Fm radio

Rogergreybeard

They are both supposed to be coming back soon. That is once the powers that be are satisfied they can have renewed licences. 103 and 96fm.

Johng was right though. At present off the air and, who knows, they may be section 44 rd!cheesy.gif

I am surprised, well not really!, that the only stations that seem to be having license problems are the Farang ones. After the coup all stations were taken off air. Now the FM band is packed with Thai stations. I can only think of two reasons why this may be. Either all the Thai stations have already been granted their new licenses to broadcast legally and the powers that be are purposely delaying allowing the Farang stations back on air. Or, most of the Thai stations back on the air now are broadcasting illegally with no license but no action is taken against them because they are Thai. Whereas a Farang station would get a quick visit from the police and/or army. Either way it is wrong.

This is not quite true.

My missus is from Issan & that is the heartland of the redshirt. The powers that be shut massive amounts of local radio stations up there & most are still off line.

I am surprised, well not really!, that the only stations that seem to be having license problems are the Farang ones. After the coup all stations were taken off air. Now the FM band is packed with Thai stations. I can only think of two reasons why this may be. Either all the Thai stations have already been granted their new licenses to broadcast legally and the powers that be are purposely delaying allowing the Farang stations back on air. Or, most of the Thai stations back on the air now are broadcasting illegally with no license but no action is taken against them because they are Thai. Whereas a Farang station would get a quick visit from the police and/or army. Either way it is wrong.

Edited by SidJames

From my understanding all the Thai stations are also on limited licenses. I remember before the coup that FM in Pattaya was filled with radio stations , almost on top of each other, Not so many stations now, hopefully it will be sorted out soon .

From my understanding all the Thai stations are also on limited licenses. I remember before the coup that FM in Pattaya was filled with radio stations , almost on top of each other, Not so many stations now, hopefully it will be sorted out soon .

My radio must be more sensitive than yours. The Pattaya FM band is once again packed with Thai stations. Perfect condition for an offshore pirate to position itself in the bay. The same as happened in Europe during the 60's. No license needed

Why does anyone still listen to FM, the internet is awash with radio choices? TuneIn app on your phone, plugged into your car or home audio and who cares what the current Junta Du Jour decide can be broadcast

Why does anyone still listen to FM, the internet is awash with radio choices? TuneIn app on your phone, plugged into your car or home audio and who cares what the current Junta Du Jour decide can be broadcast

I connect the iPad to the car stereo and use the Australian Radio app. Usually listen to Nova or 4KQ from Brisbane.

My Dtac 3G connection is not stable enough , have lots of radio apps but after 15-20 minutes I have to reconnect,

My Dtac 3G connection is not stable enough , have lots of radio apps but after 15-20 minutes I have to reconnect,

I would suggest either change from DTAC or change your phone. Streaming audio isn't highly bandwidth intensive, in fact even an EDGE connection is enough, although that does push the bounderies