One Year Multi Entry O Visa From Embassy in London

Now that the various consulates no longer issue this type of visa via the postal service us Brits have to apply directly to the Thai Embassy either by post or in person. I intend to go to the Embassy in Queensgate SW7 myself.

I understand that you need your

Passport

2 photos

Completed application form. This can be filled in when you apply..

The fee in cash or postal orders.

Proof of receipt of pension.

Some confusion has arisen regarding what sort of proof of pension is required. Will a letter from the pension service suffice which was accepted by the consulates or do they want to know how much pension income you receive. Will proof of substantial savings be accepted if the income is insufficient.

Any advice or or experience regarding this matter would be much appreciated.

Are you 65 or over and getting an old age pension. If not you will not get a multiple entry non-o visa in the UK.

I don't think you will be able to get the visa from the embassy they will only do the OA visa. You probably still need to apply at one of the consulates in person to get the visa. They send the application to the embassy for approval.

The letter proving you pension should be enough.

Are you 65 or over and getting an old age pension. If not you will not get a multiple entry non-o visa in the UK.

I don't think you will be able to get the visa from the embassy they will only do the OA visa. You probably still need to apply at one of the consulates in person to get the visa. They send the application to the embassy for approval.

The letter proving you pension should be enough.

I am over 65 and getting the OAP.

I just phoned Hull and they said they no longer do a postal sevice and all applications must be made in London. Their website says you must have have bank statements showing a minimum pension income of £14,500 whereas before a letter simply stating that you receive a state pension was accepted by the consulates.

He may, in fact, be OK for a non-O visa based on the UK State Pension (which is what he is referring to) if the following advice on the Embassy's website at http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49 is to be believed:-

"Category "O" To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)"

That would, however, appear to require evidence of finance amounting to at least 20,000 THB (= around £425 on current exchange rates). In my view, he would be strongly advised to provide such evidence in addition to the Pension Service letter.

Edited by OJAS

Stay away from Hull

You will only be able to secure a multi-entry "non O" visa from one of the other Hon Thai Consulates by making personal application .

Proof of pension is by the DWP letter which you will have that notifies information about your OAP .

Birmingham Consulate have always been very helpful in the past but again you will have to go there in person. They are not issuing multiple entry but you probably don't need that. Single Entry Non-O will get you into Thailand and then you convert that into "extension to stay based on retirement" and then at the same time apply for multiple entry permit

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On a multi-entry O visa, how long could someone stay in Thailand without going through the retirement extension route ?

UK citizen 67 years old and receiving state pension

Used correctly a stay of almost 15 months can be secured from a one year multi-entry "O" visa

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Birmingham Consulate have always been very helpful in the past but again you will have to go there in person. They are not issuing multiple entry but you probably don't need that. Single Entry Non-O will get you into Thailand and then you convert that into "extension to stay based on retirement" and then at the same time apply for multiple entry permit

Really ?

Can you evidence that statement about not issuing multi-entry non "O" visas to those who qualify ?

Thanks for all your replies.

I phoned Hull again and the lady was sure that a letter of proof of pension will be acceptable at the Embassy and the amount was not an issue. I live too far from any of the consulates and getting any accurate info in person or on the phone from the staff at the Embassy is nigh on impossible. So when I go to apply I will take every bit of bumf I could possibly require.

Really ?

Can you evidence that statement about not issuing multi-entry non "O" visas to those who qualify ?

Sorry I stand corrected. They can issue multi-entry just cannot issue on the same day. My mistake.