Avoiding police trap on corner of Huaykaew and the moat

konisaan

Sparkles,

Did you read my post where it said I wasn't complaining?

I was pointing out that it takes longer than 20 minutes. Some people don't like to ve corrected. Folkguitar implied it takes only 20 minutes... That is not correct. Then people talk like I referred to avoiding checkpoints- I never said that.

Sparkles,

I was pointing out that it takes longer than 20 minutes. Some people don't like to ve corrected. Folkguitar implied it takes only 20 minutes... That is not correct. Then people talk like I referred to avoiding checkpoints- I never said that.

Sparkles,

Yes of course I did.I am not criticising you or anyone else its everyone's choice.I just was pointing out the benefits of having a Thai licence and being legal and the fact that its simply a 2 hour,hassle free process .

The very fact that I can us my Thai licence on my annual trips back to Australia where I rent a car is in itself enough as I no longer pay for an Australian licence I don't use. Suggest everyone chill out.

must admit being driving car in cnx for 8years never ever been stopped, so annoying as I have everything up to date all the time,lol.

Consider yourself lucky... I've lived in CM for 4 months and have been stopped on my motorcycle 3 times and in my car 2 times... Each time resulting in a fine of some type...

must admit being driving car in cnx for 8years never ever been stopped, so annoying as I have everything up to date all the time,lol.

Consider yourself lucky... I've lived in CM for 4 months and have been stopped on my motorcycle 3 times and in my car 2 times... Each time resulting in a fine of some type...

Wow! 5 times in 4 months... must be working off some seriously bad Karma!

Can you tell us for what offenses you were fined? What laws did the police say you were violating?

So let me get this straight. This thread is about evading a police checkpoint. (Avoiding police trap on corner of Huaykaew and the moat)

If you have all the proper documents and are observing the law(s) (wearing a helmet, not driving illegally, etc.), then being stopped results in no action by the police (other than slightly delaying you).

So this thread is for those people who do not have the proper documentation (license, registration, etc.) and who are breaking one or more traffic laws (no helmet, driving while intoxicated, for example).

This is a very odd thread. How can we break the law(s) and avoid being caught. ...something seems somewhat amiss here.

If there were less people like you driving around there would be less need for traffic stops... coffee1.gif

Are we ever going to hear what these five fines were for?

can't see the issue what would you do in 'farangland'? you'de wear a helmet and have insurance and have a license

I have seen a wonderful change in chiang mai over last 5 years with most people wearing helmets now whereas before it was a rarity and if that saves lives and crippling injuries isn't that a good thing?