How & where to dispose of good furniture, etc. when renovating

Not sure whether this is the right forum....

Apart from putting an ad in one of the local Pattaya Newspapers, does anyone know of other ways to dispose of and sell furniture, etc. due to moving or renovation? Obviously, I'd like to sell the good items.

Got any experience good or bad?

I would suģgest using Pattaya Auction House, friendly and very helpful auctionèr, Henry.

They have an auction every Wednesday, they can aŕange transport as well.

www.pattayaauctionhouse.com

Before anyone comments, I have no connection, other than as a very satisfied customer!

• Like 1

I would suģgest using Pattaya Auction House, friendly and very helpful auctionèr, Henry.

They have an auction every Wednesday, they can aŕange transport as well.

www.pattayaauctionhouse.com

Before anyone comments, I have no connection, other than as a very satisfied customer!

And there's Thai Visa - Classifieds (Miscellaneous) of course!

I'm not on FB (on general principles!) but sounds like a great idea in theory.

I wonder whether a used furniture/decor shop would be viable as a business as there don't seem to be any apart from the Auction House mentioned?? Maybe take things on commission basis?

I'll check out the TVF site.

I know there must be hundreds of people with items they'd like to dispose of and lots of folk looking for less expensive furniture to decorate a new condo/house. Those who move into a pre-decorated home and want a different "look" must need to dispose of the original stuff. When I think about it, where does all of this go? Is there some huge rubbish dump somewhere in Pattaya???

I'm not on FB (on general principles!) but sounds like a great idea in theory.

I wonder whether a used furniture/decor shop would be viable as a business as there don't seem to be any apart from the Auction House mentioned?? Maybe take things on commission basis?

I'll check out the TVF site.

I know there must be hundreds of people with items they'd like to dispose of and lots of folk looking for less expensive furniture to decorate a new condo/house. Those who move into a pre-decorated home and want a different "look" must need to dispose of the original stuff. When I think about it, where does all of this go? Is there some huge rubbish dump somewhere in Pattaya???

I have posted about a second hand shop before - on the road that joins Pattaya Tai and Thrappassit - Soi Bongkot or Korpai? As you go from Pattaya Tai it is three quarters of the way to Thrappassit on the left on a corner. Most of the stuff in it looks like junk and has been there for years but we sold some reasonable bits for a fair price some years ago.

They came round to look and took away so was quite painless - but I stress this was some years ago so not sure if they still work the same way.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a big second hand store in Na Jomtien. They are located on the left (heading toward Sattahip) on Sukhumvit around KM 161 or 162. Take some pix of what you want to dispose of and show it to them. The best part--they bring a truck and a couple of workers, pay you and get it out of the condo.