How do I get discounts at 7-11?

tuonsai

I notice a lot of signs in thai with the Rilakkuma character about some discounts,

and read about some stamps at 7-11. Would someone be kind enough to describe how

the system works? Also what's with the Rilakkuma and 7-11? Is that the official mascot or something ?

Thanks

Same on Tesco for around 30 stamp You got something free a small item for play for children but the discount is so little that was only removed a hand full of Bhat on final bill

In other words waste of time , not need bonus stamps only peanuts!

Okay thanks, however they have the 7-11 select coffee mix for 10 baht with a discount somehow,

otherwise it's 15 baht. I drink this all the time so do you know how I could get the discount ? It's written in thai next to

the coffee machine.

They're on and off with this promotion. Basically if you buy goods at 7-11 you get little stamps, each is worth 1,3, or 5 baht. You can use these stamps in place of real money to buy goods from 7-11, except for alcohol and tobacco. If you have collected a certain amount, let's say 50 stamps or more, you can exchange them for a gift such as an umbrella or lunchbox or something.

Get a member card you get points for the gifts no verbal interaction needed at the counter, transactions always quick want to top up just wave the amount and card at cashier before they start checking goods .As for the coffee just get it go to the counter with 10 baht coin sure staff will try to explain the deal.

• 11 months later...

Okay thanks, however they have the 7-11 select coffee mix for 10 baht with a discount somehow,

otherwise it's 15 baht. I drink this all the time so do you know how I could get the discount ? It's written in thai next to

the coffee machine.

Ok at the moment (March 2016) you will see that a high number of products in 7-11 have a lower than normal price stated. In order to get the reduced price you need to buy items worth 40 baht or more (excluding bill payments, alcohol, mobile top ups), and then after you pay you will get your receipt for these things.

If you look at the bottom of the receipt you will see a number in very large, bold font at the bottom of the receipt. This number says how many reduced items you are entitled to buy when you show the receipt when making your next purchase.

The number itself will generally be 1 if you spend 40 baht, 2 if you spend 70 baht, 3 if you spend 100 baht and so on.

Hope that helps