Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.aonangweather.com - the person who updates and operates that site seems to have their finger on the pulse pretty well for this part of the world. Quite informative and very relevant for Phuket as well.

It's great to see that they got the lightning radar working again. It was down for some time.

nexstorm.jpg

Pretty cool, your post updates with the current data. You posted this on May Day and its updated with today's data.

http://panphuket.com/weather has added this to their site as well.

Edited by Pakaty

I think all the weather predictors are the same people who predicted a hung parliament in the UK.

I predict a hung parliament:

attachicon.gifChalong-Kata.jpg facepalm.gif

When was that shot taken (?), as I was by there yesterday and was amazed that they had completely removed the guardrail where the Chinese bus went over. Slick road no rail............only a matter of time before another goes over !

I think all the weather predictors are the same people who predicted a hung parliament in the UK.

I predict a hung parliament:

attachicon.gifChalong-Kata.jpg facepalm.gif

When was that shot taken (?), as I was by there yesterday and was amazed that they had completely removed the guardrail where the Chinese bus went over. Slick road no rail............only a matter of time before another goes over !

Hang on... I'll just replay my dash cam video...

10:52 am Saturday morning.

I noticed they'd removed the centre line orange and white plastic posts when I was driving, but didn't notice the guard rail was gone - too busy avoiding the bikes overtaking me on the left facepalm.gif and the commuter vans coming straight at me around the bend ohmy.png .

I presume they are going to move the centre of the road slightly northwestwards once they've finished widening the north west side of the bend.

Hopefully they will also make the guard rail stronger. Pretty stupid removing it while the rainy season is starting, but I suppose they can't always get the timing right.

But what they should be doing - and what I posted before here - is they should be cutting right through that promontory and make the road straight, no cliff to fall off and less steep than the Patong hill.

Here's the vid. Note the "ghost rider" coming at me at time 1:28:

Edited by JetsetBkk

• 2 weeks later...

Another blue sky day. Hot with no wind.

Late rainy season this year and with El Nino officially active, it could be a dryish rainy season.

Which will make a very very dry high season. Interesting to see what happens.

My wife was showing me some Facebook pics of tap water coming from peoples taps around phuket. Some people have brown mud coming through the taps. Unusable.

As I look over Kata Bay right now I see localised black clouds and it clear that there are localised rain spots over the sea.

The problem is that there does not seem to be any organised rain on the way from the west. Look at the rain radar and it's all small spots of rain these past 7 days.

The wind has been from the east all day, so, this isn't monsoonal rain.

Chalong, not a drop.

Not so sure it's steady wind from east, more like from west in my locale. But the rain radar has been showing a steady drift of the rain spots moving to the east these last 2 days. Prior to that the rain spots where all over the place. I suspect the monsoon rain is on the way.

I was woken by a loud thunder clap just after 4am.

We then had about 10 minutes of rain. just enough to water the garden.

Chalong.

It missed my place near Wat Chalong.

Came down pretty good in Rawai at that time. Agreed, solid for about 10 minutes, enough muster to knock some dry coconuts onto the roof.

I was woken by a loud thunder clap just after 4am.

We then had about 10 minutes of rain. just enough to water the garden.

Chalong.

It missed my place near Wat Chalong.

Came down pretty good in Rawai at that time. Agreed, solid for about 10 minutes, enough muster to knock some dry coconuts onto the roof.

I had a look at the weather radar at the time, it was just a single localised cloud which went to the east fairly quickly.

Someone told me it was pissing down on CF East yesterday, about the time two ambulances were heading south to crashes mentioned elsewhere, but dry as a bone on CF West.

Looking dark right now.