Hitting a Nerve

Seems I've hit a nerve.

Really folks, it's just a forum for passing a bit of time. Why do some take it so life-and-death seriously?

In the last week, I have had several visits to my profile page from members who have just signed up. Zero posts, or one or two posts, to their names. At the same time, three other members who didn't like my post(s) in "Leaving Thailand For Good," also showed up. Again, and again.

Also coincidentally no doubt, aggressive posts (which I never saw) were made against me by members with a single post count (I am told by other, more mature and friendly members) and deleted by mods.

So apparently certain members have signed up under new names, just to stalk me.

laugh.png

I think if you live in Thailand and are giving opinions of life in Thailand from a personal point of view, and people think you're a tosser, it might bother you,.............. but it won't bother you too much will it, seeing how you are thousands of Km's away and don't live in Thailand.

It's true that a lot of posters are moaning and complaining about the littlest of things, maybe it's also true that some are out to get you, but that's the internet for you. Some people somehow enjoy enraging a person they've never even met before. Don't give in to it, internet business should not be taken as serious business.

internet-serious-business.jpg

• Like 1

To be fair, all that analysis of the statistics kind of makes it sound like you're the one taking the forum a little too seriously.

Yes, my few minutes writing a reply as to why I don't want to die in Thailand, is tantamount to spending hours signing up under other user names that are used to stalk.

Uh-huh.

I can always tell when you are right behind me, SoiBiker. I can hear the playing cards in your spokes.

I think if you live in Thailand and are giving opinions of life in Thailand from a personal point of view, and people think you're a tosser, it might bother you,.............. but it won't bother you too much will it, seeing how you are thousands of Km's away and don't live in Thailand.

Wouldn't, and doesn't, bother me a bit under either scenario. I find it sadly humorous. And it goes a long way in proving my point: retiring in Thailand can be boring.

Alot of times after reviewing a thread and trying to go back to the top to see other threads I find myself trespassing on someone's profile I have no interest in.....It started a couple of months back when a glut of new advertising started on TV....as a matter of fact this is my second try at this answer as it keeps trying to put me into the learn Thai from a white guy portal..... I am about to give up TV because of it....the left/right turns aren't needed/wanted/appreciated. …

I know what you are referring to, but these aren't wrong turns. These are a few select members who cannot have anyone so much as critique Thailand, who have gotten together and created new user profiles for the purpose of stalking. They repeatedly return to the profile page.

Oh, and they took away stars! cheesy.gif How will I make it through the day?

I don't believe he's that accomplished......Maybe his wife put them on for him to help make him feel empowered......kind of a "bridge" of suport ...

???

"Spoking" for - in the cards....

Wouldn't, and doesn't, bother me a bit under either scenario. I find it sadly humorous. And it goes a long way in proving my point: retiring in Thailand can be boring.

Yep, I'm living in Thailand and wishing I was in the States, I miss the violence, it's a cross I have to bear............

• Like 2

Yep, I'm living in Thailand and wishing I was in the States, I miss the violence, it's a cross I have to bear............

Don't beat yourself up over it ….

Dang, you're good.

Unfortunately, HeijoshinCool's School of Ordnance Disposal is closed for renovations.

But keep checking our website, the wife is rebuilding it all while I'm off cashing the monthly check to buy some Falstaff.

post-160749-0-83325200-1428098134_thumb.

Edited by HeijoshinCool
  • Like 1

I've said it before and now I'll say it again, I've never met a miserable rich Farang in Thailand but i've met a ton of broke Farangs on the bones of their azz who do nothing but complain, then, as a last resort, they try to get a teaching job to prolong their misery.

Never seen it before, but I think you are spot on.

I think there is a thread dedicated to the online stalkers.

What's it called? "I Have No Life?"

I called it dear online stalker.

Exactly the same thing was happening to us. Weirdos out there mate.

• Like 1

I think there is a thread dedicated to the online stalkers.

What's it called? "I Have No Life?"

I called it dear online stalker.

Exactly the same thing was happening to us. Weirdos out there mate.

At least they're easy to spot.

Dang, you're good.

Unfortunately, HeijoshinCool's School of Ordnance Disposal is closed for renovations.

But keep checking our website, the wife is rebuilding it all while I'm off cashing the monthly check to buy some Falstaff.

Haha. nice one. thumbsup.gif

So you must be the American with a sense of humor, it was rumored there was one, but I never believed it.

You just hit a nerve with me creating a thread about yourself.

Who ever checks their profile to see who has visited? Man you have some time on your hands.

I rarely check profile unless to confirm a newly minted troll. However, just hovering mouse or fingertip gets me there often inadvertently.
  • Like 1