Thai Tourist Police crack down on 'the colored'

webfact

So the bit at the start of the sentence where they mention foreign criminals has no connection to the rest of the sentence?

That's a seriously bizarre reading of the text.

Have you read the OP? It says there are many criminal gangs in Thailand and tonight's target is coloured people. Implying what is later made clearer when the talk turns to hunting, that colour is a sign of criminality.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the quote is translated from Thai, I'd presume that the mention of criminals at the start was setting the subject, and the use of 'people' later in the sentence was as a classifier referring back to that subject.

Even without any knowledge of Thai grammar, though, it's clear that the speaker is talking about criminals.

Considering that the quote is translated from Thai, I'd presume that the mention of criminals at the start was setting the subject, and the use of 'people' later in the sentence was as a classifier referring back to that subject.

Even without any knowledge of Thai grammar, though, it's clear that the speaker is talking about criminals.

No. You want that to be the case, but its not what was reported.

That is what this thread is based upon, not your wishes.

In Amsterdam we pick up ALL thai every evening, just for the heck of it. Then we make them go wee in a little cup. Wrong colour = expulsion, back to the motherland.

The rest we whip back to their kitchens, to make us delightful Thai cuisine.

At a small price, ofcourse.

We know how to keep them under, those coloured bastards from the east!

We should gives Blues a break.

I could see how someone that is hypersensitive about racism & possibly has poor reading comprehension could find offence in the mistranslated article.

Whatever. It's high time those coloured folks were rounded up.

I'm not sensitive about racism, I just despise it and the ignorant bigots who defend it.

Make of that what you will.

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

Didn't take long for someone to use the race card.

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

72 racist... Likes... on the forum to date and counting....

Racial profiling and racism is for the ignorant. This clearly shows just how racist Thai society is. How and why they ever signed the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights is beyond me.

Considering my work which is internet based there is without question a problem with Nigerians but certainly not every Nigerian on the planet and therefore to target these people is again a pure act of racism.

Funny how the Thai women complain of being scammed. They should consider that it takes a special type of person to be scammed ... A) the very stupid and; cool.png the very greedy.

Be careful where you tread Suffinator.....coffee1.gif

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

Didn't take long for someone to use the race card.

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

And you know this how?

Oh my G8D Sufinator you have gone and done it now... Are you the UN's black advocate?

Sounds like some typical racist BS. But that said, still better than the US, at least here I would just get rounded up, piss in a cup and be on my way, Stateside the cops would shoot me and say the felt threatened. And look at some of the bigoted posts here. I wish you guys would wear special hats or something to let people know that you're racist scum.

Is there anything wrong with being racist??? Everyone is? Its like a sport; us verse them and them verses us. It always has been a 2 way street and it always will be.mfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ce.UuJWYpOV2uU

The "colored?" Seriously? Try using that term in the US and you'll have every wacko liberal in the country climbing up your ass!

Newsflash... It's not the US.

Anyway, the same is true for using the word "Christmas". 'Gave up caring about (not to mention being compliant with) their PC crap long ago.

There seems little point continuing any discussion with the Rainman of racism, given that he's reduced his position to a simplistic and ridiculous argument based on a selective reading of one sentence of the report.

"Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and deceiving Thai women, over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference."

Yeah, right.

Wrong again

The blacks arrested were drug dealers

The Thai police are doing a splendid job

keep up the good work

Hmmm, racial profiling! Stay classy, Thailand, because none of your own would deal drugs, now would they?

^ Either a blatant troll post or very little thought went into it.

Just because Thailand has it's own drug dealers it does not mean these Africans should be allowed to get away with their filthy trade.

I have been appraoched walking down Sukhumvit in broad daylight by these black drug dealers and offered drugs and women. The Thai police have every right to round them up and charge them if they are guilty of drug dealing and I hope they do, then deport the lot of them.

Thais are busted and charged for dealing every day, not like they are protected.

Does anyone know how many of the 72 detained had to be released later with no action by the police (i.e., no charges or "fines" or deportation)? I doubt a single one, although I'd guess some may have been able to pay their way out.

Just about anytime a black is arrested anywhere for anything in this day & age, the black exceptionalists will pipe up, moaning about racism and profiling and subjecting whatever authority happens to be involved to the warmest possible scrutiny and near-inescapable criticism. The facts will be what the black exceptionalists say they are, and that's what most of the media will report. And some moron at the UN or NGO will surely be found willing to contribute his 2c if it should align with his personal agenda or fee schedule. More & more among the public however have come to understand this reverse-racist agenda, and fewer & fewer take it seriously or are sympathetic with it because they realize it only serves to promote criminal activity by blacks and makes the general public less safe.

Here, the police actually managed to move in on what almost all of us readily recognize as a regular, open criminal activity by a well-recognized element of the foreign population, and predictably, the black exceptionalists are all atwitter. violin.gif But if you've sourced information showing that those rounded up in this instance turned out to be sidewalk preachers or encyclopedia salesmen or tourists buying wooden elephants to take back home, please feel free to share.

Outstanding. I am sick of this PC western nonsense. This is Asia and they have their own laws and ways to do things, mostly pragmatic. If you got a problem with the way they do things then just ignore them and go back and watch more CNN. Get you PC fix.

There seems little point continuing any discussion with the Rainman of racism, given that he's reduced his position to a simplistic and ridiculous argument based on a selective reading of one sentence of the report.

"Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and deceiving Thai women, over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference."

Yeah, right.

Wrong again

The blacks arrested were drug dealers

The Thai police are doing a splendid job

keep up the good work

"“...racist thought and action says far more about the person they come from than the person they are directed at.”

Chris Crutcher, Whale Talk"

This one's for you Pheat123.

Edited by Bluespunk

Wow such stunning insights.

Here's another just for you

"Children are the most honest critics. They will say 'You're funny', but also 'You're pathetic - go away.'

Dylan Moran"

Edit: I'm not your pal, something I am extraordinarily proud to be able to claim.

Also once more you are dragging this thread off topic. If you wish to continue this vain of ritual self humiliation then do so by the PM function.

Edited by Bluespunk

...racist thought and action says far more about the person they come from than the person they are directed at.

Thats hard. He means well.

I would say more like an annoying mosquito that buzzed your ear endlessly while trying to sleep.

We smack them around, we think they are finally gone and bbbbzzzzzz he's back.

...racist thought and action says far more about the person they come from than the person they are directed at.

Thats hard. He means well.

I would say more like an annoying mosquito that buzzed your ear endlessly while trying to sleep.

We smack them around, we think they are finally gone and bbbbzzzzzz he's back.

People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action.

Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience