Pattaya vows to complete Second Road resurfacing before Songkran

Rimmer

Pattaya vows to complete Second Road resurfacing before Songkran

n3Progress1.jpg

PATTAYA:--City officials are promising to complete the long-running resurfacing of Second Road before Songkran.

The four-kilometers resurfacing project, which began in July, still has a kilometer to go. The road from in front of the Tiffany Show through the Dolphin Roundabout remains pock-marked and bumpy, leading to complaints from residents about the long delay and its impact on safety and tourism.

Contractor Norbrid Limited broke the job into 20 stages, but halted work from December through February for high season and its many festivals.

Suntorn Sompramai, director of the Construction and Engineering Office, said that he noticed that many residents are complaining about the road works because they operate during the day and night. Their goal is to complete the road works before the Songkran festival.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-vows-to-complete-second-road-resurfacing-before-songkran-45993#sthash.s40dt85L.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-04-03 footer_n.gif

Just before the junction of 2nd Road and Pattaya Klang, the deep 'holes' left by not raising the ironwork have been dealt with - they have just tarmaced over the ironwork rendering the drain ineffective !!

As always with Pattaya, bad work, bad oversight, bad inspection at completion, and bad maintenance once the work is done. With the right modern equipment this should have been a 3 or 4 week job.

Well if you are going to compare it to 1st world....you should also be complaining about lack of steel toe boots (or often any boots at all) and other typical construction rules in 1st world. In other words, this is not the 1st world. Get past it and live with it or move somwhere else.

Labor is cheap. It's not a big deal to do stuff half assed and then just do it again and again to fix the mistakes. These guys, from the planners all the way down to the grunts make a fraction what the equivalent workers would make in the west. If they made more money then guess what...taxes and fees for various things go up etc. and eventually it gets back to you somehow in the form of higher rent or whatever. Think about that. There is good and bad in everything.

Edited by lapd

Second road is pretty bad, perhaps I am behind the times a little as I avoid it for that reason. Two or so weeks ago I got a good jolt on the bike caused by a drain cover.....

Pattaya traffic situation and roads are failing fast, large scale underinvestment and planning, idiotic projects like pedestrian lights and widening of Beach Rd to accommodate market stalls. Failed initiatives like getting baht buses to stop at designated stops and remove parked hire motorcycles. The first really serious project since the motorway extension (simply getting more traffic in really, with nowhere for it to go), that is the tunnel and we wonder if that will be a real benefit. It is certainly causing more traffic snare-ups. I live out of town and can see the impact there, Hwy 36 busy, junctions on the Railway line bypass blocked by stalled vehicles.

Still, probably better than driving in Bangkok, and we got a beach!

Second road is pretty bad, perhaps I am behind the times a little as I avoid it for that reason. Two or so weeks ago I got a good jolt on the bike caused by a drain cover.....

Pattaya traffic situation and roads are failing fast, large scale underinvestment and planning, idiotic projects like pedestrian lights and widening of Beach Rd to accommodate market stalls. Failed initiatives like getting baht buses to stop at designated stops and remove parked hire motorcycles. The first really serious project since the motorway extension (simply getting more traffic in really, with nowhere for it to go), that is the tunnel and we wonder if that will be a real benefit. It is certainly causing more traffic snare-ups. I live out of town and can see the impact there, Hwy 36 busy, junctions on the Railway line bypass blocked by stalled vehicles.

Still, probably better than driving in Bangkok, and we got a beach!

Infrastructure always lags development. When they put up a big new development or housing project or whatever that almost always goes in first...then the traffic get's bad and a few years later they fix that....maybe. So don't see anything different in this case. When you have rapid development like in Pattaya then the lag will seem much more pronounced.