Tourism rebounds after martial law ended

Thaivisa News

This Deputy Prime Minister MR Pridiyathorn Devakula, needs his head examined.

If he tells us that the tourists started flooding the country because of the lift of martial law, 4 days ago, and the future of the economy is all roses because of the government steps, he is either lying or hasn't got the brain to understand the real truth.

Hope we are not going back listening to government rhetorics without any substance.

Blimey, have you fallen off your horse whilst en route to Damascus?

If he tells us that the tourists started flooding the country because of the lift of martial law, 4 days ago, and the future of the economy is all roses because of the government steps, he is either lying or hasn't got the brain to understand the real truth.

Hope we are not going back listening to government rhetorics without any substance.

It is true what he says, I saw Pridiyathorn Devakula up at the airport counting tourists and asking each of them how rich they are

• Like 1

"Tourism rebounds" is a lot different than "Tourism EXPECTED to rebound." I am so tired of these idiotic, misleading headlines. If it's a quote from the article that is one thing, but it's not. Who is writing your headlines? Interns? Retired farmers from South Alabama? Ex-pat steelworkers from Manchester? If you're this far off in your summary headline, how can I trust anything else you write? No wonder I hardly look at Thai visa anymore. You need to be more factual, not more sensational. Or change your name to "Thailand Enquirer."

• Like 1

"Tourism rebounds" is a lot different than "Tourism EXPECTED to rebound." I am so tired of these idiotic, misleading headlines. If it's a quote from the article that is one thing, but it's not. Who is writing your headlines? Interns? Retired farmers from South Alabama? Ex-pat steelworkers from Manchester? If you're this far off in your summary headline, how can I trust anything else you write? No wonder I hardly look at Thai visa anymore. You need to be more factual, not more sensational. Or change your name to "Thailand Enquirer."

Why let something as boring as facts get in the way of a potential good thread??

• Like 1

I'm afraid the strengthed baht has taken is toll on exports.

Its taken its toll on my humble pension check from Canada.

It is not really so much that the baht has gotten stronger. It has actually weakened against the dollar. The problem is that all the other currencies (AUD, CAD, EUR) have weakened a LOT relative to the dollar, and the baht has weakened only a little bit. Thus, it feels like the baht is stronger relative to those currencies. Currencies are all relative against each other, and the relativities orbit the world's reserve currency like the planets orbit the Sun.

• Like 2

Come on guys - this is talking (empty) heads' stuff. Means nothing.

Almost nobody in the EU who wants to visit Thailand could give a rat's .......about martial law in Thailand. 99% don't care / know / who is in charge. If you were to ask most - if they knew the red and yellow shirts are off the street and confine themselves to meeting and grumbling and affecting nothing - they wouldn't know what you are talking about.

To Thai people the vast majority of them - they are happy the redshirts have been thumped down - the Rice Scammers on their way to Trial.

Farang expats, with too little to do - are the "trouble" hungry ones. The few clowns who support the redshirt or the Taksin billions - who cares about them? Not even the dwindling number of redshirts.

So foreigners wanting to visit Thailand - with perhaps one in a million thinking "Oh Article 44 - oh no." will just cruise the internet visiting Trip Advisor and do their bookings and they will come.

Some - a couple of million won't in 2015.

Who are they?

They are the victims of the EU incompetence package called the euro. Last year - it had fallen to 43 baht to 1 euro. Now it's around 33-34 baht for one euro. Come for 21 days - last year's cost - (hotel and food) about 44,000 baht. Which WAS about 1,000 euro.

Now the same costs 1,330 euro - that extra 330 euro - is just GONE.

Look at the Airfares - the Airlines were ripping people off with both hands last year.......in the last month - fares dropped by over 20%.

So NO it's not the Thai Government or anything to do with them - it's the trouble in the EU and other outlying islands.

And in Thailand? Hotel prices falling? - No - the Russkies have gone - the Euroids are broke - but Thai hotels didn't budge. Well I suppose one doesn't have to make an empty bed.

Something to do with Easter holidays in Europe perhaps

No,no, you're wrong!

Some months ago the General went to Indonesia and invited the whole country to visit Thailand - every man jack of them. It must be true, as it was reported on this site!.

You are simply seeing the results of that initiative, as it took them some time to get organised in the Jakarta travel agencies. cheesy.gif

Do I feel just a little doubt creeping in.....................?? (about time!!)

You are aware:

1. Khun Devakula is a minister in your beloved leaders government

2. Khun Devakula is a member of the Royal family

In just one post, you managed to challenge Art 44 and LM!!

Well done Sir!!clap2.gif

Nope.... Probably not much to fear about challenging people in the government, as I suspect not a whole lot of Royal family members are working government jobs... :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se_majest%C3%A9_in_Thailand

"Thai Criminal Code elaborates in section 112: "Whoever defames, insults or threatens the King, Queen, the Heir-apparent or the Regent, shall be punished with imprisonment of three to fifteen years."

But you are right about insulting government officials. Oh man I am so screwed. Guess

now all the jokes I made during Chalerm's term of office is going to land me in jail.....

"The second group is insult or defamation against state officials or the Court. Insulting officials (Section 136) carries a penalty of imprisonment for up to 1 year or a fine of up to 20,000 baht, or both.

Back to topic, I think if a meteor hit Europe, the government here would somehow spin that into more tourists....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

If you are the highest in rank in Thailand you can tell all kinds of lies, nonsense or gibberish, nobody will dare to confront you, or correct you.

In Thailand the lie rules!

It works like that in all levels of society, companies, schools, government and certainly the army!

To be kind, This unbelievable !!

I do not believe the most important thing facing the Government of Thailand is Tourism. I believe it is still corruption and the very poor Education System.

The everyday Citizens need those items addressed, now!! Sure Thailand likes the 7% VAT that Tourist spend on drinks, food and lodging. But take care of your people first and foremost !!

• Like 2

Do I feel just a little doubt creeping in.....................?? (about time!!)

You are aware:

1. Khun Devakula is a minister in your beloved leaders government

2. Khun Devakula is a member of the Royal family

In just one post, you managed to challenge Art 44 and LM!!

Well done Sir!!clap2.gif

Nope.... Probably not much to fear about challenging people in the government, as I suspect not a whole lot of Royal family members are working government jobs... :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se_majest%C3%A9_in_Thailand

"Thai Criminal Code elaborates in section 112: "Whoever defames, insults or threatens the King, Queen, the Heir-apparent or the Regent, shall be punished with imprisonment of three to fifteen years."

But you are right about insulting government officials. Oh man I am so screwed. Guess

now all the jokes I made during Chalerm's term of office is going to land me in jail.....

"The second group is insult or defamation against state officials or the Court. Insulting officials (Section 136) carries a penalty of imprisonment for up to 1 year or a fine of up to 20,000 baht, or both.

Back to topic, I think if a meteor hit Europe, the government here would somehow spin that into more tourists....

Especially if that meteor had 400,000 Chinese tourists returning from a " To the moon and back tour"

What a crock of .......... Once the tourists see that Martial law has been replace with The Generals Law and warning notices start to appear you will see a steady reduction in tourists and a slow exodus of foreign investment too. But hay that could be a real boost for the Thai economy. Time will tell only glad we got out before all this ..... hit the fan.

Well may tourism be "Booming" in Thailand, but it sure as hell is not happening on Koh Samui, the place is as dead as the proverbial Do Do

Yep a mate of mine in Jomtien says tourist numbers look no different from previous years, and another mate who owns a bar in Patong said it's also about the same.

Thai logic 101: something is bad, facts all agree with that assessment, but simply saying that something is happening or is expected to happen makes everythimg all ok once again for the numpties that take things at face value.

It's been 4 days, they cannot possibly have seen any "actual" rebound as yet, they're simply saying they expect it to happen. Let's wait and see. I'm guessing TAT will announce some amazingly high arrival numbers soon to support these "facts".

How do they come up with these stupid ridiculous facts let alone even make them public announcements .... ?

• Like 1

The country has projected a zero growth for this year’s exports, he said.

Now that is a surprise. We are 3 months into the year and it is projected at Zero, nil, nada , zilch, comeing from how many percent 3 months ago?

How about negative growth Mr minister, same as the previous year, when everything recovered in record tempo on the 22nd day of the 5th month.

• Like 1

These people really are retarded psychopaths! Do they really think that people swallow their drivel? "Wow, we lifted Martial Law and then stuck in Article 44 ....just look at everyone buying tickets for a holiday in the hub of retards!

These retards are the only people that must believe their own rubbish.

Down Syndrome retard announces worthless mouthful of retarded lies....as usual, how many "Mentally challenged" (Rather than say retarded <deleted>) can a country have leading it....yes, I know The creature Milliband would do well here along with the other socially inept creatures like Clegg and Cameron, but really, these people are just incredible! (In the real sense of the word)

Edited by Vogele123