Thai Police highlights its success in supporting Gov't security policy

Lite Beer

Funny stuff. A lot of what Prayut has done is to gut the income to the police

from their corruption activities. So instead of cutting off the head of the viper,

he has basically cut down the food source to the viper. What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

So now the police are happy their feet have been

held to the fire ?? Man you could not make this stuff up. I suspect at

this point the police are terrified of being gutted from the bottom to the

top, given their past horrendous history. So now time to suck up to

Prayut and hope he does not wake up one day and decide to REALLY

reform the police, not the namby pamby reforms from the past.....

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

Nothing to do with corruption whatsoever, he was removed for other reasons..................whistling.gif

What ever the reasons behind his and his cronies removal, they were corrupt. Very corrupt.

Other corrupt people, who also thought they were untouchable, must now be worried.

They also had billions and billions in artifacts, gold, land etc etc

Which mysteriously materialized to about 40 million baht by the time of the auction of it all.......

from their corruption activities. So instead of cutting off the head of the viper,

he has basically cut down the food source to the viper. What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

Nothing to do with corruption whatsoever, he was removed for other reasons..................whistling.gif

What ever the reasons behind his and his cronies removal, they were corrupt. Very corrupt.

Other corrupt people, who also thought they were untouchable, must now be worried.

They also had billions and billions in artifacts, gold, land etc etc

Which mysteriously materialized to about 40 million baht by the time of the auction of it all.......

True, true. Wasn't even Cambodia complaining some of the artefacts were fakes, or do I confuse two different cases with this ?

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

So far that was the only high profile case and for a different reason. Since then, lots of rumbling but have anyone seen a high profile personality and uniform being charged? Until we see sentencing and behind bars, reserve your praise. We ain't see nothing yet.

I can understand your impatience, my dear Eric. Some have it that the NCPO should just wave it's magic A44 wand and throw a few in jail, just like that. Unfortunately those same would then complain about the undemocratic use of A44 and the near dictatorial character of the NCPO.

So I guess we'll wait till people are charged, due process completed and if found guilty ... ...

allow them to appeal, pay bail ... ... and after a last appeal still convicted of a crime and sentenced finally put in jail, in about five to ten years from now.

Democratic processes, marvellous, truly.

Rubi, you have been living here long enough to know that the wealthies and the high rank uniforms will never ever been behind bars. Every rich and famous knows the other has benefitted from corruption and have the means and connection to get out of jail. I tried to crack my head to recall any of the senior military or police officers have been jailed for corruption. Accept for the recent high profile charge involving a senior police officer for a very different reason, I just can't recall any. The only high profile corruption cases unfortunately are from the political side that the coup seek to pursue. Democray has nothing to do with this. More a Thai thing like Thainess.

The best police in the world, money can buy.

You man of little faith!!

Khun Somyot quoted in the OP, was handpicked for his position by your hero Mr P...............coffee1.gif

It's not nice to confuse Costas. He's dealing with as much propaganda as he can right now.

I can understand your impatience, my dear Eric. Some have it that the NCPO should just wave it's magic A44 wand and throw a few in jail, just like that. Unfortunately those same would then complain about the undemocratic use of A44 and the near dictatorial character of the NCPO.

So I guess we'll wait till people are charged, due process completed and if found guilty ... ...

allow them to appeal, pay bail ... ... and after a last appeal still convicted of a crime and sentenced finally put in jail, in about five to ten years from now.

Democratic processes, marvellous, truly.

Rubi, you have been living here long enough to know that the wealthies and the high rank uniforms will never ever been behind bars. Every rich and famous knows the other has benefitted from corruption and have the means and connection to get out of jail. I tried to crack my head to recall any of the senior military or police officers have been jailed for corruption. Accept for the recent high profile charge involving a senior police officer for a very different reason, I just can't recall any. The only high profile corruption cases unfortunately are from the political side that the coup seek to pursue. Democray has nothing to do with this. More a Thai thing like Thainess.

"Every rich and famous knows the other has benefitted from corruption and have the means and connection to get out of jail."

Mostly true, maybe even up to 99%.

It shows the need for reforms.

Edited by rubl