Possible to make 90-day report in another city?

If you can now do it on line or at any 7/11 in the country it really doesn't make a lot of sense that if you do it in person you have to do it at the office that issued the extension. But making sense and Thai Immigration is an oxymoron!

Extreme humor, or posting increase attempt?

biggrin.png

Other than my inclusion of the April Fools comment about 7-11, how does it make any sense that If the office that I use is in Nakhon Nowhere that I can sit in a hotel in Samui and do my report on line but can't go into the office in Nathon and do the report.

By the way it was successful attempt as the count increased by 1 and now another 1 which automatically loads into an excel program that generates a new graph which pops up on my monitor!

Seems I asked this question before...and you could mail in from anywhere...if you were traveling. (we are on the road a lot...which I suppose now makes us tourists instead of long staying residents with an address). I gave up on the tourists visas and got my retirement extension...but we are still square pegs in a round hole, for reporting.

What I hear is that things changed. Need to mail from where you live, even if you are out of town. That means you either fly back and mail from the town of your residence, or just mail that envelope inside another envelope to somebody you know in that town, who will then mail it from that town to the local immigration. Not an obstacle at all, except you depend on a 3rd party. The fine is 2000 if it is late? the flight is 2000 if you go there. No jail time... so up to you, I suppose.

Otherwise....online...as we were told...that would be available this month.

I have not seen anything to suggest that one must mail in the 90 report from the place where you live. You should mail it to Immigration office where you live - that much is clear - but the place from which it's mailed hasn't been a topic I've seen broached previously.

You can mail in a 90 day report to your home immigration office from anywhere in the country. But you must have your home address on the TM47 form and the self addressed return envelope.

The online reporting will make traveling around the country even easier. Just submit the report, wait for an approval and then print out the receipt when you get it.

• Like 2

hi I have be told at pattaya that I have to report where I done my retirement visa, so your saying if I report to korat with my new address I will be able to do it there? what else would I have to show them other than the change of address form?thanks

You applied for and got an extension stay not a visa.

You complete TM28 form. They may also ask for TM30 from you landlord. They will also ask for proof of residence such as a rental agreement with a copy of your landlords ID card and house book attached.

You can mail in a 90 day report to your home immigration office from anywhere in the country. But you must have your home address on the TM47 form and the self addressed return envelope.

The online reporting will make traveling around the country even easier. Just submit the report, wait for an approval and then print out the receipt when you get it.

That was stated very clearly. Seems then no problem, if you happen to be visiting relatives somewhere away from where you reside/first received the extension.

i admit I get wrapped around the axle with these things, so I throw out ideas hoping they are clarified...and they usually are. I am not an expert, by any means, on anything here. I do like to know the details, and stay out of trouble. Very good questions and very good answers.

Other than my inclusion of the April Fools comment about 7-11, how does it make any sense that If the office that I use is in Nakhon Nowhere that I can sit in a hotel in Samui and do my report on line but can't go into the office in Nathon and do the report.

It doesn't make any sense. That's bureaucrats for you!

But what if you have moved since your latest extension and, in accordance with the recent ruling, report to the office where you obtained that extension with your new home address on the TM47 form which is not within their catchment area? Have there been any reports of offices rejecting 90-day reports on those grounds (which would presumably then leave you little choice other than to file completed TM28 & TM30 forms at your "new" office together with the TM47)?

But what if you have moved since your latest extension and, in accordance with the recent ruling, report to the office where you obtained that extension with your new home address on the TM47 form which is not within their catchment area? Have there been any reports of offices rejecting 90-day reports on those grounds (which would presumably then leave you little choice other than to file completed TM28 & TM30 forms at your "new" office together with the TM47)?

If you move permanently you have to formally report your new address to the office responsible for the area where you are living or you will not be allowed to report to that office.

I think this was mentioned earlier in this topic.

My understanding is that you must report to the immigration office that controls the area you live in. Where you applied for the extension is not important.

If you permanently move home you are supposed to inform the immigration office, in the catchment area of the new address, within 24 hours, and complete the change of address procedure. That includes moving home within the same area. Once you've notified the change of address you make all future reports to the local office. Unless of course you move again in which case the change of address procedure needs to be repeated.

To answer your first question. If you were to move outside the catchment area of the office where you applied for the extension, and went back to that office to report an address that was outside their area, they wouldn't let you report. They would send you to the office in the catchment area of new address.

Hope that helps.

We're going to try and do the 90 day report in Bangkok tomorrow. The Immigration website seems to say we can do it at either at the One Stop Center at Chamchuri Square or at the main place at Chaeng Wattana.

Does anyone know if either of those options is (1) impossible, or (2) better to use?

Thanks,

pj

The one stop can only be used if you fall under them for extensions of stay. if not you have to use Cheang Wattana Road or one of the two other locations for 90 day reporting:

1. Major Hollywood Suksa, 1st Floor , Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok

2. Imperial World Ladprao, 5 Floor , Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/location4.html

(in Thai)

• Like 1

The one stop can only be used if you fall under them for extensions of stay. if not you have to use Cheang Wattana Road or one of the two other locations for 90 day reporting:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/location4.html

(in Thai)

Thanks, Mario. I was thinking a trip to Lad Prao was on, but on that link you sent, it appears to say services are only open to people from neighboring countries? Or have I misread that?

Service for Visa Issuing (NON.L-A) , extension of stay permit and notification of address every 90 days , provided only for legalized special Labor of three Nationalities Loas , Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.

Contact at 2 offices as follows;

Open since 1 May, 2013

Tel. : 0-2463-2040 , 0-2463-2044-6

Click here to view a map

Open since 20 May,2013

Tel. : 0-2530-4535-6 และ 0-2530-4660-1

Click here to view a map

Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 - 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

pj

Edited by properjob

A final answer to my own OP question. Today we did my wife's 90 day report at Immigration HQ at Chaeng Wattana. At the first counter where we picked up the form, the official immediately said we should do it in Chiang Mai. We told him we were on holiday in Bangkok, and had evidence of where we were staying, so he gave us a new form and sent us to the 90 Day Report section, with instructions to go to a specific desk (J1). At Desk J1 there were two officials working on postal reports; we explained we were resident in Chiang Mai, but in Bangkok on holiday and needed to make my wife's 90 Day Report. It was all over in five minutes, with not even a regular queue to wait in.

So there you have it. It CAN be done. So long as you have evidence of where you are staying in Bangkok.

pj

A final answer to my own OP question. Today we did my wife's 90 day report at Immigration HQ at Chaeng Wattana. At the first counter where we picked up the form, the official immediately said we should do it in Chiang Mai. We told him we were on holiday in Bangkok, and had evidence of where we were staying, so he gave us a new form and sent us to the 90 Day Report section, with instructions to go to a specific desk (J1). At Desk J1 there were two officials working on postal reports; we explained we were resident in Chiang Mai, but in Bangkok on holiday and needed to make my wife's 90 Day Report. It was all over in five minutes, with not even a regular queue to wait in.

So there you have it. It CAN be done. So long as you have evidence of where you are staying in Bangkok.

pj

Or an envelope and a stamp. wink.png

• Like 1

Went to the Patong immigration office 13 days before my report is due, and was told by the officer (after looking through my passport and seeing no money inside) that he would not process the 90 day report. He refused to talk to me, and would only speak to my wife in Thai. My wife explained that we were leaving for Chiang Rai for Songkran the next morning, and would be there for 3 weeks. The officer told my wife that if I wanted to do the 90 day report on that day, I had to go to the main office in Phuket Town (even though the Patong office routinely processes 90 day reports in addition to tourist visa extensions).

My wife then asked if I could do the 90 day report in Chiang Rai, and the officer said "yes". We asked 2 times, and were told "yes" twice.

We're headed to Chiang Rai immigration tomorrow, and will be bringing our daughter's local tabien baan. Will report back on what happens.

Update on trying to do my 90 day report in Chiang Rai while on holiday there...

Went to the Chiang Rai airport and found 2 extremely helpful and polite immigration officers walking through the lobby. We stopped and asked them where I can do my report, and explained that my "home" office in Patong wouldn't do it 13 days early, and had told me I could do it in Chiang Rai while visiting.

The two officers talked about it between themselves, then phoned another officer at their station for more input. The bottom line was that I could not do the 90 day report in a different region, and told me that the officer in Patong was incorrect when he said I could. They noticed that I'm currently in the 30-day "consideration period" for my 1st annual extension based upon marriage, and the due date for the extension to be granted is only about 8 days after my 90 day report is due. I was told that this really isn't any problem, as the 90 day report will be done with my extension when I return to Phuket immigration, even though I'll be a little late.

Technically, I'll be 1 day late on the 90 day report. We'll see how that flies when I return to Phuket immigration for my annual extension stamp.

As a side note, I really appreciated the helpfulness of these immigration officers in Chiang Rai. They seem to be the polar opposite of the rude, abusive officers in Phuket.

The first application of your extension is considered to be a 90 day report. (That goes only for the first extension of stay). Your 90 day rport is not due until 90 days later.

Further more you can report 15 days early and up to 7 days late.

The first application of your extension is considered to be a 90 day report. (That goes only for the first extension of stay). Your 90 day rport is not due until 90 days later.

Further more you can report 15 days early and up to 7 days late.

Correct.

When the application for my annual extension was processed, I did not receive a receipt for a 90 day report. I'm assuming that the 90 day report will be automatically entered when I return to immigration on the date stamped in my passport as the "report to Immigration on this date to receive your extension" date.

But in my situation, (1) on the date in which I was told to report to Immigration to receive my 1st annual extension stamp (and have my 90 day report automatically processed), I will have already been in the country 98 days (1 day past the grace period), and (2) the office where I reside refused to do the report 13 days early.

It seems to me that anyone applying for their 1st extension based upon marriage could get caught up in this out of sync situation between the extension and the 90 day report due to the 30 day "under consideration" period associated with 1st time extensions.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but let's say you apply for your 1st extension exactly 20 days before the current 90 day permission to stay expires on your original multiple entry Non-O visa. That would be 5 days before the earliest possible 90 day report date, since you can only report up to 15 days in advance. Since it is your 1st extension, you will be "under consideration" for 30 days, and will not be able to receive your extension until 30 days (or more) after your date of application, which means that you will have been in the country 100 days before the 90 day report has been entered.

Try using the "90 day on-line". still a work in progress but worth a try. Need to use IE for now. If it fails go to Chaeng Wattana.

It is no longer a work in progress. There have been reports of doing it successfully.

It will work with other browsers. Chrome and Firefox has been confirmed.