The Leo beer bottle design conspiracy!

It's the third time this has happened now! I think it is a conspiracy...

Singha beer is not a problem, same goes for Heineken and other brands..

Has anyone else experienced the problem of LEO beer bottles (stacked horizontally with bottle tops facing out) dropping out of the fridge when you open the door and smashing on the floor.

I think they have designed their bottles in such a way that their center of gravity leans towards dropping out of the fridge and smashing the contents on the kitchen floor..

Can somebody confirm this is not just me :-)

Rant Over!

Wrong forum, moved to PUB.

27) Additional forum rule for the "General forum": It is a forum for general interest & discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums. The General Forum is not a place for chit chat, banter and daily life observations. Those sort of topics should be placed in the Farang Pub sub forum.

I have Leo stacked horizontally in my fridge, never had such a problem.

Yes possibly your fridge is leaning forward, or your shelf is.

Important is that the shelf is horizontal (or even leaning back slightly) and that the shelf protrudes out beyond the bottle tops.

(ie the bottles do not overhang the shelf edge). Leo bottles have a different shape in that they start to narrow at the middle rather than higher.

Also are you double height stacking or triple, or quadruple, that would also soon become unstable.

(Always stack top pointing out, if you stack with the top pointing left or right they can roll and therein lies the problem.)

I wait with baited breath for the conclusion and findings of this important investigation. Far more important than hearing about our f*d-up world. You know ISIS, Nth Korea, Obama etc.

I had the very same problem...

after giving it considerable thought....I decided to drink the beer before putting it in the fridge.

either that or adusting the two font legs of the fridge so it tilts backwards.

also, I found a connection between this conspiracy and the JFK assassination.

Edited by slipperylobster

......Damn, listen lamebrain, stack the bottles as they were intended to be. straight up and down. If your refrigerator is to small, get a bigger one. I have a full American size refrigerator, and by removing one shelf in the center, you can stack them up right as they were intended to be.

Otherwise by them by the can. Which by the way is the most convenient way to fridge beer. And don't tell me beer taste better out of a bottle than a can. We did a blind fold test, and the difference can not be detected.

Edited by Daniel Ingalls

We had a saying in Saudi Arabia which went: 'To make a mistake once is typically human, to make the same mistake again (and again) is typically Arabic'. Perhaps I should rephrase it a bit!

However, what I would love to know why does the label on Leo Beer have a Leopard on it? Does Leo not allude to a lion?

• Like 1

We had a saying in Saudi Arabia which went: 'To make a mistake once is typically human, to make the same mistake again (and again) is typically Arabic'. Perhaps I should rephrase it a bit!

However, what I would love to know why does the label on Leo Beer have a Leopard on it? Does Leo not allude to a lion?

What's the first three letters in Leopard?

• Like 1

Bottles were designed to stand on end. Jeez.

I'd immediately spend a few seconds considering the possible differences in shape of the bottles. If I remember correctly, which would be considered by many to be at least unusual, there is a barrel effect in play here. However, yes, at the end of the day, the bottles were meant to stand. I like deep imponderables. Keep them coming.

...at the end of the day, the bottles were meant to stand. I like deep imponderables. Keep them coming.

Solution: put the bottles in the refrigerator in the morning and drink the beer before the end of the day.

Your fridge is learning forward.

That is possible... but why only LEO beer?

I had the same problem but sorted it by standing the bottles upside down on there tops-you see what happens is all the alcohol (the heavy bit) sinks to the bottom therefore preventing them falling over.................laughable but try it- it workswhistling.gif