Moral Authorities Encourage Songkran Attendees to Dress Appropriately

Jacob Maslow

this is classic example of neo-colonialist way of thinking. you apriori believe that your moral values are better than others

and how are you going to enforce this "freedom without geographic limitations" ?

let me guess... carpet bombing?

1)"fundamental human rights" is just 200 years old Western idea which is now used to discredit and manipulate sovereign governments. who told you everybody should accept it

2) "freedom from sexual assault" does not justify provocative behavior. every women in the world knows what buttons naked ankles and breasts push in man's psych. women use it to manipulate men and to force them to give away their resources. and when provocation goes wrong - sexual assault can happen. does it mean that the rapist is innocent? no! does it mean that a women's decision was a cause of the rape? yes! that's why changing women's behavior to non-provocative can help from men who can't control there libido. this is a fact, which all leftists like you deny for 50 years.

but Thai government doe's not give a shit about your weird destructive left-wing ideas. so calm down and relax.

I don't even know where to go with this, so I won't. Some people just can't be helped.

Does anyone know if there's a documented increase in sexual assaults during Songkran? I'm not particularly worried and I'm not hiding in my house for a week, but I'm just curious if there's something about Songkran that brings out the predatory behavior in people.

yes ....... Alcohol mellow.png

• Like 1

The state media is warning the public that the sexual assault of women is caused by the clothing they wear.

For those poor of mind that don't understand the wording used in the OP, or pretend not to understand just to increase their post and like count, I'll give a simple example.

stock-footage-beautiful-muslim-lady-chec The chance that the lady in the first picture is raped by an unstable person is much lower than for the one in the second picture Low-Cut-Mini-Dress-with-Cinched-Ties-on-

No it isn't.

Rape is about power and control, what the victim is wearing is not what matters to the rapist.

http://www.consented.ca/myths/provocative-clothing-is-a-risk-factor/

From your link. Note that from the 11 individuals 10 are women.What else you would have expected?

It's like a murderer running an organisation to explain what are the reasons for murder.

Screen-shot-2012-04-26-at-10.34.34-PM.pn

We are a group of 11 individuals who are working towards a world without sexual violence.

consented21-sized1.jpg

Edited by Anthony5

The state media is warning the public that the sexual assault of women is caused by the clothing they wear.

For those poor of mind that don't understand the wording used in the OP, or pretend not to understand just to increase their post and like count, I'll give a simple example.

stock-footage-beautiful-muslim-lady-chec The chance that the lady in the first picture is raped by an unstable person is much lower than for the one in the second picture Low-Cut-Mini-Dress-with-Cinched-Ties-on-

No it isn't.

Rape is about power and control, what the victim is wearing is not what matters to the rapist.

From your link. Note that from the 11 individuals 10 are women.What else you would have expected?

It's like a murderer running an organisation to explain what are the reasons for murder.

Screen-shot-2012-04-26-at-10.34.34-PM.pn

We are a group of 11 individuals who are working towards a world without sexual violence.

consented21-sized1.jpg

It's just one of many links that I could have posted.

What you are wearing does not lead to rape.

It is the rapists desire to control and dominate, the need for power that drives them.

They don't care what the victim is wearing.

Thailand is trying to change it's tourism model from sex-tourism to family - oriented. For sure all depraved sugar daddies who came here for cheap harlotry hate it.

sorry guys, your immoral hedonistic attitude is an anachronism in modern Asia. all "dragons" and "tigers" look in other direction now. So please find another place to fulfill your salacity.

No it isn't.

absolute lie which was implemented by American feminists. for their opinion, woman can do whatever she wants to provoke a man and if he succumb to provocation - woman can sue him for harassment. women use natural biological mechanisms to attract a man and when he is attracted - he is trapped by pro-feminist state. everybody can be manipulated and controlled by pro-feminist law. harassment charge is the best way to get rid of a political or business competitor (remember Dominique Strauss-Kahn). All rape charges were lifted but he lost his chances on French presidential elections.

the best position for woman parasitism and money extortion

all you ran away from western feminism but keep trying to implant it here. even animals don't shit where they live.

Edited by Jeffreyake
  • Like 1

I don't even know where to go with this, so I won't. Some people just can't be helped.

Does anyone know if there's a documented increase in sexual assaults during Songkran? I'm not particularly worried and I'm not hiding in my house for a week, but I'm just curious if there's something about Songkran that brings out the predatory behavior in people.

yes ....... Alcohol mellow.png

I'm in Pattaya. Alcohol is a way of life in these parts. :)

I agree, though. A week long party fueled by mass quantities of alcohol is a recipe for disaster. I love a drink now and then, don't get me wrong. But I think I'll just stay on the dark side next week.

It is the rapists desire to control and dominate, the need for power that drives them.

The OP is actually talking about sexual assault rather than rape. However rape is also sexual assault of course and will also happen, there are many lesser forms of sexual assault, and which are actually applicable to songkran and happen all over the place. If you ever took part of songkran festivities I'm sure you will have noticed that.

These lesser forms, like there are touching private parts of woman AND man during songkran, are not done by rapists but by sexually aroused people.

Damn..you still don't get it. It's got nothing to do with what the woman may or may not be wearing. It is about men. So I'm wondering...why do we never hear about lesbians raping 'scantily clad' women. It is not about women or what they wear.... it is about men and it's about power and control.

• Like 1

Damn..you still don't get it. It's got nothing to do with what the woman may or may not be wearing. It is about men. So I'm wondering...why do we never hear about lesbians raping 'scantily clad' women. It is not about women or what they wear.... it is about men and it's about power and control.

Where in the OP is the word rape used?

The OP is actually talking about sexual assault rather than rape. However rape is also sexual assault of course and will also happen, there are many lesser forms of sexual assault, and which are actually applicable to songkran and happen all over the place. If you ever took part of songkran festivities I'm sure you will have noticed that.

These lesser forms, like there are touching private parts of woman AND man during songkran, are not done by rapists but by sexually aroused people.

And they will do it no matter what the victim is wearing if they think they can get away with it.

Touching up, sexual assault in whatever form it takes, wherever it happens, whenever it happens, happens no matter what the victim is wearing.

Thailand is trying to change it's tourism model from sex-tourism to family - oriented. For sure all depraved sugar daddies who came here for cheap harlotry hate it.

sorry guys, your immoral hedonistic attitude is an anachronism in modern Asia. all "dragons" and "tigers" look in other direction now. So please find another place to fulfill your salacity.

No it isn't.

absolute lie which was implemented by American feminists. for their opinion, woman can do whatever she wants to provoke a man and if he succumb to provocation - woman can sue him for harassment. women use natural biological mechanisms to attract a man and when he is attracted - he is trapped by pro-feminist state. everybody can be manipulated and controlled by pro-feminist law. harassment charge is the best way to get rid of a political or business competitor (remember Dominique Strauss-Kahn). All rape charges were lifted but he lost his chances on French presidential elections.

the best position for woman parasitism and money extortion

all you ran away from western feminism but keep trying to implant it here. even animals don't shit where they live.

Along with every other post you have made so far on this thread,

Nonsense.

• Like 1

And they will do it no matter what the victim is wearing if they think they can get away with it.

Touching up, sexual assault in whatever form it takes, wherever it happens, whenever it happens, happens no matter what the victim is wearing.

could you please show us some scientific research which proves that appearance does not increase the chances for women to be sexually assaulted.

thank you

Nonsense.

the best argument

lol

Edited by Jeffreyake

could you please show us some scientific research which proves that appearance does not increase the chances for women to be sexually assaulted.

thank you

No.

Google it.

You won't read any links I put here.

Do your own research. It's out there.

I know I can back up my position.

Can you?

• Like 1

thank you

Nonsense.

the best argument

lol

The truth often is.

More ' values ', more hypocrisy, more BS that no one will pay the slightest attention to.

Ladies dress appropriately or you encourage a sexual assault ! Does this apply to ugly women who may wear bikinis ?

As "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" who knows?

There is a fairly standard template for beauty, for most guys. Slim, young, pretty face. I know if the girl I have 'met' at Nana is a fairly standard 'beauty' as all those beer guzzlers in the 'sit and stare bars' at the entrance, give jealous and longing looks as I walk past with her.

This image used to be on the Ministry of Culture website (until the 2011 Songkran episode):

songkran-bare-breasted-painting.jpg

The offending image was changed after the MoC condemned topless revellers during the 2011 celebration and a flurry of people pointed out that the MoC had an image of topless girls on their website !

When my kids have grown up and left home I'm going to hang this in my bedroom if the wife is okay with it :)

Why wait, if it's inappropriate now, why is it better after the kids leave home - seems like double standards to me .....

This image used to be on the Ministry of Culture website (until the 2011 Songkran episode):

spiritofsongkran.jpg

That image was a portion of this original painting by the Thai artist Sompop Budtarad:

songkran-bare-breasted-painting.jpg

The offending image was changed after the MoC condemned topless revellers during the 2011 celebration and a flurry of people pointed out that the MoC had an image of topless girls on their website !

post-75138-0-16056700-1426478842.jpg

Perhaps what is "appropriate" depends largely on how it looks when you wear it (or don't) yourself !

I never have, and never will, understand why so many people think it is bad to show the female breast and or nipple!

Some sort of strange puritan, victorian perversion I guess.

Before western influence interfered, it was common for Thai women to not cover their breasts.

Breasts and nipples are not all about recreational sex.

If they were not kept hidden and secret, those who are so excited about them, would not be nearly as interested in them.

I was told by a japanese girlfriend once that when Japanese women were prohibited to expose the back of their neck in public, Japanese men considered the nexk the most erotic part of the female body!

Why are male nipples not taboo to display in public?

IMO..the whole concept of bad breasts is ridiculous!

Can anyone please explain to me what is so bad about a nipple?

We all have them!

The showing of bare female breasts in the media is considered "obscene", yet showing photos of mutilated dead bodies seems to be totally acceptable. I know which one I consider "obscene"!

How does the government reconcile its wish for an appropriate dress code for Songkran (or any other time) with its stated desire to bring in more Russians? Rotund Russians in speedos and bikinis at the Grand Palace? Is that what they want?

More ' values ', more hypocrisy, more BS that no one will pay the slightest attention to.

Ladies dress appropriately or you encourage a sexual assault ! Does this apply to ugly women who may wear bikinis ?

As "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" who knows?

There is a fairly standard template for beauty, for most guys. Slim, young, pretty face. I know if the girl I have 'met' at Nana is a fairly standard 'beauty' as all those beer guzzlers in the 'sit and stare bars' at the entrance, give jealous and longing looks as I walk past with her.

WOW, what a he man!!

Getting jealous and longing looks from the beer guzzlers when he is passing with his rented hooker!!

You seem to forget, that the beer-bellies probably already have slept with your "girlfriend"

and being from Nana.............a ladyboy perchance. Its ok if it is we wont tell.