Former Miss Universe partners with Soi Dog Phuket

Lite Beer

Former Miss Universe partners with Soi Dog Phuket
Nattha Thepbamrung

1428316610_1-org.jpg

So glad you're here: Natalie Glebova meets one of the Soi Dog puppies.

PHUKET: Miss Universe 2005, Natalie Glebova, paid a visit to Phuket Soi Dog foundation in Mai Khao today (April 6) for a film shoot for her new website which aims to help promote a variety of charitable foundations.

“I have been a supporter of SoiDog for several years and I am happy to help out in any way that I can by creating awareness, helping raise fund or showing up for publicity.

“Today I brought some friends because we are working on a project that is going to promote a variety of charities,” Ms Glebova told The Phuket News after a tour of the foundation’s facilities.

She explained that she and her friends are working on starting a travel business that will also offer customers the chance to make contributions to charities.

“It basically combines traveling and humanitarian work. We are looking at partnering up with a few organisations across Asia so that, when people travel, they will be able to look at and choose which organisation they want to donate to.

“I think SoiDog is a perfect candidate for this because it has amazing programs. We want to get some footage to show people what we are going to be working with, what SoiDog does and how they can help.”

She said she is very impressed with the work of SoiDog. “I am a huge animal lover so it really hurts me when I see animals hurt.

“I am really grateful to the founders, John and Gill [Dalley] who set this up. They are helping so many animals.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/former-miss-universe-partners-with-soi-dog-phuket-51758.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-06

Former GF of former tennis player Paradorn.

And now this lovely Russian lady loves soidogs, isn't that sweet??

Or is she just trying to get her last 15 minutes in the limelight??

• Like 1

Sounds to me that she have done quite enough, not to need a 15 minutes of limelight or to be remembered as an ex-wife of some sports player.

Glebova was born in Tuapse, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union. She studied classical piano and graduated from a professional musical school at age of 12. She also has won various regional rhythmic gymnastics championships. She immigrated to Toronto, Canadatogether with her parents at the age of 13.[2]

Prior to competing at Miss Universe, Glebova worked as a model and received her Bachelor of Commerce in Information Technology Management and Marketing at Ryerson University in Toronto. She has also worked as a motivational speaker for grade school and high school students.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Glebova

That's on top of that she is actually Miss Universe 2005. I'd call her a full package.

She also visited the Gibbon project at Paklok. PG has an article about the visit.

Former GF of former tennis player Paradorn.

And now this lovely Russian lady loves soidogs, isn't that sweet??

Or is she just trying to get her last 15 minutes in the limelight??

I know Paradon was no Adonis, but surely that is not Paradon in the photo?

Does she know the dog just had it's tongue up another dogs arse? Soi dogs are unhealthy, dangerous a traffic and a noise problem that shit everywhere. They are the biggest social pest in Thailand. Some do gooders sterilizing a few does no good at all, this women is another misguided idiot.

Can you guys actually say something nice once in a while? Ever?

• Like 2

Does she know the dog just had it's tongue up another dogs arse? Soi dogs are unhealthy, dangerous a traffic and a noise problem that shit everywhere. They are the biggest social pest in Thailand. Some do gooders sterilizing a few does no good at all, this women is another misguided idiot.

Can you guys actually say something nice once in a while? Ever?

There is nothing nice about soi dogs, my mrs got savaged by one three weeks ago, last of 5 injections on Thursday. It had previously bitten 5 others in a few days. Eventually a Thai bashed it's head in, not nice but that's more the reality than sentimental nonsense stories of faithful fluffy mr soi dog, the only good one is a dead one IMO. It is impossible to sterilize faster than they breed, the only answer is mass culling along with sterilization.

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree more , so much time , effort and money wasted on 95% of a species that are filthy and useless . Several days ago in Big C Phuket there were young people collecting for Dog welfare . After a life time of barking dogs ruining Sunday sleepins , Barbecues with friends , daily walks dodging turds , dogs pissing everwhere but at home ( I could go on for hours ) I told the young person very nicely what I thought of dogs but offered B100 . I was told that B500 was the minimum they would accept so I pocketed my B100 and moved on . Also there are more filthy dogs around Bang Wad Dam now than before the highly publicised sterilization program . BRING ON THE SOY DOG PROGRAM !!

• Like 1

I don't bite folks, have rabies, bark and shit or sit in the middle of the road in packs or keep people awake barking. Neither do I eat any animal, something 'animal lovers' seem very partial to!

Eat some meat. It might put you in a better mood. You're doing plenty of 'barking' in this thread. Lighten up man. tongue.png

Eating dog might persuade me to take up the habit again, no different to cows or pigs.

There you go, you can help to reduce the soi dog population and snack at the same time. I'm surprised you didn't think of it before, smart guy like you! facepalm.gif