Don't see too many of these in Thailand.

giddyup

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it have the actual Airstream name and number on it ? Maybe not as it has been polished - or stored in his house !

Rare !!

Yes, it did. I couldn't get close enough for my camera to capture it, but it had the Airstream logo on the back as well as near the door.

post-130068-0-89634300-1428406371_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

Did it have the actual Airstream name and number on it ? Maybe not as it has been polished - or stored in his house !

Rare !!

Yes, it did. I couldn't get close enough for my camera to capture it, but it had the Airstream logo on the back as well as near the door.

18' Airstream Pacer, circa 1959

post-80674-0-34826200-1428438229_thumb.j

Edited by Enoon

Looks like a mobile oven to me.Hope it has good insulation

Obviously not American, exact opposite is the case, ovens don't reflect heat outwardly like a shiny surface does.. And they are the Cadillac of travel trailers, well built and well laid out with the best amenities of most any trailers and stream line aero which is why you can see a classic 1959 example still around.

Good to see someone finally got smart about travel trailers here, though I think this one may be a bit upscale for the market.

Often thought caravanning thru Thailand would be a great idea, apart from the fact that there are no caravan parks.

Reminds me of when we bought my bil to Australia a couple of years ago, and he asked us what those things on the back of all the cars were. They were tow-bars and then I realized I had never seen them in Thailand.

Often thought there could be a market for trailers there, but could the Thais reverse park them?

Most likely a fake.

You have evidence or just another wild guess? I imagine there would be a real market for fake Airstream caravans in Thailand. Not.

Edited by giddyup

It "appears" to be the real thing. I wonder how original the inside is. Worth around $20,000 to $40,000 in USA depending on who you talk to. Polishing is an option many folks do on the older Airstreams.

Nice unit external anyway.

Yep, it's true! here you are: Airstream Thailand, complete with A/C if I'm not mistaken.

http://airstream.co.th/home/?lang=en

Awesome! I knew there was a reason why I just traded up to a 3.2 Wildtrack.

Yes, good point. I've got a 2014 Mazda CX-5 2.5 benzine and I don't think she's got the torque to pull one of these. I wish I'd bought the 2.2 diesel model now for the extra torque, because I'd love to have an Airstream in Thailand, what a great idea.

Edited by NumbNut

It "appears" to be the real thing. I wonder how original the inside is. Worth around $20,000 to $40,000 in USA depending on who you talk to. Polishing is an option many folks do on the older Airstreams.

Nice unit external anyway.

Correction: Worth around $0 to $40,000 depending on who you talk to.

Yep, it's true! here you are: Airstream Thailand, complete with A/C if I'm not mistaken.

http://airstream.co.th/home/?lang=en

Awesome! I knew there was a reason why I just traded up to a 3.2 Wildtrack.

Yes, good point. I've got a 2014 Mazda CX-5 2.5 benzine and I don't think she's got the torque to pull one of these. I wish I'd bought the 2.2 diesel model now for the extra torque, because I'd love to have an Airstream in Thailand, what a great idea.

I have a 7.63m/2400kg travel trailer I pulled with a 2.5L 4cyl gas Jeep CJ8 4x4 which weighs 1242kg. The problem was not so much the torque, but the weight diffence. Fortunately, I only had to pull it 52km, but the last 5km was all uphill in 4whlow.