As many as 400,000 Chinese tourists are coming to Thailand this Songkran

webfact

As many as 400,000 Chinese tourists are coming to Thailand this Songkran

BANGKOK, 1 April 2015 (NNT) - According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand, as many as 400,000 Chinese tourists are coming to Thailand during the Songkran long holidays from April 11th - 15th.

Ms. Srisuda Wanapinyosak, the TAT's executive director for East Asia, said Thailand continues to draw attention from Chinese travelers even after the Chinese New Year’s period, which saw approximately 500,000 Chinese visiting the Kingdom.

She indicated that the number of flights booked to Thailand has already covered 95-110% of seat capacities, particularly on the Shanghai-Thailand route which sees 156 chartered flights accommodating 26,000 passengers in total.

Favorite destinations among the Chinese are Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Samui, and Phuket.

Meanwhile, Thai-Chinese Tourism Alliance Association (TCTA) Honorary President Wichit Prakobkosol said he anticipated a large number of Chinese travelers to visit Thailand, continuing the momentum from the Chinese New Year holiday in February.

At the same time, TAT Deputy Director on Domestic Marketing Anuphab Theerarat speculated that during the upcoming holiday, tourism would generate 14.5 billion baht in revenue, a growth of 26%. Out of that number, seven billion baht would come from domestic market and the remaining sum from foreigners.

Mr. Anuphab projected that the Songkran holiday season would see a total of 2.6 million visitors, of whom 2.15 million will be locals, an increase of 8%, and the remainder of 470,000 will be foreigners representing an increase of 39% from last year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-01 footer_n.gif

Excellent news. The Chinese will be able to report back to their local media as to the behaviour of the indigenous population during Songkran. Highlights to include:

- Drunk driving frequency

- Crowded roadways filled with dangerous drivers

- Aggressive and violent behaviour

- Unprovoked attacks with water solutions containing; ice water, urine, chill, ammonia, dye

- Inability to walk anywhere during main Songkran period, without being involuntarily soaked

Oh yes, let them come. I won't be here.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif030.JPG

I wonder how many will make it back to China alive ? Those that come overland by bus are at risk from minute one to reaching their own doorstep again in one piece. Then we have the normal occupational hazard of being around water louts, poisoned water from polluted Klongs/Moats etc and drunk drivers out to kill as many innocent's as possible during this 'joyful' period. This doesn't even include the latest chapter on Thai flagged 'flight safety' matters for those flying on Thai aircraft.

From my observations Chinese Tourists spend a lot of time standing in large groups in the middle of roads and even on railway lines (see photo) whilst they contemplate their next move, which makes them guaranteed targets for every imbecile that drives Trains, Trucks, Cars or Motorcycles.

In a way; they must all have some kind of perverted death wish !

And if they do happen to survive all of this they get to fly home with Thai Orient.
  • Like 2

attachicon.gif030.JPG

I wonder how many will make it back to China alive ? Those that come overland by bus are at risk from minute one to reaching their own doorstep again in one piece. Then we have the normal occupational hazard of being around water louts, poisoned water from polluted Klongs/Moats etc and drunk drivers out to kill as many innocent's as possible during this 'joyful' period. This doesn't even include the latest chapter on Thai flagged 'flight safety' matters for those flying on Thai aircraft.

From my observations Chinese Tourists spend a lot of time standing in large groups in the middle of roads and even on railway lines (see photo) whilst they contemplate their next move, which makes them guaranteed targets for every imbecile that drives Trains, Trucks, Cars or Motorcycles.

In a way; they must all have some kind of perverted death wish !

And if they do happen to survive all of this they get to fly home with Thai Orient.

It´s included in their "adventure packages".

GEE 400k more scamming toothy poverty stricken grass hoppers)) jeses wept ! i'm glad iam staying home in Khon Kaen , yuk )))))and to think a bloke spent a fortune to leave Australia to get away from the ''scam vasion'' only to find.............. it comes to us -------------is thier no escape ?????/

oh well with a bit of good luck, the wife said ''' well maybe bar women scam all idiot chows''' and the Russian mobster him take care of the rest )) lol i think she has it right , i like the way she thinks !

Thailands becoming a toilet for the ''unrefined '' along with the desperates '' , and the fingerless gloves crowd / '' the poverty budget patrons'' bloody disgrace !!!!

won't be seeing any of them in deep Isaan (no fake watches/jewelry/garments, no real land scape "around the corner", no Chinese food, but local markets abundant with garbage produce they churned out themselves in their little Chinese factories...)

Going to be hard for my thai wife!!! '' she hates the living sight of the chinese '' actualy '' thais don't like confrontation '' but hell doesnt' my wife give them a serve ''she pays right out on them.

I could not imagine to many chow grasshoppers, heading to upper Issan !

I think once they lose sight of the bangkok airport, they tend to go into ''withdrawls''

Why chinese would go to Thailand ????,, has me beat '' what's the purpose????? bugger of a race!! very inhospitable and dictatorial ''

leave em back in the rice paddies !

DOHHH''''

I don't care. The noise from the Thais was enough to motivate me to book my tickets to a country where Songkran isn't celebrated before I read this news. And not on a Thai airline either, really wanted to make sure it wouldn't be cancelled/banned. 400,000 Chinese to boot? I call this money well-spent :D

I was in 7/11 this morning and enquired as to the nature of a 1m high plastic cylinder newly stocked in the shop. I was told it's a 'spittoon'. Being April 1st I laughed and said it's a joke. The 7/11 assistant said certainly NOT.....it's because the Chinese are invading soon!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

GEE 400k more scamming toothy poverty stricken grass hoppers)) jeses wept ! i'm glad iam staying home in Khon Kaen , yuk )))))and to think a bloke spent a fortune to leave Australia to get away from the ''scam vasion'' only to find.............. it comes to us -------------is thier no escape ?????/

oh well with a bit of good luck, the wife said ''' well maybe bar women scam all idiot chows''' and the Russian mobster him take care of the rest )) lol i think she has it right , i like the way she thinks !

Thailands becoming a toilet for the ''unrefined '' along with the desperates '' , and the fingerless gloves crowd / '' the poverty budget patrons'' bloody disgrace !!!!

Going to be hard for my thai wife!!! '' she hates the living sight of the chinese '' actualy '' thais don't like confrontation '' but hell doesnt' my wife give them a serve ''she pays right out on them.

I could not imagine to many chow grasshoppers, heading to upper Issan !

I think once they lose sight of the bangkok airport, they tend to go into ''withdrawls''

Why chinese would go to Thailand ????,, has me beat '' what's the purpose????? bugger of a race!! very inhospitable and dictatorial ''

leave em back in the rice paddies !

DOHHH''''

Can one assume that you don't much care for them?

I was in 7/11 this morning and enquired as to the nature of a 1m high plastic cylinder newly stocked in the shop. I was told it's a 'spittoon'. Being April 1st I laughed and said it's a joke. The 7/11 assistant said certainly NOT.....it's because the Chinese are invading soon!!

lovely people;)