Flies going through the insect screen

Anthony5

Hey Anthony5, I have to admit, we found our cause. we tend to recycle and store used cans and bottles in a box near the back door. All cans, bottles, yogurt cups etc, are rinsed before they go into the box... But it seems, a fruit juice bottle, used and still with its plastic and metal ring pull cap was put the the box before being rinsed.

It was full of eggs and flies, but I still don't know how they got in and out with the cap on...

But they are small little blighters...

they get in through the smallest crack or crevice. My windows have been closed for 4 days now, and I still catch a few in the traps. They may be on my body when I walk outside, so that I carry them inside, or come under the windows or be from the eggs of the earlier days.

They are not annoying anymore, but there are still a few inside. My problem is that I'm surrounded with Cassava fields, and which attracts them.

fruit flies do you mean those tiny black ba--ards that bite.

my answer is get yourself a little mossy zapper[the ones with a floresant light] leave it on in the kitchen for 1night and you will see how many get in.any smell atracts them even around the dogs bum.

Thais call them all Malang Wee which are fruit flies. But there are sand flies in some areas here also, which bite just like in any country. Until they bite (and they sure can bite) they just look like fruit flies. Fruit flies are just infuriating and possibly nibble a bit at moisture around your eyes, nose, any scratch on your leg, (or attracted by the smell around your dogs bum.) But the sand flies when you visit areas where they live sure can bite & they leave little swellings just like a mozzie bite.