Do you wear socks with your sandals?

Its not trendy to wear socks with sandals.

You are 50/60/70 do you even remember what trendy means ?

Get with the times granddad.

I'm more trendy than you will ever be, son.

All my clothes are designer labels.(M&S)

Even my socks are Calvin Klein.

Even my wife is a hi-so, half Chinese half Thai that speaks fluent Lao.

And her father was the proud owner of 4 buffaloes.........yes 4 of them.

Beat that, son......................

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 2

I wear socks with my sandals or sometimes trainers, when I am in Bangkok or Pattaya, every time I go out at night, I keep about 1000 Bt down them to foil those

ladyboy pickpockets, or any other pick pockets.

Yes, but the pick sockets will fleece you in no time.

Only if I want to look like a nerd! I sometimes admit to wearing a knotted handkerchief on my bonce if I have forgotten my hat, but as a Brit, that is excusable. A tradition handed down from when sitting on the beach became popular. And of course Wimbledon tennis and cricket, if you were lucky enough to catch the sun that is?coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Especially in Thailand where you have to take your sandals off when you go to a house.

Also my feet don't pick up all the dirt of the road.

"Also my feet don't pick up all the dirt of the road."

No, but your socks do, plus they would get sodden during the rains or if you trek though sewers in your wanderings. Bare feet (in sandals) can be wiped or rinsed off in a worst case scenario before entering the house. Socks would just smear it around or release the encapsulated odor of your feet and the sheep who sacrificed it's coat to make your Argyles ... no matter how trendy the salesman told you that you'd look.

I'm the cool guy on the right. Control yourselves, ladies.

T

• Like 1

I'm more trendy than you will ever be, son.

All my clothes are designer labels.

Even my socks are Calvin Klein.

Even my wife is a hi-so, half Chinese half Thai that speaks fluent Lao.

And her father was the proud owner of 4 buffaloes.........yes 4 of them.

Beat that, son......................

WOW!! Really impressed!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Yesterday someone with a suspiciously low post count posted the perpetual, 'Is the farang word derogatory?' thread.

Then someone similarly post-challenged asked the perpetual, 'What's a Yellow Book for?' thread.

So just when I reckoned TV has a whole server full of Bots recycling dross just to make click-bait, along comes Costa's with the "Third Key to Nirvana" question about socks and sandals.

Just to keep this one ticking over, how about the esteemed memberships opinions on...

"Wearing Crocs with socks - Crime of the Century?

That should get the TV fashion police all sweaty in the fork. Have at it lads!

Yes, I always wear socks with sandals and for once, I agree with the fashion Nazis - it looks absolutely ridiculous!

It is, however, very practical. The sandals keep the feet relatively cool and the socks keep them clean. Like Costas, I have a bit of an obsession about clean feet and always wear socks around the house so I guess the sandals thing is just an extension of that.

I wear socks with shoes and I will not drive a car or m'bike with flip flops. I think it dangerous.

Also, like an earlier poster, I wear socks around the house in the evening as I have discovered mosi's seem to like feet.

In the evening with pants I will wear socks in my sandals, I have bad neuropathy and don't feel my feet so it's a little bit more protection. I also wear diabetic socks so yes in the evening I wear socks with sandals, not to the beach in daytime.

This from MSN

post-199383-0-32517600-1428119054_thumb.11 style rules to break right now

Rule # 8: Don't Wear Socks With Sandals

This one's gotten a lot of attention lately, and for good reason. It's not easy to pull off, but if you do, you'll be the coolest guy at the campfire sing-along. Stick to robust sandals, like Birkenstocks, and equally chunky socks. This will ground your look and remind people that even though you're wearing sandals, you're still wearing footwear for fit for a man.

Marni spring/summer 2015; Jil Sander spring/summer 2015; Ermenegildo Zegna spring/summer 2015/Marcus Tondo/Indigital Images.

Not only will I, at times, wear socks with sandals (especially if I have blisters or some foot ailment)....

...but I will, at times, put ice in my beer as well.

However, I do not do both travesties simultaneously. I think that would be too crude.

Edited by slipperylobster

I remember 40 years ago in the tourist hotspots of Europe, the locals used to joke about how they could always spot the Dutch tourists because they wore woollen socks with their sandals.....

I guess there are some things which will never be in fashion.

I used to wear white socks with my sandals but when I got a bit older I went with the beige colored socks with my ... dress sandals ... This way the socks don't scream out "Here I am!!!" But Yes, it's still socks with Sandals...

But seriously I wear them because:

1. Wearing socks keeps the inside of the sandal (where the bottom of the foot touches the sandal) cleaner for a longer period of time.

2. When I'm a guest at someone's house and take off my sandals, I'm not wandering in their house barefoot.

post-228791-0-21789700-1428120730_thumb.

Edited by GotSeoul

I used to wear white socks with my sandals but when I got a bit older I went with the beige colored socks with my ... dress sandals ... This way the socks don't scream out "Here I am!!!" But Yes, it's still socks with Sandals...

1. Wearing socks keeps the inside of the sandal (where the bottom of the foot touches the sandal) cleaner for a longer period of time.

2. When I'm a guest at someone's house and take off my sandals, I'm not wandering in their house barefoot.

sorry, that looks terrible and funny too lol,

sorry, that looks terrible and funny too lol,

Haha, yes I took this pic in Phuket around 2007 to be a bit funny for my friends that make fun of my sandals and socks. :-)

Only read the headline and the OP. Seriously, there are a lot of people on here, with obviously too much time on their hands, and leading a pretty boring, monotonous lifestyle. Get a life!!

ps, hate sandals and socks...

I don't.

I have a Canadian buddy with bleached-white legs that insists on black socks with his sandals.

He says it "accentuates his white skin" in Thailand & the women love it........ OK.

Looks goofy as hell to me though.

P1150503+%25282%2529.jpg

IMHO, THESE are the only types of socks that look good with sandals.

ruffled-ankle-socks-p11574-5950_thumb.jp

Another slow news day in Khon Kaen is it Costas? I only thought it was the Poms and not Greeks who dressed in this stylish manner. But then, don't the Greek men wear long socks with their traditional dress?. Just asking.

Maybe i would have done had i not seen my daughter elbowing my ex-wife (I was walking behind them) and sniggering at the same time while we were out for a stroll one day. The object of their amusement was a man walking in front of them wearing socks and sandals.

This from MSN

attachicon.gifSocks+Sandals.jpg11 style rules to break right now

Rule # 8: Don't Wear Socks With Sandals

This one's gotten a lot of attention lately, and for good reason. It's not easy to pull off, but if you do, you'll be the coolest guy at the campfire sing-along. Stick to robust sandals, like Birkenstocks, and equally chunky socks. This will ground your look and remind people that even though you're wearing sandals, you're still wearing footwear for fit for a man.

Marni spring/summer 2015; Jil Sander spring/summer 2015; Ermenegildo Zegna spring/summer 2015/Marcus Tondo/Indigital Images.

Great advice when you are 10 stone, 22, and 180cm tall.