Thai Embassy in Tokyo issues 'good manner' rules for Thai tourists

webfact

Thai Embassy in Tokyo issues 'good manner' rules for Thai tourists
By Coconuts Bangkok

crowd_0.jpg

TOKYO: -- Contrasting Thai complaints about how our Chinese guests need manner training videos, turns out Japan may be feeling the same toward Thais.

Thailand’s Embassy in Tokyo issued a warning on Facebook for Thai visitors in Japan about maintaining appropriate manners during the cherry blossom season in Japan.

"The embassy would like to advise about common manners for viewing Sakura to Thai visitors to build a good reputation for Thai tourists in Japanese eyes," the statement read.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/01/thai-embassy-tokyo-issues-good-manner-rules-thai-tourists

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-01

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and hand it out for Japanese tourists in Thailand as well....

Why??

In general the Japanese, both expats and tourists, are behaving better than many other nationalities.

Beg to differ on that one. Had three Japanese consultant engineers in my office at one stage, they all spoke advanced English, large multi-national oil company.

The Japanese engineering consultants made no attempt to fit into the existing picture. Demanded the Thai staff behave like Japanese, expected priority treatment for everything never a thank you, and got angry because local Admin Mgr. and maid staff knew nothing about the correct food to buy for them and how to serve it.

• Like 1

Why??

In general the Japanese, both expats and tourists, are behaving better than many other nationalities.

A lot troubles with company holidays......sex parties with prostitutes everyone complete drunk, rising the Japanese war flag from 2nd Worldwar and being so noisy that the hotel calls the police.....

Happens from time to time, but Thailand usually keep it silent....

Needs to include do not steal, sorry,' take' everything not screwed down form the Hotel rooms they occupy, including expensive towels. My mrs does this in Bkk and I have known Thais to nip back up to the room on the pretense of forgetting something and empty the mini bar after check out wub.png At least they do not cook in the rooms, a common complaint against Indians, or shit anywhere dito the Chinese.

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

I can only assume its in retaliation for thailand own good manner book aimed at chinese

This was from the Thai government. These were rules posted by the Thai Embassy in Japan. It is not from the Japanese.

Why would Japan do something in retaliation on behalf of the Chinese anyway? That doesn't make any sense

Thai tourists do the same in Paris, they are in huge groups following their (thai) tourguide and in the Versailles Palace they all flock around the guide which is speaking in thai language.

They block the walkways and push other visitors away to hear their guide speaking. Many visitors were annoyed by that. Why they don't learn english and just mix in with the normal tours?

Also they like to sit everywhere all the time because they aren't used to walk/stand so much.

I like the Japanese these days, we'll have Japanese dinner tonight!

According to my well traveled wife, the Thais are just about as bad as the Chinese when they travel overseas. I suppose that it's the numbers of Chinese tourists compared Thai tourists traveling abroad that gives them the black eye. My Thai wife by the way is fluent in Japanese, did her Masters and PHD in Japan, and works for a Japanese company.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why??

Beg to differ on that one. Had three Japanese consultant engineers in my office at one stage, they all spoke advanced English, large multi-national oil company.

The Japanese engineering consultants made no attempt to fit into the existing picture. Demanded the Thai staff behave like Japanese, expected priority treatment for everything never a thank you, and got angry because local Admin Mgr. and maid staff knew nothing about the correct food to buy for them and how to serve it.

Sounds more like clarkson, may and hammond than three Japanese engineers

Why??

You're spot on with that comment scorecard; however on behalf of all Japanese tourists and Japanese working expats, I've never seen one of them them sit in a pub or restaurant and lay down a puddle of spit the size of a fried egg.

Edited by Local Drunk
  • Like 2

Instructions issued for Thai visitors viewing cherry blossoms in Japan

x1-4-2558-13-24-03-wpcf_728x413.jpg.page

BANGKOK: -- The Thai embassy has issued instructions for Thai tourists visiting Japan on how to enjoy and view the cherry blossoms or Sakura flowers in a proper way as the blossom season starts.

The instructions of “Dos and Don’ts” posted on the embassy’s Facebook, are aimed at helping Thai visitors enjoy the charm and beauty of the cherry blossoms in the way that respect the Japanese customs and traditions.

It said a large number of Thai tourists are expected to visit Japan during the cherry blossom season which starts this month.

This will help to bolster the image of Thai tourists in the eyes of the Japanese people, it said.

The code of behaviours and politeness are;

1. Don’t pick or hold the cherry tree branches
2. Don’t occupy unnecessary large space under blooming trees but only suitable size that fits the number of visitors and at permitted areas.
3. Lay sitting sheets a few metres away from tree roots to avoid hurting the trees.
4. Don’t consume too much alcoholic drinks.
5. Avoid making loud noises that could annoy other visitors in adjacent areas.
6. Don’t litter the place but separate and discard rubbish at arranged places.

Source: http://englishnews.t...ossoms-in-japan

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xwuNWP8G4
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-01

This is common sense and should count for any nationality visiting a country that is not there own. Ok I know some people dont have any common sense so I can understand the issue.

Why??

Japanese people are an incredibly snotty bunch. That type of elite snobbery is in every country, but I never cease to be awe-struck by how extreme it is in Japan and among Japanese folks outside Japan. Even for Japanese who are supposedly "integrated," it really seems it is more like they are content living with the stupid silly funny natives rather than "integrated."

Japanese people are very picky about how others behave in public, and it is a cultural tradition to complain about it and look for those being what they see as inappropriate.

I think it's a great lesson for many in Thailand to see Japan put out this list of etiquette after the Thai gov put out a list of etiquette to Chinese visitors.

• Like 1

A post containing foreign language has been removed. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

According to my well traveled wife, the Thais are just about as bad as the Chinese when they travel overseas. I suppose that it's the numbers of Chinese tourists compared Thai tourists traveling abroad that gives them the black eye. My Thai wife by the way is fluent in Japanese, did her Masters and PHD in Japan, and works for a Japanese company.

Your Thai wife is fluent in Japanese, did here Masters and PHD in Japan, but she married the Local Drunk ? giggle.gif

Why??

Japanese people are an incredibly snotty bunch. That type of elite snobbery is in every country, but I never cease to be awe-struck by how extreme it is in Japan and among Japanese folks outside Japan. Even for Japanese who are supposedly "integrated," it really seems it is more like they are content living with the stupid silly funny natives rather than "integrated."

Japanese people are very picky about how others behave in public, and it is a cultural tradition to complain about it and look for those being what they see as inappropriate.

I think it's a great lesson for many in Thailand to see Japan put out this list of etiquette after the Thai gov put out a list of etiquette to Chinese visitors.

There are plenty of stories from Japanese manager in a close by company in my country......

First the Japanese are very rude to the worker and order them to do impossible things and are shocked that the workers simply tell no....Than the labor union guy tells them what they can and what not....

Next step is...they don't leave office much and avoid any contact.

At some point they discover these small farmer-restaurants with the homebrew cider and start to like that. There they get friends with the labor. Integrate well and get loved by the labor.

At some point the Japanese headquarter orders them back and they just refuse to go back to Japan...tell their superior a clear "No".

When a new one comes the staff already knows how it will end a few years later....always the same....I would call it well integrated....