first 90 day report after obtaining "retirement" visa in chiang khan, Loei

roberterik

Next Month I have to do my 1st 90 day report after I changed from work permit to "retirement" visa in BKK.

Living since a few Months in Loei, I intend to report in Chiang Khan, Loei.

Anybody with up to date experience at this office?

What to I need to prepare and bring with me?

Pls advice.

Suppose to be able to do it on the net now. If not mail it, fill out the reporting form along with a signed copy of each page in your passport, including the departure card, then include a self addressed envelope, with a ฿10 stamp. Mail it in a week ahead, very easy. However Chiang Khan is a nice place, and well worth a visit.

Edited by Issangeorge

Chiang Khan do not accept reports by mail, you will need a copy of your main passport page and all the visa and exit and entry stamped pages, you may get fined for not having reported your address when you moved here, it is a legal requirement. This used to be a very friendly office but now the woman in charge is a complete bitch and will go out of her way to make problems.

Suppose to be able to do it on the net now. If not mail it, fill out the reporting form along with a signed copy of each page in your passport, including the departure card, then include a self addressed envelope, with a ฿10 stamp. Mail it in a week ahead, very easy. However Chiang Khan is a nice place, and well worth a visit.

Last few times I went with form completed, I was told " don't need, all on computer" but you are probably right for a first timer.

You will need to do a TM28 change of address form along with the normal 90 day report form. They might even ask for TM30 form done by you landlord (or wife if married to a Thai).

You may also need proof of residence such as a rental agreement.

Immigration has gotten stricter about changing your address. If you don't formally do the change they will not accept your 90 day report and tell you that you have to do it where you applied for your extension.

• Like 1

Dear Members,

Thanks for your reactions and advice.

When I changed from work permit to "retirement" visa in BKK, I already mentioned the new address in Loei in the forms I had to fill there.

Meaning, my present address must be in the system somewhere?

Do you think I still have to make a new address statement in Chiang Khan office?

Dear Members,

Thanks for your reactions and advice.

When I changed from work permit to "retirement" visa in BKK, I already mentioned the new address in Loei in the forms I had to fill there.

Meaning, my present address must be in the system somewhere?

Do you think I still have to make a new address statement in Chiang Khan office?

I suspect that you still have a Bangkok address in immigration's database. If they had noticed you didn't have a Bangkok address on the forms they would not of done the extension there.

You should check with the Chiang Khan office to find out what address you have in the sysemt.

• Like 1

I do my 90 day reporting in Udon Thani. They do not require the completed TM-47 form at all.

I am in the computer and the only thing they want to see is my yellow book and passport.

The Immigration officer prints out the TM-47, I sign it where they tell me to and leave with a smile.

In and out in less than 5 minutes...but a 210 kilometer round trip to make the trip.

Edited by chuckd

Just went thru this same process. Did you have to provide proof of residence when you got your extension? Take the same proof with you. I always keep a copy and give them the original. TOT bill, cable bill, water bill - something with your name and address on it.

Form TM-47 completed

Picture page of passport

Visa page of passport

Entry card and last entry stamp

Proof of residence in some form

This was at Jomthien Immigration assuming all stations are the same.

Next time it will be in the computer and just show them your last notice.

Why is no-one using the new online process?

It supposedly went live five days ago...................

Maybe, just maybe it's in some people's interest NOT to promote it if every visitor is charged (read fleeced) of 20> 50b a time under the counter?

Just a thought?

Just went thru this same process. Did you have to provide proof of residence when you got your extension? Take the same proof with you. I always keep a copy and give them the original. TOT bill, cable bill, water bill - something with your name and address on it.

Form TM-47 completed

Picture page of passport

Visa page of passport

& passport ?
  • Like 1

Post to arrive 2 weeks before....not 1.

To be posted 15 days before due date, check your facts. Also if it arrives before the due date they will on occasion give your next 90 day report from date received so you end up with, say 80 days. EMS usually takes no more than 3-4 days by road (Thursday to Monday over weekend) ) although if by air via Suvarnabhumi it can sit there for up to 10 days!

Maybe, just maybe it's in some people's interest NOT to promote it if every visitor is charged (read fleeced) of 20> 50b a time under the counter?

Just a thought?

What's this about 20 baht every time or do you just offer it? I've had to use 4 different Imm. offices and never paid once and don't know anyone else who has either.

To be posted 15 days before due date, check your facts. Also if it arrives before the due date they will on occasion give your next 90 day report from date received so you end up with, say 80 days. EMS usually takes no more than 3-4 days by road (Thursday to Monday over weekend) ) although if by air via Suvarnabhumi it can sit there for up to 10 days!

Aeeh, well always thought 2 weeks were 14 days. So Mr., or Mrs. "English" was right with two weeks before. But you can also do your report seven days later without a fine, when you go there in person.

I was just talking to a Immigration guy and it's two weeks before, not 15 days.Check your facts, please.

Sorry, but why would anybody send such a form via airmail? That sounds insane.

Until last year I always sent mt form via EMS, put an EMS stamped envelope in as well with my address on it and always had it done within five days.

The Thai post offices seem to be way better than some in more "civilized" countries.

P.S. It's true that they issue the new one once it arrives. So you could easily lose two weeks of your visa.

Edited by lostinisaan

Just a thought?

What's this about 20 baht every time or do you just offer it? I've had to use 4 different Imm. offices and never paid once and don't know anyone else who has either.

Immigration Sisaket do ask people from time to time to pay 50 baht. Three moons ago, when I sent my wife to do it for me she had to pay.

Whenever I go, it's free. My wife's Thai........

Form TM-47 completed

Picture page of passport

Visa page of passport

& passport ?

Still valid six months, perhaps? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

easy question you did the 90 day on the day you got the retirement visa in your passport so the one due is actually the second 90 report isn't it

I am on a non O visa (please note not a retirement one I am here on my 18th one year extension and before that 7 years of multi entry no immigrant o visa's )

but now I do my annual extension and that same day do a 90 day & the next day my usual re-entry permit multi entry at 3,800 just in case an emergency trip crops up

[2 weeks or 15 days does it really matter? Its only 1day difference for gods sake.uote name=lostinisaan" post="9275165" timestamp="1428297598]

Aeeh, well always thought 2 weeks were 14 days. So Mr., or Mrs. "English" was right with two weeks before. But you can also do your report seven days later without a fine, when you go there in person.

I was just talking to a Immigration guy and it's two weeks before, not 15 days.Check your facts, please.

Sorry, but why would anybody send such a form via airmail? That sounds insane.

Until last year I always sent mt form via EMS, put an EMS stamped envelope in as well with my address on it and always had it done within five days.

The Thai post offices seem to be way better than some in more "civilized" countries.

P.S. It's true that they issue the new one once it arrives. So you could easily lose two weeks of your visa.