320THB per patty.

I'm up in BKK again this weekend so will have to give the New York Steak joint a try on Suk 22.

I have recently moved to Hua Hin after several years living in BKK and used to swear by the El Gaucho Burgers but was a bit disappointed the other week when I went in. If my memory serves me right they used be 450 or 550 THB ++ which wasn't too bad. I still think the patties are really good but now at 790 baht ++ it is a bit high IMO, especially with the frozen chips as pointed out....no excuse for frozen chips when its so easy to get a few spuds and make some decent ones. I still bough a few of the burgers from their butcher shop to take home for the BBQ which were bloody lovely, but again price had gone up from 280THB to 320THB per patty.

I'm up in BKK again this weekend so will have to give the New York Steak joint a try on Suk 22.

I don't think there is much difference between the meat quality of both places....NYS&B is easier to eat and has far better chips....and of course considerably cheaper!

I don't think there is much difference between the meat quality of both places....NYS&B is easier to eat and has far better chips....and of course considerably cheaper!

I tried the Bacon Cheeseburger at NYS&B on Friday and thought it was very good, I actually prefer the thicker patty at Gauchos as thought the NYS&B beef taste was overpowered a little by the sauce, bread, salad etc. I still enjoyed it though and would definitely go back again, Gauchos definitely does not warrant the extra 400baht in price for their burger.

Archived