Possible to make 90-day report in another city?

We live in Chiang Mai, but are stuck in Bangkok for the next couple of weeks on business.

My wife's 90-day report is due very soon in Chiang Mai.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the report in Bangkok? And if so, would we need proof of our address, like our Chiang Mai home lease?

Thanks,

pj

I'm moving this to the Visa forum for the gurus there to answer. My understanding your 90 day must be done in the region you obtained your extension of stay. But will let the more knowledgeable mods answer.

• Like 2

Prior to the first of the year you could do your 90 day reports at any immigration office if you had a local address to put on the TM47. But immigration has changed the rules. You can only do it where you got your extension or at an office where you have registered your new address after moving.

Doing the report by mail to CM is probably the best option. The online reporting is still a maybe and if it did not go through to completion there would not be enough time to do a mail report.

I stand corrected, I guess I have been lucky in the past just walking in to Samui and other stations and using my bungalow address... hopefully soon 90 day online for Mac.

Before you could do it but not now. In fact Samui has been reported as enforcing the new rule.

There has been a report of accessing the online report with Chrome on a Mac. I suspect there may also be an extension for Safari that would let you do it also.

I managed to get a response from a visa agent we have used in Chiang Mai. She contacted CM Immigration, who told her we can do the report in Bangkok, but only if we can prove our address in Bangkok - which we are able to do.

The reason that mailing it in to Chiang Mai is not an option is that we came down here to sell a condo, and that has taken longer than anticipated, and now that it is sold, she will need her passport to make the property transfer - and meanwhile, her 90-day report is due on the 13th. However, we are told that we can report up to seven days after that date without incurring a penalty, which gives us some breathing space. We, in the meantime, will try to make the report here in Bangkok.

Thanks to all for the responses.

pj

If you can now do it on line or at any 7/11 in the country it really doesn't make a lot of sense that if you do it in person you have to do it at the office that issued the extension. But making sense and Thai Immigration is an oxymoron!

If you can now do it on line or at any 7/11 in the country it really doesn't make a lot of sense that if you do it in person you have to do it at the office that issued the extension. But making sense and Thai Immigration is an oxymoron!

You cannot do 90 day reports at 7/11.

I managed to get a response from a visa agent we have used in Chiang Mai. She contacted CM Immigration, who told her we can do the report in Bangkok, but only if we can prove our address in Bangkok - which we are able to do.

The reason that mailing it in to Chiang Mai is not an option is that we came down here to sell a condo, and that has taken longer than anticipated, and now that it is sold, she will need her passport to make the property transfer - and meanwhile, her 90-day report is due on the 13th. However, we are told that we can report up to seven days after that date without incurring a penalty, which gives us some breathing space. We, in the meantime, will try to make the report here in Bangkok.

pj

You don't mail the passport in - you make a photocopy and mail the photocopy.

• Like 1

pj

PJ.

You don't have to send the passport when reporting by mail, just a copy, but you're too late for that as it needs to be sent 15 days before the due date.

Ignore the above 7/11 comment. That was and April fools joke.

I assume CM Immigration are telling you to notify a change of address to Bangkok Immigration. If you do that you will have to change it again when you get back to CM.

If you don't think you'll get back to CM before the 20th then the best option is for your wife to do an online report using the CM address. But I believe that has to be done at least 7 days before the due date (13th) which means she needs to do it over the next couple of days.

Wayned you will look like a right April Fool trying to do a 90 day report in 7-11.

Wayned you will look like a right April Fool trying to do a 90 day report in 7-11.

And besides, there are long lines of retired expats lined up at 7 Eleven....and no parking. Looks like CM Immigration now, anyways.

• Like 2

You just mail it in, or do it online. It does not matter where you are... Your address doesn't change just because you leave town for a few weeks.

My Immigration office is in Phitsanulok, the one nearer to me in Nakhon Sawan would not allow me to do 90 day reporting there.

I was told I must go to Pkitsanulok.

You cannot do 90 day reports at 7/11.

That was a posters April Fool joke.

hi can any one tell me I am moving to korat but my 90day reporting is in pattaya if I mail in my 90day report with my address in pattaya will they send it back to me at the address in pattaya? or should I tell them I have moved to korat? would I have to put my new address on the tm27 form to get it returned to me in korat or what?

hi can any one tell me I am moving to korat but my 90day reporting is in pattaya if I mail in my 90day report with my address in pattaya will they send it back to me at the address in pattaya? or should I tell them I have moved to korat? would I have to put my new address on the tm27 form to get it returned to me in korat or what?

If you are moving to Korat permanently you should do a TM28 change of a address form at immigration there then do you 90 day reports to them.

If you mail it to Pattaya you would need an an address for there on the TM47 form and on the return envelope or they would not accept it.

Side Note.. Kap Choeng Immigration is now saying if your extension does not say issued by KCI it will accept a yellow house book which list your address in Buriram or Surin.

\Might be a good reason to check with Korat on their requirements.

Edited by khwaibah

hi I have be told at pattaya that I have to report where I done my retirement visa, so your saying if I report to korat with my new address I will be able to do it there? what else would I have to show them other than the change of address form?thanks

If you are moving to Korat permanently you should do a TM28 change of a address form at immigration there then do you 90 day reports to them.

If you mail it to Pattaya you would need an an address for there on the TM47 form and on the return envelope or they would not accept it.

Seems I asked this question before...and you could mail in from anywhere...if you were traveling. (we are on the road a lot...which I suppose now makes us tourists instead of long staying residents with an address). I gave up on the tourists visas and got my retirement extension...but we are still square pegs in a round hole, for reporting.

What I hear is that things changed. Need to mail from where you live, even if you are out of town. That means you either fly back and mail from the town of your residence, or just mail that envelope inside another envelope to somebody you know in that town, who will then mail it from that town to the local immigration. Not an obstacle at all, except you depend on a 3rd party. The fine is 2000 if it is late? the flight is 2000 if you go there. No jail time... so up to you, I suppose.

Otherwise....online...as we were told...that would be available this month.

Edited by slipperylobster

"or at any 7/11 in the country "

Just use 711

Ummm ... that "report" was an April Fool's joke.

Edited by Suradit69

chris1010, on 04 Apr 2015 - 19:10, said:chris1010, on 04 Apr 2015 - 19:10, said:

hi I have be told at pattaya that I have to report where I done my retirement visa, so your saying if I report to korat with my new address I will be able to do it there? what else would I have to show them other than the change of address form?thanks

The new ruling means you must do your 90 day reports at the Immigration office that issued your extension, UNLESS you move to a new permanent address in another province.

In that case you should complete a TM28 (change of address)

A TM30 (House owners notification of alien residing at that address.

These should be submitted at Korat within 24 hours of your move, to comply with the regulations.

For the change of address, I recommend you take the following documents.

1, Completed Form TM 28.

2. Passport + Copy of Homepage showing given names / Passport number / Hologram etc, plus

- Current Visa or

- Last Extension stamp and

- Last Entry Stamp

3. Copy of House owners Tabian Ban ( signed by the owner)

4. Copy of House owners ID card. (signed by the owner)

5. Rental Agreement + Copy (If rented)

6. Map detailing Address + Copy

7. Original TM 6 Departure Card + Copy

9 Completed form TM30

Once they have changed your address on the database you can submit the TM47 and do your report at the same time, assuming your within the periods of submission.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 2

Got me a surprise last I should enroll 90 d on TM47 up here in Khon Kane. My blue book says I address in my own apartment in Pattaya, but since I'm married to a lady here in Khon Kaen so we also own homes up here too. Modest was that I was going to follow new rule traveled back to Pattaya to deliver mediation where according regulation after 1 jan.2015. So every time we now move on us between these two places I must meet up with my wife to deliver Tm 28 which provides a new address in the imigration PC here in KK. We live, however the hotel so it's ok to move on since these are notifiable to all who live there. Since we live in Thailand permanently likes to move us so this becomes problem in length, and when asked about getting a Yellow Book in KK so the answer was that this did not change our problem so then so. Tourism as tourist Okay, but even I'm retired full time and live here so one should not own anything themselves, but leave it on the wife. :-(

7/11? Haha, you were well and truly sucked in on that one...ok ok, sorry, you go try at 7/11, let us know how you got on, will be a laugh

You can do the 90 day report by registered mail if you still have 2 weeks before the deadline.

Or you can try the online report that should be working by now : http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Good luck

What's with that link? It doesn't work in chrome or firefox browsers. It says it only works in explorer. Go to that and it says it can't find the page. Anyone having those issues?

You can do the 90 day report by registered mail if you still have 2 weeks before the deadline.

Or you can try the online report that should be working by now : http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Good luck

What's with that link? It doesn't work in chrome or firefox browsers. It says it only works in explorer. Go to that and it says it can't find the page. Anyone having those issues?

Topic with full details on it here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/