decent burger

willfreeman

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really good burger at Aussie boys go try it you won't be disappointed one of the best i have had in chiang mai.

https://www.facebook.com/Aussie-Boys-879627528773725/timeline/

Thanks, I tried this one myself recently. I agree, it's good.

The burger at Soi 1 Bar/Restaurant is better, though smaller and a little more expensive, but this is good too. Service is also much faster and easier, naturally, with the Aussie boys being a fast food place, rather than a tablecloth restaurant like Soi 1.

Will be eating here again when what I want is a quick, good, burger.

Value-for-money wise, the BurgerBox (if I remember the name correctly) at the newish foodmarket located between Foxy Lady go-go and Kalaree at the night bazar is #1 without any doubt in my mind, though.

Really good burger at Aussie boys go try it you won't be disappointed one of the best i have had in chiang mai.

The burger at Soi 1 Bar/Restaurant is better, though smaller and a little more expensive, but this is good too. Service is also much faster and easier, naturally, with the Aussie boys being a fast food place, rather than a tablecloth restaurant like Soi 1.

Value-for-money wise, the BurgerBox (if I remember the name correctly) at the newish foodmarket located between Foxy Lady go-go and Kalaree at the night bazar is #1 without any doubt in my mind, though.

Yeah, there are at least four different burger trucks in CM now. Aussie Boys, BurgerBox, Burgerholic, and Beast Burger.

BurgerBox used to park at the KSK outdoor food market when it moved to the street level but I don't think it got too many customers at that venue. Beast Burger is up in the Nimman area.

I believe you are talking about the food court located where the climbing wall used to be located. Yes it is indeed a good value.

• 4 months later...

Classic Burger in the old city neat the corner on moat moonmuang soi 9 has a great burger.
It's run by an American guy and it's a real genuine burger cooked correctly, same with the fries. Similar quality to Nation's in America.
Did not go in with big expectations but very satisfied. Was so good it made me homesick.

Another big plus is that they are not overcharging on prices.

Edited by fey

Must get round to trying some of these burgers, Dukes and Rock Me plus I've seen a couple of these vans near Nimman mentioned. Don't often eat burgers so it'll take some time.

One thing I'm not keen on though is the trend over recent years to stack burgers higher and higher in order to make it look spectacular. Sometimes it looks good but a real PITA to eat, too high to stretch your mouth wide enough to eat comfortably (if at all) and once I have to break out the knife and fork to eat a burger it's lost me on anything that would qualify even near to being 'best', that alongside soggy, sweet bread and an overdose of some god awful dressing (how much salad would you like with your dressing sir?). I've had some really, really good burgers over the years but not many and those I've had have been way outnumbered (about 9 to 1) by the average to crap. Hoping the ones mentioned in this thread will not disappoint.

Classic Burger in the old city neat the corner on moat moonmuang soi 9 has a great burger.

It's run by an American guy and it's a real genuine burger cooked correctly, same with the fries. Similar quality to Nation's in America.

Did not go in with big expectations but very satisfied. Was so good it made me homesick.

Mmmmmm - Nations - a Bay Area fixture....The great burgers get you in the door----»» The breakfasts are downright habit forming.....

Nothing here comes close....

Mmmmmm - Nations - a Bay Area fixture....The great burgers get you in the door----»» The breakfasts are downright habit forming.....

You two could be shot.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

thumb_600.jpg?1321589937

http://nationsrestaurants.com clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Wow, that really took me back to the past. First job out of college was working in the financial district in SF.

We would work late then hit Nations before starting our rounds of North Beach bars starting with Specs.

By closing time we were usually at some bar in the Marina District. Thinking back, not sure how we survived.

Classic Burger on soi9 moon muang...BRAVO.

They are doing burger sets from 90-130 baht and after polishing off the 130 baht one.....fantastic....best burger I have had in years...Really chunky real fries and excellent patty, neither bitter or tasteless.Size is decent.

I hope their prices don't go "boutique" come March after the February special..

Edited by freedomnow

You two could be shot.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

thumb_600.jpg?1321589937

http://nationsrestaurants.com clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

post-114384-0-70159800-1456382695_thumb.

Burgers & Breakfasts....Usually served with a smiling Filipina.....

Ugh. Velveeta fake cheese. I'd know it anywhere, in any photo. I'll take a miss on that burger.

Yeah, and it probably costs US$7, without fries. In baht talk that's 245, plus local tax, up to 300 baht for minor meal.

A far better buy is the 'pork burger' from McDonald's, aka Egg/Sausage McMuffin. Same number of calories but 1/3 the price.

Ugh. Velveeta fake cheese. I'd know it anywhere, in any photo. I'll take a miss on that burger.

Yeah, and it probably costs US$7, without fries. In baht talk that's 245, plus local tax, up to 300 baht for minor meal.

A far better buy is the 'pork burger' from McDonald's, aka Egg/Sausage McMuffin. Same number of calories but 1/3 the price.

They use real English Muffins on them. Not sure if they can be found any place else in Chiang Mai.

I ordered the plain Jane at Gekko's garden. It came with the fixings you put them on your self to suit your self. They do have one with Blue Cheese on it for an extra 25 baht. It is a good sized chunk that you have to spread around a bit. Going to have to check the cart behind Pantip. There used to be a cart that had one like the 7/11 only completely cooked on site and you got your choice of condiments. They made 7/11 look silly. This is in the cheap burger section. There are burgers with out all the fancy fixings and dressings that are pretty darn good.

Wow, that really took me back to the past. First job out of college was working in the financial district in SF.

We would work late then hit Nations before starting our rounds of North Beach bars starting with Specs.

By closing time we were usually at some bar in the Marina District. Thinking back, not sure how we survived.

Points awarded for any evening of "rounds" that begins at Specs.

Double stamina points awarded for persevering all the way out to The Marina.

Triple points awarded (and game over) if "some bar in the Marina District" was either The Horseshoe Tavern or The Mauna Loa Club!

Edited by landtrout

Can assure you it was neither fake or velveta if it's the Nations pic you're thinking about.....All top notch, fresh, and plentiful....

Can assure you it was neither fake or Velveeta if it's the Nations pic you're thinking about.....All top notch, fresh, and plentiful....

I also enjoy the SEM and will be having some at the airport McDs early Monday....That's the cheese I find questionable.....

Edited by pgrahmm

i was a fan of Aussie boys , but now my favorite is the classic shop at Soi 9.

Went to Soi 1 last time , chef was out , don't know how you can run a company that way.

Wont be seeing me in the future for sure.

That's the pity about soi 1, cos the beef they use makes great burgers.

Now we just need to find the real hot dog place....

Haven't found anything decent in the stores to BBQ - they're all bland, squishy and meally tasting....

Makro has some bratwurst that doesn't taste like "bratwurst" but at least have some body and flavor once on sourdough slathered with mustard, catsup, and onions....

Sorry if this has already been mentioned buts its past midnight and I cannot be bothered to read all the previous threads.

came acrosss Classic Burger the other night, Soi 9 Moonmuang just before Riders Corner. Though the burger was pretty ok but found the fries

amazing, they actually tasted like potato rather than just some crispy thing. Prices are stupidly cheap and I wonder how long they can keep that up.

Also noticed they have a proper flame grill not a hot plate like most other places

Sorry if this has already been mentioned buts its past midnight and I cannot be bothered to read all the previous threads.

came acrosss Classic Burger the other night, Soi 9 Moonmuang just before Riders Corner. Though the burger was pretty ok but found the fries

amazing, they actually tasted like potato rather than just some crispy thing. Prices are stupidly cheap and I wonder how long they can keep that up.

Also noticed they have a proper flame grill not a hot plate like most other places

no wonder you noticed that they have a proper flame grill. you sit there four hours a day using it as your office. you probably have also noticed every screw and bolt in the restaurant