helmet advice needed

I have the Bimola Defender and put 3000km on it for almost a year now.

The steel strap lock part is rusty from my sweat but I think it is just a cosmetic issue and this would likely happen to any helmet with a carbon steel lock.

The internal sun visor is great.

I think for the money its a great helmet.

The liner parts are still in acceptable shape after several washings.

I will probably replace it after another year of sweating in it.

Thanks mate for the insights...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you can get an Evoline 3, which is the one, make that two, my wife has one too, for just under 11,000Bht. Money well spent.

Seems its made in Thailand. Nice helmet. I just bought a Caberg Duke which is also P/J dual-homologated, but the Evoline 3 looks much safer with the chin part flipped to be back. I would never ride the Caberg in open position. Its also not comfortable having so much weight over the head. I guess the Shark is more comfortable in open position either.

Shark Evoline 3:

216730_410_DET01_15.JPG?_ga=1.141196282.

Caberg Duke:

216711_410_FR05_15.JPG?_ga=1.184188654.9

Schuberth C3 Pro:

215062_410_FR02_14.JPG?_ga=1.112974796.9

Where in Bangkok or Somut Prakan can I get one of these helmets that can flip the chinbar back?

Looks like you can get an Evoline 3, which is the one, make that two, my wife has one too, for just under 11,000Bht. Money well spent.

Seems its made in Thailand. Nice helmet. I just bought a Caberg Duke which is also P/J dual-homologated, but the Evoline 3 looks much safer with the chin part flipped to be back. I would never ride the Caberg in open position. Its also not comfortable having so much weight over the head. I guess the Shark is more comfortable in open position either.

Shark Evoline 3:

216730_410_DET01_15.JPG?_ga=1.141196282.

Caberg Duke:

216711_410_FR05_15.JPG?_ga=1.184188654.9

Schuberth C3 Pro:

215062_410_FR02_14.JPG?_ga=1.112974796.9

I have been thinking about a modular that is easy to pack for trips where I rent a bike.

I like the small size of that Evoline3 folded but it has a 43% chance of an unlocked chinbar according to Sharp.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/shark-evoline-3

The Cabergs do better but are no more portable than a regular fullface.

My Real helmet weighs almost double my Shoei. That's a concern on rides over 1.5 hours. A lot of weight on neck and shoulders. But just fine for scooting around town at relatively slow speeds.