What happened to WE TV?

thaibeachlovers

Went away for a few days- came back and all the channels changed places, seems like a lot of channels don't have anything on them and Fox was showing the National Geographic channel instead of the news.

Also, times of series was at least 1/2 hour earlier than before.

Not a new thing, but don't you hate it when they start a show late, then stop it before the end to make up time, when they were only showing music VDOs or those revolting "gags" for an hour before. Did that twice on Downton Abbey, just before the end climax- aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhh.

• Like 1

I watched the change over happening before my very eyes on a morning a few days ago. Of course they didn't warn what they were doing - just happened mid show. I also missed Downton Abbey. I had just discovered it on a Thai speaking channel. While they were trying to make up their mind they showed only half episodes for several days. Then they changed the scheduling time on three occasions just to keep us on our toes.

It would also be convenient if they bunched all the English speaking channels together.

I think the time has come to move on from WE and seek alternative viewing.

Is a desk top box the way to go?

• Like 1

Hey, at least you've got Downton Abbey. The Diva channel on Truevisions stopped showing it in the middle of Season 5 during the mid-season break and haven't started up again. And Truevisions is substantially more expensive than WE TV.

And UFC is no longer on True. No warning that it was going to stop. They stop your signal if you dont pay with 7 days but no recourse when they dont provide....such is these service providers!

• Like 1

I love O'Reilly. I love Chris Wallace and really enjoy Brett Baire. I could care less about about other people's opinions, who can easily watch something else that they prefer.

Chris Wallace has won every major broadcast news award for his reporting, including three Emmy Awards. “Fox News Sunday” beat its major-network competition in all categories in Washington DC last year. A lot of people think that it is the best Sunday morning news show on any network.

By the way, Fox News was showing the National Geographic TV movie, Killing Jesus, based on the book by Bill O'Reilly. They often do special shows on weekends.

I am pretty sure that all the same WE TV programming is still there, but some is on different channels than before. I was worried that BBC was gone, but it just moved a few spaces down.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

It all changed on April 1st; after all it is all fools day and the management of most Thai run enterprises are fools.

Still; anyone that misses the Fox News channel has serious problems of their own !

I was waiting for the person that just HAD to slag off Fox, and you are it.

My viewing habits are none of your business, but I am not ashamed to say that I try not to ever miss an episode of O Reilly.

Fox Haters are frequently of the left wing, blue collar types, referred to very accurately by Bill O'Reilly as "Pin Heads."

• Like 2

I love O'Reilly. I love Chris Wallace and really enjoy Brett Baire. I could care less about about other people's opinions, who can easily watch something else that they prefer.

Chris Wallace has won every major broadcast news award for his reporting, including three Emmy Awards. “Fox News Sunday” beat its major-network competition in all categories in Washington DC last year. A lot of people think that it is the best Sunday morning news show on any network.

By the way, Fox News was showing the National Geographic TV movie, Killing Jesus, based on the book by Bill O'Reilly. They often do special shows on weekends.

I am pretty sure that all the same WE TV programming is still there, but some is on different channels than before. I was worried that BBC was gone, but it just moved a few spaces down.

FOX is now on Channel 35 where "Australia Network" and more recently "Australia Plus" used to be. The GENIUS running Australia's Treasury has pulled the pin on funding and killed-off those broadcasts into Thailand.

FOX, BBC and CNA (Channel News Asia from Singapore) are still on WETV but they've moved them, for whatever reason to channels 43, 44 and 45....I think...I'm still trying to get used to finding them. Oh, Al Jazeera is also there, I think on 42.

I contacted WETV (WORST EVER Television) to speak to the Boss Lady, Khun Eppin (Apple) about the Channel Changing but she was "having a day off"...suspect she just couldn't be bothered talking with a customer!

If ANYONE knows where else, the above mentioned Channels can be picked-up, PLEASE tell us here in this forum, so we can all give WETV the Flick!

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 1

LOL.. This is an incredibly amusing topic.

I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt and will imagine you all as lovable as Jack Nicholson was in As Good as it Gets, when it comes to the tantrums thrown in response to incredibly minor changes in daily routine for the somewhat senior, or OCD-inclined. biggrin.png

I especially enjoyed "The manager of my cable company wasn't immediately available to answer my call on a Sunday in a long holiday weekend." Yes.. what was she thinking, daring to take a day off...

Anyway I'm a WeTV subscriber and happy that Fox News is still around. Although you guys are almost as entertaining. thumbsup.gif

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Coming up to my yearly subscription renewal and this year it looks like a no.

It gets worse every year but this year, there really is nothing to watch and we watch an hour a day maximum.

So looks like they have lost a customer.

It all changed on April 1st; after all it is all fools day and the management of most Thai run enterprises are fools.

Still; anyone that misses the Fox News channel has serious problems of their own !

My viewing habits are none of your business, but I am not ashamed to say that I try not to ever miss an episode of O Reilly.

Fox Haters are frequently of the left wing, blue collar types, referred to very accurately by Bill O'Reilly as "Pin Heads."

And the demographics for FOX lovers are white ,middle aged,bigots as described by an American friend of mine who actually loves FOX as its content,he believes, will help Hillary Clinton to be the next American President.I must admit I have only watched FOX once when an ex American general was still justifying invading Iraq and doing the same to Iran...so I moved on.

But back to WETV whether it be True, CTH , WETV , IPM they all change programming to suit themselves.No point in complaining that's the way it is.

I used to have WeTV, but have moved on quite a while ago now,as

there are much,much better offerings for the same money,or even free.

better picture,more selection.

regards Worgeordie

DO TELL!!!!........Dont leave us hanging ....(WeTV'rs)wai2.gif

Oh the Humanity......I just got Wetv yest..so im

just glad to have Tv and be able to watch a movie..anyway..

• Like 1

I used to have WeTV, but have moved on quite a while ago now,as

there are much,much better offerings for the same money,or even free.

better picture,more selection.

regards Worgeordie

Will you please tell me what the better offers are as I am planning to move from WE.

• Like 1

What annoys me about Fox is it's lack of objectivity. It sounds like an Obama hate channel. Have a go at Obama by all means but good journalism demand balanced reporting. The strident screech of bigot is not good reporting.

There is objective reporting on Fox. Chris Wallace and Brett Baire are the two best examples, but there are more. O'Reilly is not ideological and sticks up for Obama regularly, but he is a conservative, so mostly disagrees with his policies.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of hatred for Obama expressed on Fox. Much of it is partisan (like on Hannity), but plenty of it is also deserved.

Edited by Ulysses G.

That's what I like about ThaiExpatTV. If you miss your favourite show, you have 10 days available to go back and watch, or record.

is it over the internet? I tried SkyTV but kept getting lag and 'freezes' (tried 3BB and ToT)

FOX is now on Channel 35 where "Australia Network" and more recently "Australia Plus" used to be. The GENIUS running Australia's Treasury has pulled the pin on funding and killed-off those broadcasts into Thailand.

FOX, BBC and CNA (Channel News Asia from Singapore) are still on WETV but they've moved them, for whatever reason to channels 43, 44 and 45....I think...I'm still trying to get used to finding them. Oh, Al Jazeera is also there, I think on 42.

I contacted WETV (WORST EVER Television) to speak to the Boss Lady, Khun Eppin (Apple) about the Channel Changing but she was "having a day off"...suspect she just couldn't be bothered talking with a customer!

If ANYONE knows where else, the above mentioned Channels can be picked-up, PLEASE tell us here in this forum, so we can all give WETV the Flick!

Fox moved to channel 50 on my tv.

Over the last two days- played music videos for hours on the series channel, Downton Abbey not on.

Didn't play Criminal minds at all two days ago- just ads and movie trailers for over two hours. Could be longer as I gave up checking. Yesterday played it at 1130am instead of 10am. Not on last night.

Yes, Worst Ever is a good description.

Fox did play the Killing Jesus show, but over last few days has shown the same National Geographic Knights Templar and Book of Revelation over and over and over and over. I'll see tomorrow if O Reilly is back

All the same channels that I watch are on WE TV, but in different places, so what was the point of the change? The problem isn't what's on, but WHEN are they going to show it w00t.gif .

Edited by thaibeachlovers

And the demographics for FOX lovers are white ,middle aged,bigots as described by an American friend of mine who actually loves FOX as its content,he believes, will help Hillary Clinton to be the next American President.I must admit I have only watched FOX once when an ex American general was still justifying invading Iraq and doing the same to Iran...so I moved on.

But back to WETV whether it be True, CTH , WETV , IPM they all change programming to suit themselves.No point in complaining that's the way it is.

My beef isn't the programming- it's that they broadcast the shows whenever they feel like it, or sometimes not at all. That's no way to run a commercial enterprise.

Just realised why they might be showing National Geograpic Bible related shows on Fox. It's Easter in America. I didn't realise, being that it's not mentioned here in Thailand.

We'll see if it returns to normal tomorrow.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

That's what I like about ThaiExpatTV. If you miss your favourite show, you have 10 days available to go back and watch, or record.

That's fine if you just want to watch UK tv.
Incorrect. There is a lot of septic tank junk on it as well... Unfortunately. Columbo, murder she wrote, two and half men, duck dynasty, pawn stars, magnum, storage wars, Frazier, 3rd rock from the sun, everybody loves Raymond, judge Judy... Need I continue? Edited by sharktooth

Well i just use Wetv for the movie stream really---cost me 80 a month in my building

So 20 baht a week to be able to watch endless movies is worth it...after all TiT....wai2.gif

Nothing beats odd couple reruns on youtube....oscar..oscar..oscar!!!! ohh felix!!!

just wish the damn english movies they play in thai had ENG subtitles--NOT thai facepalm.gif